Reviews for Fortunate Son
pandi19 chapter 1 . 7/21/2012
Oh, Gaelic, I love your stories. :)

I like in your a/n you said that you were smitten with White Collar...I feel the same exact way.

Sometimes it's nice to see a story that doesn't go detail by detail on how the characters got into their situation - all that mattered was that Neal and Peter were stuck. And for the things Neal said, he would have to have his shield down. Even though it's AU now, it's brilliant and so in-character. :)

I love the Vegas part!

Thank you so much of sharing this! I'm happy I fell in love with White Collar so I could read it!
SimplyOut chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
Apparently the new FF hates me and keep logging me out. That last review was from me ;)
Lots of luv,
Guest chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
So I don't know if you remember me but I was a big fan of your Supernatural fics and I specifically remember when you posted this fic and I haven't started watching WC yet and I was thinking whyyyy are you in another fandom when you can write awesome SPN fics, but then I discovered Matt Bomer and with that, White Collar and my life is not the same anymore! LOL!
Anyway when I rediscovered this fic of yours I was ecstatic and it really lived up to my expectations :D Awesome job! I'd love for you to write more WC fics ;)
Zemby chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
I loved this story so much. Really, you did such an amazing job on the characters: their dialogue, thoughts, actions, it all felt real and believable. And the descriptions and way you write are great.

So glad I read the story, thanks for writing. :)
L8E IN TIME chapter 1 . 2/3/2012
You know this is like the 12th time I've read this right? I love it so much, I always have to come back to it. It really is an amazing story from an amazing writer! So I guess I'll be back to read this for the 13th time real soon!
CD1996 chapter 1 . 1/28/2012
This was fantastic - utterly fantastic! Full of uber-angst and so much of the 'h' I yearn for in a good fic...but I will say I was sad about no follow-up 'c'. I'm shameless, yes. But that's probably the most critical thing I can give you about this piece.

Your style is realistic and the characterizations were well-depicted, and true, to my own mental images of them. The dialogue was very natural. I appreciated your POV marks, so the piece flowed well even as they changed - I knew where the changes were coming from and I completely appreciated getting the scene from BOTH sides. For a one-shot, you know how to set up a scenario and play it out - this was powerful. There were so many details and plot pieces woven in there quite masterfully. I'd love to see more.

Pretty please write some more for this genre? I am new to it, too, within the past couple of weeks. I'll admit it has completely eaten my brain and I can't get enough. But we NEED more pieces like this to explore uncharted plot devices and tie up loose ends. It *is* what fic is for.

Loved it!
Slinky-and-the-BloodyWands chapter 1 . 1/26/2012
Such a wonderful story! A great in-detail look at these two characters. Very well done.
Sparrow49 chapter 1 . 1/13/2012
Beautiful. Great story, and wonderful character insights. So glad to have read this!
Libbydibbs chapter 1 . 1/9/2012
dear you,

you are super awesome. I read this story and promptly favorited it because it's so great quite a while ago, and I just came back to it because I was having trouble finding new fanfiction as awesomely written as this, and if I had known you were also a supernatural writer before, I would have given you a giant hug, so here you go. *virtual hug*. I don't know why you're so cool and all your fanfiction is super brilliant, but it is, so yeah. sorry if I already reviewed this. also, I feel like this whole review is me blabbering stupidly, so here's some actual comments. I'm a sucker for neal (and other) whumpage, but oftentimes am dissatisfied because it's unrealistic, too sappy, not sappy enough, or seems like it's been written by an over-eager five-year-old with a VERY basic grasp of style and/or grammar. Yours is none of these. I love the character development and think that you captured Neal and Peter's relationship quite well. And it's realistic, which makes it all the more squee-able.

your over-hyperactive enthusiastic fan,

ps: I love you
Jordan-Daniel chapter 1 . 11/27/2011
Great story - thanks for sharing!
ferryboat George chapter 1 . 11/8/2011
I really shouldn't have read this before I'd seen more than the first episode, but I couldn't wait to read something. Despite the spoilers, which you'd warned about, I loved this story. It just makes me want to watch the show even more. I've also stayed up later than I should and am too tired to make really good comments, so you'll have to settle for 'it was an outstanding story'. I'll have to read your Supernatural stuff if I ever get around to watching the show.
Kelcor chapter 1 . 8/16/2011
Hello, Stranger! I am a new White Collar fan - literally started watching a week or so ago! - and as soon as I saw that one of my favourite SN writers had written a WC fic, I just HAD to read it! And I was not disappointed. In fact, I started reading it when I was tired and KEPT reading well after my 'tired' had transformed into 'utterly exhausted'! I just couldn't put it down, so to speak! LoL Great job! Love the H/C at the end! Classic GaelicSpirit! :o)

Neal Fan chapter 1 . 7/11/2011
Amazing! I was lost in this story! I didn't want it to end! I think that this would be a good episode to learn a litle more about Neal and even Peter! You are very talented and very creative! Keep on writing!
Zinfer chapter 1 . 7/11/2011
Awesome :). I don't watch much white collar, but I do like Neal and peters relationship and u really did a great job in portraying it and adding some depth to the characters that the show sometimes can't include
splashes-of-silver chapter 1 . 7/8/2011
Truly amazing.

This story had astounding detail. Combined with the interesting and deep questions they asked, it's one heck of a read :)

Great job! Really, really well written!

133 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »