Reviews for What's Owed
whitehound chapter 23 . 10/18
The Creeveys certainly are squealers...
whitehound chapter 21 . 10/18
Good story, but the bit about Snape's defection is a bit out of sequence. Snape defected after Harry's birth and at a time when the leaves were already off the trees, which doesn't happen until mid to late November here, so he must have defected during winter 1980/81, about ten months before the Potters died. This ties in with the fact that JK said the Potters already knew they might have to go into hiding at the time of Harry's christening, and with the fact that Lily's letter, written soon after Harry's first birthday so in August 1981, two and a half months before her death, refers to them having already been in hiding long enough for James to get fed up with it. Snape - already having been Dumbledore's spy for several months - was hired to teach in September 1981, and then he must have got information during October 1981 that Voldemort was about to strike, so the Potters went under Fidelius.
whitehound chapter 17 . 10/18
This is an inter3esting story, and despite the concern you expressed earlier, most of the Britpicks in it are tiny - transposing "will" and "shall" relative to the way we use them in the UK; calling a bedside table a nightstand; and washing up here is something you do to plates. But the mention of emancipation is a big one, because it doesn't exist here and it's very unlikely Harry would have heard of it - I didn't come across it until I read about it in a fanfic when I was in my late forties. Children (of any age) who need to divorce their parents here are made Wards of Court, which means that the state becomes their parent, and in any case they are free to leave home at sixteen unless they get into very bad company (become a prostitute or an addict), in which case they'll be put into a children's home until they are seventeen. In Scotland you can also marry without parental consent at sixteen, although in England and Wales you need parental consent until you're eighteen. It used to be the case that you couldn't become an MP or council member, drive a heavy goods vehicle or own a business which sells alcohol until you were twenty-one, but the first three have all been lowered to eighteen now.
Sentimentalstories chapter 19 . 10/14
Honestly, i'm kind of confused... IS this a snarry fic? Because when these other pairings showed up, I skipped to the last chapter and didn't see any snarry in it, rather one a bit disturbing word starting with "D"... Your writing style is what keeps me reading, hopefully this wil answer my expectations! (Because it is well written and angsty 3)
duchessme chapter 33 . 8/30
it was an amazng story..
Such heartbreaking scenes that made me cry
oh,sweet!fang's alive
love the endng
Doublesims chapter 33 . 7/9
I got to the end and that's when I finally cried. This story had me hooked from the beginning till end.
Never Morrison chapter 25 . 2/24
. Again with the tearjerker ending?
Never Morrison chapter 24 . 2/24
Yar! p.q Y'know, it was a close call a few times, but these last two chapters have had me truly cranking out the tears! So bittersweet it almost burns the tongue. -sniffle- Absolutely amazing thus far, and now I'm eagerly moving on to the next chapter.
He will knock four times chapter 28 . 10/14/2014
... Hahahaha! Omg! I feel like "flight of the Valkyries" should have played when Hedwig and the other owls started going of of the owlery for war.
He will knock four times chapter 20 . 10/12/2014
... Ok, that's new. Never seen a fanfiction where they killed off Hagrids before.

*continues reading*

Pretty much what we expected Harry's reaction to be but worse. So how long before they make up and get back together?
Moonsoulx3 chapter 32 . 9/26/2014
I enjoyed the story so much and I just wish that it would never end and I hope hope that you're planning to write more it was beautifully written and I love the characters and I love what you did with them and this was just wonderful
Guest chapter 33 . 8/6/2014
The 'brother-Draco' stuff always turns me off. Its well written, but it just felt like Harry was thrust to the side more and more once Draco showed up.
SciFiLvr13 chapter 33 . 6/3/2014
Thisnis the first fic I've read where Ron was paired with Draco. I like a change of pace. Harry with Hermione was great too. Great story.
hpfanficfanpollmod chapter 1 . 4/26/2014
Dear ruth7019,

I am writing to inform you that you've been nominated for the following category for the Spring-Summer 2014 Round of The HP Fanfic Fan Poll Awards (hpfanficfanpoll . livejournal . com):

SHIP: SNARRY (Snape/Harry)

You need not take any other action at this time, unless you would like to reject the nomination. In that case, please contact us and we'll remove the nomination and contact the person who nominated you to let them know your decision.

We have an "I've been nominated" banner on our website for you to post on your blogs/Tumblr/Twitter/Facebook pages right now, if you wish. The banner can be found here: hpfanficfanpoll . livejournal 23681 . html#cutid2

The nominations period ends on May 15, 2014.

The voting period will commence on May 19, 2014 and close on July 20, 2014 (that gives two full months to read and consider the nominated fics).

Our awards ceremony is open to the public to vote, and we encourage you to ask your friends/family to participate. We will tally up all votes and announce winners on or before July 31, 2014. Please check back then to see if your stories placed, or add us as a FRIEND on Livejournal so you can get emails when that list is broadcast on our blog. Banners for your nominations/placements will be available at that time, too.

Congratulations on your nomination!

Melissa, The HP Fanfic Fan Poll Awards Moderator
DesirePassion chapter 19 . 4/21/2014

Okay now this chapter is awesome (well I haven't finished it yet). Showing students intimidated by Snape not the other way around. XD Haha that dude wet himself! Now back to reading...