Reviews for morituri te salutant
LilacSoul chapter 2 . 10/1/2013
*bows and shows complete reverence*
bellestone chapter 2 . 3/29/2013
That was one hell of an ending!
Amazing.
hudgens77 chapter 2 . 10/27/2012
I like how you've mixed the story of the troll and Sebastian and Ciel's. I love how you described everything! I liked both drabbles, but the second one was my favorite. The cat one was sweet, though. I love this!:)
BlueMoon chapter 2 . 9/24/2011
*blinks* Wow. This, along with your all other work, is... excellent? delicious? dark? flowing? twisted? beautiful? All that and everything else I fail at putting into words. I love how your fantastic word choice; special dark, twisting writing style; incorporation of the little tale; and depiction of Ciel and Sebastian's balance of control all meshes together into this... work of art.

Anyway, I echo the sentiments of the reviewer below me, who summed everything up nicely. Pat yourself on the back; I hope you realize what an insanely gifted writer you are. *rays of jealosy*

Update soon...?
Maiden of the Moon chapter 2 . 1/3/2011
So, uh, WHY EXACTLY IS THIS NOT UP ON LJ? I so rarely think to look for things on ; what would I have done if I'd have missed this piece entirely? Besides cry, I mean.

Phenomenal work, as usual. Do I even need to tell you now how jealous I am of your style? It's so effortlessly beautiful, dark and dangerous and winding, in a way; it so wonderfully reflects Ciel's mind, what with all the raw power of fantastic word choice on the surface but beneath... beneath, there's the vulnerability of emotions and love and softer things that your descriptions help create, and it's all so lovely it makes me tear up when reading it.

And this story. UNF. I admit, I've gotten used to "rooks and romanticide," now, and the thought of the Contract coming back into play saddened me a little... but that sadness was worth it, so worth it, for what we got in exchange. I think it can all be summed up, really, by that last line. Or, at least, that’s where it really felt like I’d been punched in the stomach, because it’s so very TRUE. “Safety, and trust, and control, and all it took was to sell his dignity away with his soul.” I think it’s the reminder that Ciel is just a little boy, for all that he’s been through; he only wants the comforts that a child should (but so often is not) given. Safety, trust, control… or at least a healthy environment, and that is what Sebastian provides. On the surface, at least. And it’s heartbreaking what Ciel had to do in order to purchase that service. (Speaking of, oh my gosh, SO in love with the idea of Ciel offering himself up to Sebastian right there on the altar. There’s a Pink Kitten doujinshi that suggests that, too, and your mention of it here made me think of it.)

…I need to learn to stop rambling.

But I do have one more thing to say, in regards to the story with the troll that you wove in there. I knew it was going to end badly from “If I give you something else to eat and you like it more, you can't eat me. You have to let me pass.” After all, how is the troll to know he wouldn’t like the boy better if he doesn’t eat the boy, too? All in all, it was a telling little fairytale (as fairytales often are), and I was amused by its inclusion… though at the same time, I feel as if the story wouldn’t have lost much if it had been left out. (That’s not a critique, though. Just sort of a thought…? I dunno. XD; )

In short, this was a wonderful surprise to find today! A lovely little reward for myself after finishing up some chores. Thank you, as always! I greatly look forward to your next update.
TotallyCaptivated chapter 2 . 12/19/2010
I am simply at a lose for words. This was beautiful! ):'D
Gingerbread Owl chapter 1 . 10/9/2010
That was both beautiful and eerie, I loved it.
SablierXIII chapter 1 . 8/8/2010
Lovely writing style :)

I'll be eagerly waiting for the next chapter!

Update soon s'il vous plait~
Dess chapter 1 . 8/7/2010
Such a good story. Very well written and the characters are in character throughout the story. Amazing, and cannot wait for more.