Reviews for What Lightning Is
Boltfromtheblue201 chapter 1 . 9/2/2014
I have not been around for very long, but every time I notice this one-shot being recommended in a "must read" list or in a forum, I always give it another read. I must have read it at least a dozen times as a result, so I believe that this fic deserves whatever recommendation it gets.

I generally brush aside same-sex pairings in stories, but this fic is one that gets me flustered every time. I don't really know why, it just does.

You wrote both characters consistently, with Manjoume's thoughts reflecting his envy of Fubuki, and Fubuki's dialogue being spot on in how he finds everything beautiful in some way, without coming off as too "fluffy".

Coming into this fic for the first time I thought would a Majoume/Fubuki pairing was incompatible, but this one-shot shows that such a pairing can be done and done well. The two characters have chinks in their personalities that allow this pairing to "click", and each interaction furthers their relationship while still remaining true to their personas, and in a way that I have not seen duplicated.

My only gripe is toward the end, where I find that Fubuki advances too early, though he certainly finds a way to make his significant other feel his presence. Then again, the ambiguousness of the pair's stage in a relationship leaves me guessing and taking their interactions in many different ways.

Since I keep coming back to this fic whenever I see it, I can safely say that this one-shot offers a completely unique look into this pairing and should be a fic that I won't soon forget.

Whether or not you actually remember writing this fic, I applaud you for this piece of work and I wish you the best on any other works you create.
Satari-Raine chapter 1 . 8/10/2011
Very cute. One of my favorite Manjyome/Fubuki fics. I love your portrayal of Fubuki, it's a real treat, as well as Manjyome. Great work. *faves*
Ash chapter 1 . 6/5/2011
Very cute, shocking like lighting, if I'd say so.

I enjoy this pairing, and the way you describe Fubuki and Chazz is very entertaining.

Nice fic. :3

-Ash.
harinezumiko chapter 1 . 2/18/2011
...yeah, I now love this pair. XD
Feyren chapter 1 . 8/6/2010
It's /adorable/.

It seemed short when I first opened it, and I wasn't really sure where you were going with it, but the end was seriously amazing. You have to write more stories like this, legit. That part where Fubuki was talking about the earth and sky was beautifully written.

And Manjoume is so cute, haha.
TechnicolorNina chapter 1 . 8/4/2010
Your Fubuki is just a genuinely zany delight. I wish I could find more to say than that, but honestly, he's just so perfectly spot-on and totally awesome you have to love it *hearts*

My one concrit would be Fubuki's sentence "Because, we're the same way." It doesn't need a comma, because he's replying to a question with a conversational fragment. It's not a separate part of the sentence.

OUTSIDE OF THAT THOUGH this was absolutely adorable and I can think of a few authors who could take some cues from this.