Reviews for Lines
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
Wow. Never thought of it like that, but it does make sense.
riverrat chapter 1 . 11/5/2012
Interesting thought.
kec34 chapter 1 . 8/30/2011
I really like this concept! It makes sense that the two would find it almost comforting to fall back on an old rivalry in order to feel like their old selves, and that perhaps the two know that nothing either of them is willing to say can actually hurt the other.
Jemennuie chapter 1 . 7/29/2011
Another creative one-shot. I can imagine adult Sirius living for spats like that with Snape, given how boring his existence would be otherwise, and both Lupin and Molly, and Sirius's perspectives on them, seem really in character.
snarky Beth chapter 1 . 1/11/2011
Great one-shot :) I really liked it, puts their constant bickering into an interesting light...
TayaCurragh chapter 1 . 9/23/2010
This is really good :) I liked this bit: 'They argue because to not argue would be to concede that they have changed since they were fifteen, and neither for the better.' It's really interesting :)
Ieyre chapter 1 . 9/13/2010
Love it. I think this sums up their relationship totally and succinctly-well done.
duj chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
Thought-provoking idea. I don't agree with it entirely, because crossing lines is what Sirius lives for. He's always the one to start hostilities and to escalate them. He knows Snape is more of a rule-follower though, so he knows it's safe to do so, and he gets the fun of attacking "Snivellus" without the danger of hearing truths too painful to face.
whitehound chapter 1 . 8/29/2010
Well - Sirius crosses those lines by questioning Snape's loyalty to the Order when they argue over the Occlumency lessons, but it does read as though that may be the first time he has done so, and that they may have kept their mutual needling within bounds up to that point, yes. In fact until Sirius trangresses by questioning Snape's loyalty and calling him Lucius's lapdog, Snape's needling isn't even insulting as such - it's all in the tone of voice.
jo chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
:) pleasant, me likey!
herigirl chapter 1 . 8/12/2010
Bravo! I do like it.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 8/4/2010
Since when is Snape protected by any 'lines'? Sirius Black tried to kill him in fifth year, and once again in PoA (dragging a concussed man along a wall with 'accidental' bumps could easily have killed Snape). Plus, Sirius Black followed James Potter in hating Snape much earlier than fifth year.

And Snape doesn't stay that long at Grimmauld Place-he has classes to teach, essay to grade, potions to brew, and Slytherins to keep watch over, and Harry's life to save. Sirius is not the center of his life the way that Snape is the center of Sirius Black's.

But for Sirius Black, it's far more important to focus on the Evils of Snape than to realize anything he ever did wrong.