Reviews for Translating Henry Higgins
TheAngelofMusic chapter 1 . 4/9
This is probably one of the best stories I've read in any fandom, and believe me I've read a lot. The way you interpret each character couldn't be more precise and heartfelt. It is a good continuation from Henry's "My own spark of divine fire!" (probably my favorite quote in the entire movie) to his "Where the Devil are my slippers?"(my other probably favorite quote). Yet, my favorite part of your story probably is the fact that those complicated paragraphs where the author is expected to tie everything together and add some reasoning to everything that's happening are executed to perfection. Those last ones beginning in: "In six months,..." till the end are really magnificent and thoughtfully written. The quote about the phoneticist and the translator was hilarious and clever. The whole way you go about the story is majestic. Still, nothing will beat those finishing paragraphs with the "I love you too".
Guest chapter 1 . 11/29/2014
Beautifully done- I feel like you've "translated" them to perfection! And your Mrs. Higgins is a great window between the two of them. ;)
charley.vandra chapter 1 . 11/30/2012
Dam,that was wonderful! Master piece of words, feelings, and emotions. I couldn't have asked for more. It was just splendid!
Guest chapter 1 . 9/3/2012
Well, I saw this movie again yesterday, and you fanfiction just fits perfectly! You've done such a great job with these two charactes.. it's absolutely perfect, It's exactly how I see their relationship..and I wish the book ended this way too!
Anyway, I'm sorry for my English - Professor Higgins wouldn't be pleased! -
Good job :)
bowlfullofcherries chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
Very sweet. Thanks for the read.
ladybrin chapter 1 . 12/9/2011
wow- you did a good job- i have always loved that movie- one of my alltime favorites- you did good with your characterizations of eliza and henry- thanks
blueEyre chapter 1 . 9/17/2011
That actually gave me a new perspective to "My Fair Lady"; that movie infuriated me the first time I watched it. Wanted to smack Henry Higgins! You've made we want to watch it again so I can reanalyze it. Very good story!
Katia11 chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
Perfection! Hilarious and sweet. Totally believable. :)
Emery Saks chapter 1 . 5/14/2011
A lovely and sweet look in to both their thoughts after that wonderful row. Thanks for sharing!
sash queen of the jungle chapter 1 . 4/11/2011
Just rewatched the film. I would like to thank you for writing and sharing. Characters are spot on. Thanks again.
SionTenoh chapter 1 . 2/20/2011
I just finished watching the film once again.

I have to tell you this story blends in with the film perfectly.

I think you did a wonderful job writing the characters.

This was definitely the cherry on top.

Thank you so very much for writing this.
Dickensian812 chapter 1 . 1/14/2011
Beautifully done! You understand the characters very well!
Saavik13 chapter 1 . 11/26/2010
quite charming
Unknown Personality chapter 1 . 11/17/2010
That was very sweet and insightful and a better closure than the actual ending was.
IrregularHonour chapter 1 . 11/16/2010
Love the romance through this. My Fair Lady was always a favourite, and I must say, you've done it justice. :)