Reviews for In Stitches
WinterRosesAlwaysBloom chapter 1 . 2/3/2012
There were a lot of these that made me laugh and go 'I'd really like to know the story behind THAT one' but I think its best its left like this...then a couple made me wanna cry but ya know it fits.
The Talking Absol chapter 1 . 12/15/2010
Derp de derp. Have I mentioned I am the world's most procrastinating Absol? XD

Nayways, wanted to poke my head into this before my own ripoff got too out of hand. Won't get too specific (I would comment on all of them if I could), but I felt I needed to give a good review that you can reply to whenever you feel like it.

I laughed at "Rough"- I was happy to have found burlap at my local fabric store, but yeah. That stuff smells funny and does not feel good on skin. I loved "Thirst"- it is a great metaphor, but I don't know if it really fits them...

I liked "Hunt" (inject Batsy from behind indeed), and "Mistake" and "Wheel" were adorabibble. "Birth"; I didn't see that sentence/theme coming, but it worked perfectly. "Lick" made me laugh pretty hard too, especially when it's revealed what she's talking about, and "Jewel" makes me question your sanity.

Loved the way you ended this, though, with "Record" through "Live." "Glass" made me worry for a bit there, until I remembered reading "Belated," which made me sad. But, alas, it fits Scary's tragic life.

All in all, I loved how you make some of the theme-sentence relations obvious, and some more where you had to think about them. Very intelligent, and made it an even greater read.

Sorry, I'll stop rambling here. Gotta get going on the last bits of holiday shopping spree-ness. I would love to see you do one with Scary/Becky, because I love the Raven Mocker and "Crime of Passion" (which I swear I will review in the next few weeks), but you've got other, more important things in mind right now. Hope you get things all sorted out!

-TA
liliesandroses54 chapter 1 . 10/24/2010
This was awesome, some of them really made me laugh and then i got weird looks from my family. my favorite is 48, that one was especially awesome.
deleted9 chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
I really like this...very interesting format..and you tell a lot in just one sentence...I really like this one "Much as he hates the metaphor, it truly is like loving a siren as she drowns you." Very good!
Swan's Catastrophe chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
This is incredible! I love it
tweet432 chapter 1 . 8/18/2010
it made me smile :)
Tabby J Skylark chapter 1 . 8/6/2010
Well done! My favourite was: "They were both doctors once, but it gets hard to remember."
Lauralot chapter 1 . 8/6/2010
You do more in a single sentence than some authors do in a whole story. This is fantastic and I'm sorry it's taken me so long to review and say so.
AZ-woodbomb chapter 1 . 8/3/2010
I think the ice cream one is my favorite. Not just because of the joke, but because I can’t help but imagine him in full costume licking away at an ice cream cone.

Riddler’s cameos make me happy, even if Harley’s advice seems fairly pointless. But I suppose it’s hard to make chess sound good in writing by using any other move.

The icy sapphire orbs are pretty good too.