Reviews for Of Moonlight Shadows and Echoes Past
AlleyCattz chapter 20 . 10/23/2013
YES! I'm so glad you updated this story, I started reading it a few years ago and couldn't remember the title, but only the little Mewtwo's name. Please continue, I've been following this for awhile now :):):)
Moriko no Hikari chapter 20 . 9/2/2013
Ah, yes, the five Genesect. I cannot wait for them to finish translating!

On the other paw, HURRAH THIS TALE AIN'T DEAD. Hopefully you find more inspiration for it soon.
Moriko no Hikari chapter 1 . 9/1/2013
You REALLY need to replace the asterisks with italics or bold.
Shlane chapter 20 . 2/7/2013
Oh my god! I thought I was going to die of shock when I randomly flipped through my fav stories and found this had been updated, I'd all but abanonded hope. Thank you so much and I love the new chapters
Faith chapter 20 . 12/28/2012
Awesome chapter, awesome story. Keep up the great work.
kattycha01 chapter 8 . 12/15/2012
O.C done right: The compendium Ultima.
Frostfire613 chapter 20 . 11/10/2012
This fic is amazing!
ZeoViolet chapter 17 . 8/11/2012
Wintress: Beings as you posted under Guest status and I had to approve of any before replying, I'll say this here: Genesect is a clone of an ancient pokemon, like Mew, and genetically altered, like Mewtwo, but the difference is Team Plasma scientists used that genetic altering to upgrade the cannon on its back.
Wintress chapter 20 . 8/11/2012
If I am correct, Genesect is made by man, like Mewtwo but not cloned.

OMG PLEASE UPDATE! I hate seeing stories that are really good but discontinued...please...update..for your fans...8(
The Neverending Meep chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
...wow. That was quite a read.
I have to say, this story hits me on many levels. Not only because we both seemed to have stumbled into a similar concept (the whole 'thin line between light and shadows' thing), but I read about an Eevee, tragic pasts, and a certain poignancy with the title. :3

You have some minor grammar mistakes going on, but most of those are - at a guess - typos that can easily be fixed.

However, two did catch my eye:

"For a moment, Sharie's eyes shimmered, and she hugged them hard"

Much as I love the sound of this phrase, explaining so much in so little, it sounds like she's hugging her own eyes, haha. Perhaps you want to specify that she's hugging her father and uncle?

And also:

"The child must be kept away from humanity and it's dangers"

That 'its' doesn't require an apostrophe, as there's no abbreviation. Its is a tricky bugger when it comes to using it correctly in grammatical senses. You only use 'it's' when you're abbreviating either 'it is' or 'it has'. Everything else, including belonging, you use 'its'.
Examples:
The dog ate its dinner.
It's time for bed now.

Notice the difference?

My only real qualm about this chapter is that it feels like about five chapters crammed into one. Whilst it does make a good, lengthy prologue (and believe me, this is impressively long), it shortens the overall length of the rest of the story, for the several chapters that have been squished into the prologue to augment it have thus been truncated from the rest of the story.

...I hope that makes sense. D:

Really great work. I'll try to continue reading and reviewing. :3
shugokage chapter 20 . 6/30/2012
This is an amazing work I hope you will find the time and want to complete this story some time in the future!
I Am SomeoneI Am No One chapter 20 . 5/14/2012
/words cannot describe how fucking happy I am to see an update

I followed this story when I was eight years old man. oh my jesus god, now I'm sixteen, and i cannot *believe* you're picking this up. AND INCLUDING UNOVA TOO?

you. y-you're a god. /sob
ZeoViolet chapter 20 . 5/9/2012
Tsaukpaetra, I'm putting this here and on my comments page in general. :)

The speech thing was a matter of personal perspective for me and how I tend to see things. For that, it was a balance of "who is speaking" and usually going into translated speech when I was getting to the point. It has to do with how I tended to hear things in the anime.

I feel that for the clones most of their identical markings to the originals would make them pass fairly well in the "outside" world.

In Mewtwo Returns, Agent 009 was able to identify them as special clones that carried certain distinctive genetic markers Mewtwo himself possessed because they were cloned much in the same manner he was. Some handheld scanning device (that doesn't exist in the real world) let her know that really quickly, and at a distance.

That is the sort of thing Mewtwo fears; one of his clones falling into the wrong hands and those wrong hands realizing it with a simple genetic test. If it was possible with a single handheld device, and at a distance, who can say that it isn't possible in a simple pokemon center?

In the original Mewtwo Returns, he actually took this risk, because all the clones went their seperate ways at the very end; something I changed for the sake of this story to begin with.

Sharie's not had a great deal of exposure to trustworthy people and with her history, it is no surprise to me that she thinks that trustworthy trainers like the ones she has seen in her visions are rarer than not. It isn't too different from Mewtwo's own opinion. Anji is correct in saying that with all of them shut away here away from the world, it is rather hard for anyone...clone or human...to find out otherwise.
Tsaukpaetra chapter 20 . 5/9/2012
You're still on my watch list, if that counts! ;)

I found it quite weird that not all pokespeach was translated, considering all parties present can either innately understand it or have a means of doing so. It felt like an equivalent "insert comforting statement here" and kinda deterred the mind from following the conversion properly in some points.

I've always wondered how people would be able to instantly identify the clones as being such. Even with their odd markings it's still not enough to justify a passerby thinking they are just a special kind of shiny.

Of course the sample size of our oh-so-naive characters is not nearly enough for that kind of generalization against humans...

Keep going! :)
Tsaukpaetra chapter 19 . 4/24/2012
And another story bumped back up to the top of my updated list! Yay! For some reason I don't feel that there's been such a dramatic change in writing style. But it's a good plot moving chapter in any case.

Keep going! :)