Reviews for Absolute
purpledragon6 chapter 4 . 6/11/2011
Awesome ch.
keep-me-posted chapter 5 . 11/29/2010
Hello! Just finished reading your story and it's amazing! I'm gonna try my best to give a good review to each chapter. :D

Chapter 1: When I found this story I knew I had to read it. I've recently found out I actually enjoy reading "What if" stories, especially one's that take place during TS3 when Buzz is in demo mode.

I think the idea of Jessie getting put in the Box instead of Mr. Potatohead is a great idea - very clever. She's my favorite character, so I guess that sounds weird, liking the idea of that happening to her, lol.

But it makes it that much more intense, as she's claustrophobic. If Lotso actually knew about her fear of dark, enclosed places, this actually might have happened in the real movie.

Chapter 2: I smiled when Mr. Potatohead insisted he take Jessie's place in the box. You see so much of his sarcasm most of the time, you forget he can really be such a "sweet potato". :P

Also, I'll admit it - I really can't stand Mrs. Potatohead sometimes. Her voice is unnerving, lol. But I do like her in fanfics. I like how close her and Jessie are in them. How she's almost like a motherly figure towards the cowgirl.

I really feel for Buzz in this chapter. He's pretty much like an amnesiac but it's like worse, 'cuz it's not like he doesn't know who he is...well, at first, anyway. He's so sure he's Buzz Lightyear of Star Command, and then there's these toys [his "prisoners"] that are telling him otherwise.

But it's Jessie, the one toy that's not even there, that convinces him. Mrs. Potatohead's line pretty much summed it up: "I always hoped your love for her would be absolute, no matter what happened." Love that line. :]

Chapter 3: Probably my favorite chapter. Not really sure why. I think maybe it's because of the battle Buzz seems to have over his head and heart here. The doubt he's feeling over saving Jessie to the guilt he's feeling for sending her there in the first place.

And I must have smiled a mile wide when I say Buzz stutter! And when he blushed! XD I knew the real Buzz was in there somewhere! :P Also, you completely caught me off-guard with Jessie's last line here. I guess I should have seem it coming, assumed she'd be upset with him, but I didn't, lol.

Chapter 4: A fun chapter. I mean, not really fun [at first, anyway], but fun as in interesting. Different. The only time you really get to see Jessie angry is when she's fighting with Woody, so seeing her mad at Buzz, even deluded one, is interesting. Also, seeing Buzz, unsure of himself and obviously completely miserable is surprising, as well.

And I about squealed for joy when they kissed. :D I really was not expecting that, so when it came I was overjoyed. But then stupid Lotso has to ruin it. *Throws him into a wood chipper* Ahem.. :P

Chapter 5: Well, it seems Lotso survived my wood chipping skills. I about choked when I realized he reset him again! Is that his answer to everything? It also really shows a lot about Buzz. How he can easily be switched back time and time again shows he's actually just as fragile as any other toy, in a way.

Though he is strong enough to overpower it, as we see near the end of this story where, as Jessie described it, a quick flicker shines through his eyes when he looks at Jessie. I love that. I love that no matter what Lotso does to him, Buzz will always be Buzz. Jessie can breakthrough any of the evil bears plans just by simply looking at the space ranger.

Sorta a love concures all kinda thing, which makes me smile a lot, as you mostly just see that kinda thing in princess movies, lol.

Also, getting this story to end and still have the movie pick up as if nothing had changed worked out really well. Better than most "what if" stories I read. Though, I wish it could continue, just a wee bit longer, lol - as I don't want it to end. :P

GREAT story! I really enjoyed reading it. I hope this review wasn't too hard to keep up with, as I have a bad habit of rambling, lol.

I was going to end this on a: "Keep on writing", but then I took a peek at your profile and saw you have plenty of stories to keep me occupied for a while, so ima check them out. :P Toodles!
masruiiiik chapter 5 . 11/1/2010
I am like in love with you... alright, that sounded weird... but I praise your awesome writing skills, imagination and just plain awesomeness.

I love[ed] this story.

Eternity
neophytepyrope chapter 1 . 9/14/2010
NOT JESSIE! WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE JESSIE?

lol sorry for that but jessie is awesome and my fav charecter but it does have to happen to someone doesnt it?

anyways good story so far
Zoeymcdowell chapter 5 . 9/12/2010
Absolutely lovely :)
steamboatwillie1928 chapter 5 . 8/17/2010
I freaking love this story, LOVE LOVE LOVE! It's so well written and it's just...theres no word that can acuratly describe it.
Gilbert Winchester chapter 5 . 8/17/2010
I really like this as an alternate plotline to the movie...the way you have Mrs. Potatohead written is very in-character and the way you incorporated the title into your work was amazing. I loved the characterization overall and how Buzz back talked Lotso...haha. Anyway, Great work here and I hope to see more!

-PM
Moviefan chapter 5 . 8/17/2010
Oh wow! I've been following your story and this chapter I think was by far one the best in the story!

I can't wait until you update soon! :D
Ali Camille chapter 5 . 8/17/2010
I loved it! I always thought this would be a good premise! Keep writing more Jessie/Buzz stories!
GirlNextDoor228 chapter 5 . 8/17/2010
Wow this was so good! You're such a good writer, I don't even know how to put the right words to describe this story...

It's simply amazing, the way you portrait the characters' emotions and wishes with such realism and focus. I am marveled at your writing skills :)

So, does this mean this amazing story has come to an end? Awww man...

Well if it has, let me congratulate you once more for doing an amazing job.
twitterp4ted chapter 4 . 8/16/2010
Okay, this story is unbelievably amazing.

The characters are spot on - the traits, qualities, feelings, emotions...everything is just so perfect.

You write so beautifully - every word is laced with passion.

This is wonderful. Update soon? :)
Flash Cat chapter 1 . 8/13/2010
Awesome plotline, and well written? Double win for me!
GirlNextDoor228 chapter 4 . 8/13/2010
NOOO, that stupid, pink, fluffly, strawberry-scented jerk...

*cough* sorry xD I had to let that out.

I loved this chapter a lot! It was very emotional and intense, you're doing a great job :) The connection between the name of the story and the story itself it's really well-thought of :) amazing!

Please update soon and keep up the great job!
x.SodeNoZangetsu.x chapter 4 . 8/13/2010
Uh-oh, bad news for Buzz. :O Please update again soon. :)
JaduGypsy42 chapter 4 . 8/13/2010
Nooooooooo, curse you cliffhanger! DX

Ah well. Looks like I'll have to wait for the next installment, which I am eagerly awaiting. You did a great job writing this chapter :)