Reviews for Prince Rainbow's Blessing
Ivan Bunny chapter 1 . 9/17/2014
Wow! You've been busy! I come and check on this story from time to time, it is one of my all-time favorites because I can visualize things so well with how it's written. This is my winter story. Just one of those things you read at certain times of the year, or when the feeling catches you. I read it straight through, that takes time but it's worth the eyestrain and neck pain hehe. Take Care!
Ivan Bunny chapter 1 . 9/17/2014
(SIDE NOTE) I fling Trubochki at Efrafa from the Down with my Trebuchet, when the rabbits are sleeping of course. Woundwort won't know what hit him.
Sharks Potter chapter 43 . 5/14/2014
Hey Todd,

it's good to have you back! This chapter was completely unexpected, given that I thought you had since completed the story, but nonetheless interesting. My, my, I might have figured Sam's parents couldn't resist coming to visit him in his new form, after they realised he hadn't died in the hospital.

Prince Rainbow showing up to chastise them was quite hilarious, but, given all those comical 'mishaps' that were meant to prevent them from getting there, I'd say Frith actually meant them to reunite one more time, and was merely toying with them if anything. Frankly, he'd be too cruel to deny Maggie a last chance to see her son and say goodbye. Even more so when he made Prince Rainbow give them the power to communicate.

The whole reunion thing was actually quite heart-warming. Maggie being over the moon to meet her daughter-in-law and grandchildren (by the way, nice use of Lapine there) was real touching and I'm glad Glade warmed up to her 'in-laws' so quickly. Sam spending some time alone with his sister was also a great scene, although I feel for Molly's sadness of losing her big brother. But, like Sunflower said, he found his call in life on Watership Down and he made the right choice by staying. The scene with Molly meeting her 'nieces' was also excellent. A shame she would never see them though...

The rest of the rabbits joining in was also most welcome, although I did frown at Bigwig still having his reservations regarding humans... Although I can picture his embarrassment if Molly picked him up for a cuddle! And the part with Molly suggesting Sam and Hazel were a gay couple had me killing myself laughing all day! Well done on that!

However, I'm a little confused. In the previous chapter, when Sunflower and Glade finally pass away, the Black Rabbit mentions that they never shared the secret of Sam's past life with the latest generation. If Sam's parents did come, even this once, wouldn't the secret be known to the entire warren? Or had those who had known since passed away?

Overall, it's been a wonderful story and I'm glad you took the time to write it. Like I said before, it's an excellent addition to the WD fandom. Hope to see the proof-read version at some point.

Good luck with your future stories!

Alex

P.S. Beyond the New World has moved along quite a bit in the past few months. Jamie's story is finished and we're shifting back to the main characters, if you're still interested...
Weekyle17 chapter 42 . 8/13/2013
Why don't you write a chapter on mating season?
Sharks Potter chapter 42 . 8/6/2013
Hey Todd, it's great to hear from you again! I was beginning to think you had given up on fanfiction... Guess i was wrong.

This is actually an interesting alternate universe epilogue, showing what it would have been like if Sam had chosen to return to his human life. Even though i prefer the original ending, i find it really touching how he returned to England as a human, bought Glade from the farmer and set her loose on Watership Down, to be free and happy, even without him. Real touching scene there.

I was surprised how Sam could communicate with rabbits in lapine even after returning to his human body, because technically, lapine isn't some foreign language you can learn; you need rabbit senses to hear or speak it. I guess Prince Rainbow left him one of his powers, right? Still, very heart-warming chapter.

I don't know if this is your last chapter (the 'complete' mark isn't up yet), but otherwise, congratulations on a wonderful story. And thank you for referencing me with regards to the idea for this chapter.

Your friend and keen reviewer,
Alex

P.S. New World is undergoing another round of proof-reading, to correct any errors, while Beyond is about to be updated shortly. I am also working on my first Lion King and Secret of NIMH fanfics if you're interested...
Fenrirlapine chapter 39 . 7/3/2013
Interesting story loved how Sam got the choice to make his ending
Guest chapter 41 . 6/17/2013
are you eveing working on your next chapter
Guest chapter 13 . 5/27/2013
the actual redstone vision was

redstone waren is cold and dead
it only exists inside your head
moonfeather58 chapter 1 . 5/18/2013
Love this story.
MyLifeBeingABookworM chapter 41 . 4/22/2013
Nice chapter, I like how you made Hazel and Sam like close from pretty much the beginning, hope to see more.
Embemxrabbit chapter 41 . 4/21/2013
Ah...what a clever rabbit custom! Do any of the other rabbits share this bond? I was wondering what that word meant, thanks for uploading :) I love how the rabbits have strong faith and beliefs about the sacred bond.
Sharks Potter chapter 41 . 4/20/2013
Hey Todd,

another bonus chapter is up! Interesting how you wrote an entire chapter focusing on Hazel calling Sunflower heart-brother after the final battle. The ceremony in particular was the most interesting and well-detailed. Although it was kind of hard to imagine Bigwig initiating such a ceremony; his department is really the Owsla on the battlefield. Frankly, i would have expected Primrose or Blackberry, or even Campion to handle this. Then again, this is your story...

Actually, would you mind if i borrowed that ceremony at some point to use in my own fanfics? I promise you, i'll reference it approprietly. Looking forward to more!

Keep up the good work!
Alex

P.S. The next chapter for Beyond is being written and should be up sometime next week. Also, NW1 (and Tales) is undergoing another proof-reading, to add a little more to it if you're interested...
Guest chapter 40 . 4/13/2013
how about this for a story: Glade tries to tell Sunflower, she's pregnant
Weekyle17 chapter 1 . 4/11/2013
You didn't give much information what Sam/Sunflower look like, like what his hair colour of his hair, his fur
Sharks Potter chapter 40 . 2/19/2013
Hey Todd!

The bonus chapters are up! Interesting cut scene showing Sam's (or rather Sunflower's) problems in adjusting to his new life. Although he has had over a year of living with Hazel's band to learn how to survive, settling down permamently as a rabbit is another story.

Glade's fury with him for swallowing his tongue when she told him she loved him, although understandable, does seem a bit extreme (then again, i am pretty rubbish at understanding girls...). Glad it didn't ruin their relationship though!

Real touching how Hazel came and gave Sam advice, as well as challenging his thoughts on his true feelings towards Glade, to make Sam see reason. It really shows how close Sam has become with his new friends and that he made the right decision in giving up the human world. Not that he can go back anymore...

How about writing another chapter showing Sam teaching his kittens human things? I don't know, but i am sure that a reincarnated human-turned-rabbit would at least try and pass on some of his old human knowledge to those around him. Even Sam's high-school education should suffice to give simple lessons in things like reading, basic arithmetic, geography, astronomy... Maybe he could use street signs to teach his children how to read and count beyond four. Frankly, i was surprised in the epilogue than none of their kittens had picked up human words and terms...

Looking forward to the next chapter!