Reviews for The Break in the Wall
That's the most realistic backstory reveal I've read. Of course Zuko would leave out all the important parts. Stupid Fire Nation Pride XD And the Gaang's reactions appropriately in character — Aang's horror, Sokka and Toph understanding it a little better, Katara sympathizing but not really willing to soften yet. With their different personalities and experiences, it makes more sense than one universal angered and horrified reaction to the reveal (though, that's probably how most of us did react).
It's also more realistic that they would sit and contemplate about it rather than go straight for some kind of talk therapy like so many other fics make them. Not that I don't wish them to. Sigh. The end just about broke my heart.
InsanityIsClarity chapter 1 . 4/4
WHY DOES EVERYONE ON THIS SITE END ON FREAKING CLIFFHANGERS?! Seriously! Other than that, good story.
hi chapter 1 . 12/11/2014
Toph hit it right on the nose: "Zuko doesn't talk much about personal stuff"

Poor Zuko, Toph is gonna have to go tell Ms Motherly Katara to go take care of Zuko. Sokka is never going to learn, is he?
alliprince chapter 1 . 10/17/2014
*Tries not to cry and fails horribly* That was so Buet-i-fu-u-ul! DX Poor Zuko!
Kat8615 chapter 1 . 7/17/2014
My poor Zuzu... *sob*
Ruby of Raven chapter 1 . 6/7/2014
DX A! I'm tearing up...! Or gosh... I've read this sort of story on fanfiction multiple times were they all learn the truth about Zuko's scar, it always makes me tear up and you did a wonderful job with it. :)
RakshaDaemon chapter 1 . 5/9/2014
I imagine when he told that particular story, he'd leave as many "pity inducing" details out, he is very proud after all... very in character fic.
too-much-inspiration chapter 1 . 1/20/2014
I always thought it was a bit strange that they never really show this sort of scene in the canon. Thank you for posting your thoughts on it.
A chance to fly chapter 1 . 12/15/2013
Poor Zuko...First having to tell the story (well, sort of) and then a nightmare...:(
This was really good, it could have been a part of the official series! :)
Actual.Loki chapter 1 . 1/15/2013
Aw that was sad! Very strong. Good job!
Automail-gHost chapter 1 . 9/1/2012
will u write a sequal? ow pweezes.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
Aww, Zuko is so complicated and sad, I just wanna hug the poor guy.
roxashasboxers chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
This is probably the most in character telling of Zuko's scar I've come across. I really like that Toph had to persuade/force him into telling the others, and the way he kept his explanation vague. It's what I would expect from him, rather than the full confession/group-therapy thing that most fics include.

I also like that Katara left, because it seems like something she would do. Her pride just wouldn't allow her to admit she was wrong to the others, but her compassionate nature would mean she felt guilty, and so I find it fitting that she would need some time alone. The parallel with both her and Zuko leaving so abruptly was a nice touch as well.

Basically, you did a brilliant job with characterization and that's always awesome :)
Lolcano chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
aawwww... so cute! good work! :)
jessica-semnadaprafaze123 chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
oh sweetie, this's beautiful.