Reviews for Of Moonlight Shadows and Echoes Past
Naya Zephronic chapter 19 . 7/24/2014
(I have to review this chapter, because FF wont let you double review, bah. But this is totally for chapter 20)
Aw man! It got SOOO good! The story has evolved, it sounds much more mature now. I can really tell that you don't have to limit yourself and your words anymore. I'm LOVING Anji and hope there'll be something between him and Sharie. And yes! There's no difference between clone Pokemon and real ones; (If not maybe for the evolved starters, with their funny markings) They should be able to go out into the world if that's what they want; find mates, or trainers or just LIVE.
I hope your still considering updating this again; I'm putting it on my watch list just in case! :)
Naya Zephronic chapter 20 . 7/17/2014
I haven't actually read the chapter yet, but I just want to say, WOW. WOW, I cant believe you decided to pick this up after 10 YEARS! I'm so exacting, I cant remember a THING that happened, only that I really like this story and that I thought of it fondly over the years. I have to go back and read from chapter one, but oh! I'm so giddy!
AlleyCattz chapter 20 . 10/23/2013
YES! I'm so glad you updated this story, I started reading it a few years ago and couldn't remember the title, but only the little Mewtwo's name. Please continue, I've been following this for awhile now :):):)
Moriko no Hikari chapter 20 . 9/2/2013
Ah, yes, the five Genesect. I cannot wait for them to finish translating!

On the other paw, HURRAH THIS TALE AIN'T DEAD. Hopefully you find more inspiration for it soon.
Moriko no Hikari chapter 1 . 9/1/2013
You REALLY need to replace the asterisks with italics or bold.
Shlane chapter 20 . 2/7/2013
Oh my god! I thought I was going to die of shock when I randomly flipped through my fav stories and found this had been updated, I'd all but abanonded hope. Thank you so much and I love the new chapters
Faith chapter 20 . 12/28/2012
Awesome chapter, awesome story. Keep up the great work.
kattycha01 chapter 8 . 12/15/2012
O.C done right: The compendium Ultima.
Frostfire613 chapter 20 . 11/10/2012
This fic is amazing!
ZeoViolet chapter 17 . 8/11/2012
Wintress: Beings as you posted under Guest status and I had to approve of any before replying, I'll say this here: Genesect is a clone of an ancient pokemon, like Mew, and genetically altered, like Mewtwo, but the difference is Team Plasma scientists used that genetic altering to upgrade the cannon on its back.
Wintress chapter 20 . 8/11/2012
If I am correct, Genesect is made by man, like Mewtwo but not cloned.

OMG PLEASE UPDATE! I hate seeing stories that are really good but discontinued...please...update..for your fans...8(
The Neverending Meep chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
...wow. That was quite a read.
I have to say, this story hits me on many levels. Not only because we both seemed to have stumbled into a similar concept (the whole 'thin line between light and shadows' thing), but I read about an Eevee, tragic pasts, and a certain poignancy with the title. :3

You have some minor grammar mistakes going on, but most of those are - at a guess - typos that can easily be fixed.

However, two did catch my eye:

"For a moment, Sharie's eyes shimmered, and she hugged them hard"

Much as I love the sound of this phrase, explaining so much in so little, it sounds like she's hugging her own eyes, haha. Perhaps you want to specify that she's hugging her father and uncle?

And also:

"The child must be kept away from humanity and it's dangers"

That 'its' doesn't require an apostrophe, as there's no abbreviation. Its is a tricky bugger when it comes to using it correctly in grammatical senses. You only use 'it's' when you're abbreviating either 'it is' or 'it has'. Everything else, including belonging, you use 'its'.
Examples:
The dog ate its dinner.
It's time for bed now.

Notice the difference?

My only real qualm about this chapter is that it feels like about five chapters crammed into one. Whilst it does make a good, lengthy prologue (and believe me, this is impressively long), it shortens the overall length of the rest of the story, for the several chapters that have been squished into the prologue to augment it have thus been truncated from the rest of the story.

...I hope that makes sense. D:

Really great work. I'll try to continue reading and reviewing. :3
shugokage chapter 20 . 6/30/2012
This is an amazing work I hope you will find the time and want to complete this story some time in the future!
I Am SomeoneI Am No One chapter 20 . 5/14/2012
/words cannot describe how fucking happy I am to see an update

I followed this story when I was eight years old man. oh my jesus god, now I'm sixteen, and i cannot *believe* you're picking this up. AND INCLUDING UNOVA TOO?

you. y-you're a god. /sob
ZeoViolet chapter 20 . 5/9/2012
Tsaukpaetra, I'm putting this here and on my comments page in general. :)

The speech thing was a matter of personal perspective for me and how I tend to see things. For that, it was a balance of "who is speaking" and usually going into translated speech when I was getting to the point. It has to do with how I tended to hear things in the anime.

I feel that for the clones most of their identical markings to the originals would make them pass fairly well in the "outside" world.

In Mewtwo Returns, Agent 009 was able to identify them as special clones that carried certain distinctive genetic markers Mewtwo himself possessed because they were cloned much in the same manner he was. Some handheld scanning device (that doesn't exist in the real world) let her know that really quickly, and at a distance.

That is the sort of thing Mewtwo fears; one of his clones falling into the wrong hands and those wrong hands realizing it with a simple genetic test. If it was possible with a single handheld device, and at a distance, who can say that it isn't possible in a simple pokemon center?

In the original Mewtwo Returns, he actually took this risk, because all the clones went their seperate ways at the very end; something I changed for the sake of this story to begin with.

Sharie's not had a great deal of exposure to trustworthy people and with her history, it is no surprise to me that she thinks that trustworthy trainers like the ones she has seen in her visions are rarer than not. It isn't too different from Mewtwo's own opinion. Anji is correct in saying that with all of them shut away here away from the world, it is rather hard for anyone...clone or human...to find out otherwise.