Reviews for Perfection
LouiseKurylo chapter 1 . 2/12
Chilling. Effective. Thanks for writing it.
Thredbo chapter 1 . 8/6/2010
I likt that you told it from Red John's point of view. Qquite the sophisticated philosopher is your Red John, not nearly as psychopathically crazy as I thought Red John might be. I like how you've structured it nice and logically like an essay or a thesis, albeit a short essay.
Alamo Girl chapter 1 . 8/5/2010
Oh I love that you wrote from RJ's voice! Very nice. And this whole scenario about Lisbon being his link and only reminder of present and future needs to be sent to Heller as a reminder of what the viewers watch this show for. Really. Sometimes, I think he forgets.

Love it!
LittleMender chapter 1 . 8/3/2010
I prefer a happy ending, but . . WOW . . I did NOT see that coming. Great short!
Jisbon4ever chapter 1 . 8/3/2010
Who was that mean person speaking? Was it RJ? Poor Jane, everything you described here about him seems so true. he does live on his past, bu I do believe that Lisbon is changing him without him realizing it, yet.

Thanks for posting, very good.
Frogster chapter 1 . 8/3/2010
Oh, goodness, that was very eerie! Couldn't have told you who the narrator was at the first part-I would have said it was the whole third-person-omniscient narrator thing you learn in school-but then one line changed that whole stance:

Of course, the moment he recognizes the significance of that link I'll have to remove it.

I think one of the marks of a good writer is being able to keep the reader in suspense so that they don't have much of a clue as to who did what (as far as mysteries/crime/drama go, anyway) until the actual whodunit is revealed. I think you've hit it on the head with this fic. So much was changed by that one line-you might say it's the hinge that the whole story swings on.

Part of RJ's problem is that he's so cocky. He thinks he can accomplish anything. One day something will come and trip him up and he won't be able to get out. And hopefully at the end he'll be staring down the barrel of Teresa Lisbon's gun or being wired to an electric chair. Because the right always wins, in the end.

And yes, this fic definitely is a top contender for the shortest fic you've ever written. (Is this a top contender for the longest review I've ever written?)

I think it's so great what some writers can do with short sentences. :D

Write more soon!