Reviews for Death Is Not A Parallel Move
reiaieva chapter 1 . 4/5/2012
Hi,I'm reiai frm China,and i'm a really big fun of Inception,especially Robert and Eames!

i'm so in luv with ur fic here and wondering whether i can translate it into Chinese to share with my friends or not.I can guarantee that ur rights will be reserved i'll give u the link of the translation after ur permission.

Looking forward to ur reply~

veerserif chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
Wow. WOW.

This is... I think one thing that the movie only really touches on is the aftermath of the Inception, not for the team, but for Robert. On the one hand they've got a job; on the other, they've completely ruined a man's life and destroyed one of his few personal relationships.

The fact that his dreams are essentially the kicks just add to the poignancy of this piece, because let's face it, you get out of a dream by committing suicide. To get out of multiple dreams, you commit suicide multiple times in a row - and the impact of this on Fischer's mind is so painfully apparent here.

I love your style of writing, especially how it appeals to your senses. The dialogue with Browning hits me so hard, like a sledgehammer to the gut.

tl;dr Write more stories. You have amazing talent. (Next time write something happy and fluffy and funny OKAY?)
hjfdkg chapter 1 . 9/3/2010
You did such an amazing job with this, I don't even know where to really begin.

I love your narrative style, and how it's so close to the style of the movie; you can never really tell what's real and what's a dream because they flow together so smoothly. I also like what you've done with Fischer concerning the dreams and how you show that, after the inception, something in his subconscious must have been screwed up.

The bit with Eames at the end was perfect, a nice little touch of regret as to what the actual act of incpetion must have done to him. It was grey and realistic and still an incredible piece of work. I love this and I look forward to more amazing fics from you in the future!
Toni America chapter 1 . 8/29/2010
Wow. You should write a story about the two... This was good... I almost cried! lol. Awesome write!
AmberTiger'sEye chapter 1 . 8/29/2010
This exploration of life after inception is It's so hauntingly beautiful and real and just everything. It makes you realize that for all of the success of the inception team, there was still a human being with real feelings and thoughts and emotions involved on the other side, and now he has to deal with the repercussions of what happened. The end just broke me. It was painful to watch as Robert realized that the one thing he had sort of turned into a fantasy wasn't a fantasy at all.

I sincerely hope that you continue to write this fandom, because this was honestly amazing.
Lauralot chapter 1 . 8/20/2010
This is one of my absolute favorite kink meme fills. I don't know why I never commented on it on Livejournal. It's haunting and beautiful and so horribly sad. I love it.
Pianohands chapter 1 . 8/19/2010
Your attention to detail (especially about death) is really something.

The sad part is that you can really see this happening...especially with your writing style, you can't help but visualize all this.

Like others before me, you do deserve more reviews than this.

Your writing style is excellent. You definitely planned this out.

Well done, hope to see more from you!
The Illegible chapter 1 . 8/15/2010
This is gorgeously written. The imagery is so vivid, the word choice exquisite, the characterization spectacular...and it made me SO. SAD.

Seriously, I'm shocked I didn't cry. XD Incredible job!
Senaki Mira chapter 1 . 8/15/2010
...Fischer? D:

Anyway, wow. Just, wow. (Why aren't there more reviews?)
SnowSybaris chapter 1 . 8/6/2010
Holy fucking christ, no one reviewed this?

First of all, it's a bloody fantastic fic, I'm sure the kinkmeme (Of course I write there, too) offered you several firstborns for this thing.

This. This. "He laughs, feeling the bones in his skull grate together." I mean... wow. Fuck. It's makes you go a) OMG, that must be one pain of a laugh, b) he's dying ,he's really dying, c) realize what KIND of laugh it must be, all blood burbling from lips and vibrations going through cracked bone, very, something. Wow. That was awesome. I just saw that sentence, went on, backpedaled, and said WHOA.

And the mercy kill at the end? My head just hit the pillow and I stared off into nowhere for a couple of seconds.

This is... fantastic.

' snapped femurs being forced upwards into his torso by his own body weight,'

You really know your description.

And, and, and, Eames appearing at the end, meant that he'd been following him around, or that he was a hallucination, and both offer really painful conclusions for a few reasons. Wow.

Fabulous work.