Reviews for Lee Chaolan the Comedian
RenatoDias chapter 1 . 3/2/2012
Man, I can't stop laughing, it's so funny. Good story, good light humor.
Sub-Pion chapter 1 . 2/5/2012
Hahaha! Fun- to the- NY! I love the story, and your version of the characters ( Jin couldve talked more though) But still wicked! Any-who, If I may ask, Who was the 'Blounde kid'? Im just super curious. Hope theres a sequel,:)

- Emilie
wind scarlett chapter 1 . 12/17/2011
this is what I always imagine about Lee. He and his cruel jokes about Mishima. How satire. :D
Getemono chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
I don't know what you're talking about, this was hilarious! I love how all of the characters were so in-character, it made the read even more enjoyable! I was laughing through almost all of it, I could picture it so clearly. Definitely deserves more attention.
Deacol chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
Hahaha, nice fic man. It is funny! I was a little bit wary, wondering if this was going to be some lame humor fic but, no I actually laughed out loud through some parts and I think you wrote Lee very well. I reckon he's the type of guy to do that xDD Gotta love Lee~~ Anyways, enjoyed the whole thing, I was either smiling or laughing, great fic!
Salysha chapter 1 . 8/5/2010
I really liked the positive energy in this fic. Quips were traded back and forth, but there wasn't slapstick violence or crudity, which renders so many fics unreadable. On the contrary: Lee was on top of his game the whole time, everyone got screen time, and the humor carried well. Lee Chaolan, as a character, has a lot of humor, so his being the instigator was really just the icing on the cake and making welcome use of untapped potential. I really thought this was a boost to the mood and an entertaining take!

There were some parts seemed slightly off. The list isn't long, though. Lee dismissing Lars so easily sounded unconvincing, as they have been shown to get along. Lars isn't really 'kid' age, either. It's okay if you just wanted to include everyone whose name is Mishima. Or Kazama. Or Lee. You catch the drift. ;)

This I didn't get: "Jinpachi practically shouts an eh what was that?" I'm not sure who was doing what and why. Too many people quoted within the same paragraph? Note also "your hair" and "its way" and "compliment" (not *you're hair, it's way, complement).

Otherwise, fluent work! I liked Jin's portrayal the best, precisely because he did nothing at all, just sat down fuming. This exchange was great:

"In another life you would have made an excellent comedian."

"Oh thanks," I said lightly. "And you a fighter. Or father, maybe both even." -Ouch. Suddenly, the fic took a turn for the serious. It was a kick-in-the-teeth moment, and something that could have been used in a drama fic.

I liked the fic from the author's notes and the first sentence to the end ("I am that attractive in real life"); this was a fic well done and wrapped in a neat package with a bow on top. Delightful!