Reviews for By His Cockle Hat and Staff
Captain Boo Bear chapter 1 . 4/19/2013
I made a sort of delighted squeal, then choked on it. That is your judgement.
Clever Lass chapter 1 . 2/2/2012
This story has some of the loveliest, most Carrollesque dialogue I've ever seen in an AiW fic.

"I always did find you when you were too Liddell." is a delightful pun, and those lines about "I was made for you," complete with examples of his being what she needed at any given age, were absolutely beautiful. This story is short, but packs a lot of in-character romance and sweetness in it. Thank you for sharing it.
Swirling Dreams chapter 1 . 12/22/2011
That's so fascinating about the title, because it's one of the songs that Ophelia sings in Hamlet when she goes bonkers (and if you haven't read it, I mean positively loony). Which I thought was interesting.

This was wonderful. I've always shipped the Hatter and Alice, but most people say, "Ew. She's a teen and he's an old guy. He knew her as a kid." But I never thought of it the way you did (I always thought of it as a best friend they complete each other thing), I love your rendition of it, that he'll always be what she needs and she for him. That they'll fill and bend to fill the hole in the others. And yet they will always be different.

I love this one shot, in a word. It was beautifully written, I didn't find a single typo or inconsistency in tense. Just wonderful. And the writing and description was so ornate and lovely. Like it was a painting instead of a fanfiction one shot. And on top of that, you had the extra dimension of not only giving her the name of the girl she was based on (I loved the Liddell thing and loved the idea of her growing up to make hats, which would totally make sense), but the dialogue with the cockney girl gave the characters and setting a depth most people can't truly nail as you did.

Excellent, excellent work.
fanfreak4ever chapter 1 . 10/16/2011
YAYAYAYAYAY! you have absolutly no idea how happy this has made me! Im squeling my head of right about now!
Spader14 chapter 1 . 7/25/2011
I really loved this story. I've been a fan of Alice in Wonderland since I was very small, and I am very happy to have discovered this story. Thank you for writing it.
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 7/21/2011
Lovely
renata regina chapter 1 . 7/12/2011
Wasp in a Wig! I love this.

And this, especially.

i"But you, my dear, were built to stretch yourself and the world you live in."

"And you?" asked Alice.

"I was built for you," he said simply./i
Niphuria chapter 1 . 3/10/2011
I'm late, but...I LOVED this! You wrote so well and you captured all you needed to. You blended everything so nicely and I loved the puns! "I always catch you when you are too Liddel." LOL! Priceless!

But you got the slight angst, tension, and then the joy, hope, and then the laughter in, too.

I really, really admire this piece. There is something you said in here that I may want to borrow. If I want to try, I'll be sure to ask you first and credit you, of course.

But I just had to let you know how very much I enjoyed this story and how glad I am that I found it, even tho it's months after you wrote it.
wintersalad chapter 1 . 2/28/2011
how absolutely adorable!
Campy Capybara chapter 1 . 1/18/2011
Can I just say how much I *heart* this story? I love the puns and the dialogue. The entire story is perfect. :)
chocochipcookie-chan130 chapter 1 . 12/28/2010
Awwwwwww! That's such a cute story! I wish there was a man like Mad Hatter in the world. Whoever gets him is a lucky girl. Whoever gets to be his queen is a grand girl. All that and more is all Alice. But you made the world sound mad. R U implying that I'm a mad man? Well, I'm female and I am completly sane. NOT! Insanity is the best policy. As long as it isn't war. Nice fic, and if anything I said/typed is offensive: please take note that I was trying to make you feel good about your fanfiction. -

p.s. and when I sais/typed 'not' I am tottaly female. Just not sane. insane describes me more! 8D
Charlie'sDragon chapter 1 . 9/18/2010
This story was amazing- Hatter and Alice are just so perfectly in character. You write them both incredibly well.

Random thought: Luna and the Hatter would be pretty much perfect for each other. Hmmm. So yeah, lovely story.

Love from,