Reviews for First Choice
She-Who-Lives-in-TheMadhouse chapter 1 . 3/9/2018
Sasuke is a cunt, as Naruto pointed out in one of your stories. Why would he break his word and not stay? I like your endings, though. It's refreshing after heaps of fluff writers usually post (at least ending-wise). I am a bit cross with you for killing Sasuke off so many times, but, well, all of us die someday. I especially liked the ending of the fic where Sas is a prostitute. It's rather close to real life.
And, well, the one where he is ill. You didn't turn it into some inspirational tale. Thank you.
ChibiNekoBandit chapter 1 . 12/2/2016
Wow, that was far more beautiful and intense than I thought it would be. It had such a sad ending though! I would say, I am looking forward to more but it is pretty clear that this is a one-shot P:

Thanks for sharing this :D
Arw165 chapter 1 . 8/1/2016
This is very good, mature story. But it's so sad. I love happy endings, but there was no way for this mess to end happily, without hurting someone in a process. Namely, everyone except Sasuke.
Unhappy love always makes me the saddest.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/17/2014
This is bittersweet and it's good, but it seemed too realistic. Like when I read stories (esp. fanfics) I am looking for over the top emotions and senarios, and unhappy endings are fine as long as they are sufficiently emotional so that they are cathartic. This is believable, sweet, and sad, but sad enough that it's depressing but not sad enough that it's cathartic. That probably sounds really confusing- I don't know if I explained my point enough. Anyway, I am still a fan of your writing, just not this fic as much.
bridmatt chapter 1 . 8/7/2013
Sasuke in this fic was...wow, I don't even know. He was a horrible, horrible person for flaunting what he was about to do with Naruto in front of Konan, particularly since she had the children with her! But then I think he'd gotten to that place because of everything that she'd been doing. So OK, I can kind of forgive his behavior there, but then what about how he acted in front of Kiba? He didn't even care about Kiba knowing or it getting back to Sakura. And what about Naruto's point that if they slept together, it wouldn't just ruin Naruto's relationship with Sakura, but potentially Naruto's relationship with his son, as well? There was so much selfish callousness that I had a hard time thinking Sasuke was still IN LOVE with Naruto and not just miserable with his life and desperately clinging to the one bit of happiness he'd had in the past. Loving someone means not being so selfish and sometimes putting their needs above your own. I didn't see any unselfishness in Sasuke's behavior toward Naruto, it was all about what Sasuke wanted and not what Naruto needed. :(

I'm not sure how to take Sasuke leaving the hotel and not waiting for Naruto. He said he'd wait and was sure Naruto would cave in. So why didn't he? Was it his pride that got the better of him? It was somewhat humiliating for Sasuke to wait, but he would have gotten what he'd wanted if he'd waited. Sure enough, Naruto came back. Did he realize that he no longer loved Naruto or that he was making a mistake? Did something happen with Konan? Or to put a positive spin on things, maybe leaving was the one truly loving thing he was able to do for Naruto. If you love someone, set them free, and all that. We will never know why he did it.

I was a little depressed for Naruto at the end, mostly because he asked Sakura to marry him because he felt rejected by Sasuke, and that really isn't the right way to go about things. With Sakura worrying about not being good enough for Naruto, it made me sad for her and their potential marriage because she'll always be the one trying had and never living up, so in the end, Naruto could be doing more damage than good in proposing, even though it's what she thought she wanted.

On the other hand, I very much liked the maturity of Naruto's resolution. If Naruto can do it, can really learn to be happy with what he's got and not constantly be yearning for what he doesn't have, then he can find happiness with Sakura, and make her happy in return. I liked that the story didn't try to make Naruto and Sasuke's hookup into a beautiful, poetic thing, especially with Kiba objecting to it with some very logical concerns. Naruto was behaving badly and it was good that the fic saved him from himself before he gave into a temptation that probably wouldn't have brought him happiness. After 10 years apart, would Naruto and Sasuke have still been compatible? Sasuke surely hadn't changed for the better. And if his father successfully threatened them into a breakup once, who's to say it wouldn't happen again? What would piss off Fugaku more, teenage Sasuke coming out, or adult Sasuke who has a prominent position in the corporation ditching his wife and two kids for another man?

