Reviews for Red and Blue
OrangeSunset1701 chapter 4 . 12/30/2014
Great job on this!
Kai-Alaric chapter 1 . 6/22/2013
I never actually wondered how LeBeau and Newkirk became friends until I found your fic. And then I wondered why I never wondered that.
Anyway, I absolutely loved reading this! You kept everyone so in character, it was like reading an actual episode.
EveningInHornersCorners chapter 2 . 6/20/2013
"Impossible; no one ever escapes from Stalag 13—not even a rat!"

The perfect "Hogan's Heroes" line...
EveningInHornersCorners chapter 1 . 6/20/2013
"Never mind about me things; I can replace those. I can't replace you."

I just love that line-give me any story with an older brother as good as that, and I'm in Heaven.
Atarah Derek chapter 4 . 5/28/2013
This was a great read. LeBeau and Newkirk are two of my favorite Hogan's Heroes characters, and I've always found their friendship more interesting than Newkirk and Carter's (although I love the dynamic that they have as well). It's good to see a story exploring how patriots from two countries that hold an age-old rivalry learned to be friends.
snooky chapter 4 . 3/18/2011
Catching up on my reading here...This was a beautiful story and well-worthy of the PBA nomination. loved the mushroom references. And being of English blood (my Dad) I have a soft spot for Newkirk.
Kirarakim chapter 4 . 8/25/2010
That last line is great. It ends the story perfectly showing there is much more in store for these two.
Marie1964 chapter 4 . 8/24/2010
I truly enjoyed this chapter. I was wondering how they were going to be caught, and it would make sense that LeBeau would be done in by his claustrophobia. Glad to see that both the journey and the two weeks in the cooler led to them becoming friends.
Sierra Sutherwinds chapter 4 . 8/24/2010
Great ending. It shows how solid their friendship was after a rough start. They communicate very well and watch each other's back. The ending is better because it's just the beginning of their adventures with Hogan.

I like your story very much. Everybody was on the spot and the situations created the necessary suspense to make the story interesting.

Thank you for sharing this with us :)
Bits And Pieces chapter 4 . 8/24/2010
Well done! I could see this happening. I loved LeBeau's reasons for why he decided to help Newkirk. Poor LeBeau; though, to be caught like that because of something he can't control. And I think Newkirk getting caught wasn't all just chance. I especially enjoyed the epilogue, and seeing how their friendship blossomed. And the last line was so true!

Excellent job! I really enjoyed this. Thanks so much for sharing it with us!
Deana chapter 4 . 8/24/2010
What an excelent chapter, and perfect ending! This entire story makes perfect sense on their relationship at the beginning of it all! Great job! :)
Bits And Pieces chapter 3 . 8/21/2010
I see the site is hiccuping again; took me a few tries to pull up this chapter. Glad I was finally able to, though. I thought Newkirk and LeBeau's escape was very realistic; I could see it playing out exactly as you described it. Their uneasy truce continues, although Newkirk doesn't seem too happy about it. :) Looking forward to your next update; I'm very curious to see what happens to them, and how far they get.
Marie1964 chapter 3 . 8/20/2010
Really enjoyed this line- "He would not notice an escape if we ran by him blowing trumpets and waving flags as we did gymnastics over the wire."

I loved the thoughts that Newkirk had as he thought about LeBeau. You can tell that he's beginning to care about him. Hopefully during their travels, their friendship will really begin to show itself.
Kirarakim chapter 3 . 8/20/2010
Hmm I think both Newkirk and Lebeau are underestimating each other. Will be interesting to see how they end up back in Stalag 13.

I liked Lebeau saving Newkirk and Newkirk battling with his inner thoughts on whether he will leave Lebeau behind or not. Of course I am pretty sure he won't. I am enjoying this story very much! :)
Sierra Sutherwinds chapter 3 . 8/20/2010
What an odd couple. They're going to need more than their own personal cravings for freedom to stay out of trouble. I hope that they find the way to put differences aside and work the plan together before something gets really wrong.