I enjoyed this. :)
eienternity chapter 1 . 6/2/2013
This was very realistic and well written, I really enjoyed reading it. I absolutely loved the ending, and the beginningļ½¢plus all the angst in betweenXD ļ½£
gloria223 chapter 1 . 3/6/2013
I was surprised by the ending. To be honest, I've been debating whether to read this story or not because based on the summary, I thought this was going to be a sappy, anticlamatic story. But this was the only Naruto fanfiction from you that I haven't read, so I gave it a try. I should've known the summary didn't do the story any justice. I'm sorry this is the first time that I'm commenting on your stories (I just didn't want to babble on all of them) First of all, I wanted to say... Minato and Takeo is sooo cute. Miniature Naruto and Sasuke interactions - I freaking ADORE! ...anyway, back to the story. I think Kiba is a really good friend. He knows Naruto well (with Naruto's reason for leaving Minato with him & how that won't happen only once if Sasuke's really back) and truly cares for him and his family's well being. When Naruto was at the jeweller's, I really wanted him to get something and propose to Sakura, yet I was upset with the ending. I didn't think Sasuke would give up that easily. I mean I love Naruto and Sasuke together, but they were just not meant to be together in this universe. They've both settled down and have kids of their own. I just can't imagine them having a future together. Though, I am perplexed by Sasuke's behaviors. Why did he seem so annoyed with Naruto at first? They haven't seen each other for so long, and he was the one that ended things, yet he was more upset than Naruto? I also wonder about his feelings for Naruto. I'm sure he likes Naruto, but would he have been so insistent with having sex with Naruto if it weren't for Konan cheating on him?(I really dislike this pairing by the way, SasuKonan, shudders lol) I think I would have to agree with Kiba on how Sasuke is just upset he's not in control of Naruto anymore. This story gets me thinking a lot... I love it. Thank you sooo much for such a great read. (You've converted me from a SasuNaru fan to a SasuNaruSasu fan by the way)
minashito-sama chapter 1 . 12/25/2012
Oh my God, this fic is brilliant and realistic. I don't have anything to add since the other reviewers took the words right out of my mouth and I wouldn't want to sound redundant, right? (Heh, excuse my English please). I love this, especially the ending. I never would've expected this plot, the summary lacked something... but anyway! Thanks for writing this, I enjoyed reading it :)

...are you sure this is only a one shot? No part two or somethin'? Heh, kidding! :)) (seriously though...)
Kiki1o1 chapter 1 . 4/14/2012
This was so sad and so true!

I see and feel a tear right now! Whyyyy!
jaezyra-chan chapter 1 . 1/14/2012
owwhhh...why like that? :(

so sad...

nice story btw :)
Anonimasu chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
As much as I love NaruSasu I did like the ending. It was realistic and very sad. I would love to beat some sense into Sasuke, but the entire time I was thinking 'do not do it Naruto'. Really really lovely.
kiba anaisa madhead chapter 1 . 10/9/2011
Aaaww this is so sweet! Even tho I dnt really like sakura, it wz a sweet story! Brought me to a little tears!
Billie Holiday chapter 1 . 8/22/2011
You are clearly in touch with reality, much more so than your peers. This was the ending I was hoping for, the 'I think I love My Wife' ending as I kept referring to it. I don't believe in cheating period and I know my Naruto would never - he's way too much of a sweetheart for that.

Only that bastard Uchiha would think of something like that.

So good job with keeping them IC!

There was something else I wanted to say but I'm not sure how to express it...well I think when it comes to love you can never love two people the same so it would be silly for Naruto to compare the love he has for wife and Uchiha - even though people do that. How can you love two people the same when you love different things about each of them? You can't, so I think maybe he should have realized even if he didn't get that brat things happened the way the did for a reason.

To go on with Sakura when he didn't really love her how she should have been loved was cruel in my opinion. I thought maybe you'd have him see the light but...it didn't happen.

Overall, good story but towards the middle onwards I started noticing errors - I suppose that's due to the length yet I still feel you should run this through word or a beta, or any grammar spelling program you know of.

Thank you for writing this and reading this overly long review!

-Billie
Nessie-san chapter 1 . 7/15/2011
Oh my god. This...this may truly have been the best SasuNaru I've ever read, just because of how real it was. Add to that that there were no grammatical mistakes...Wow. Wonderful job, Ramen-san. Truly splendid work.
xXNelXx chapter 1 . 5/4/2011
...are you gonna make this into long chapter story? or just a one-shot? cause honestly...this would make a great story if you were to continue it :) lol
48 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »