Reviews for Falling is Like This: Part I
Shortscribbling chapter 1 . 6/22/2010
Ahaha this is brilliant I actually love this, can't wait to read the rest of it.
ZeroHope2Survive chapter 4 . 11/12/2009
Since you asked, I guess I'll try my hand at this. I'm mighty fond of maps, so I expect I have a good chance at getting this right. You said Clonmellon was around the middle of Ireland, so my guess is Ofaly or Westmeath. I think those are the middlemost counties.
TT chapter 3 . 12/30/2008
Cool story, but Gryffindors have double potions with Slytherins. No offense.
ilsa27 chapter 8 . 10/15/2007
This was very well-written. I do like that you took 'in-characterness' into account - I too, agree that Snape wouldn't willingly sleep with an 18 year old girl. Snape here behaves more like a teacher and a mature older man should - while all those schoolgirl-Professor stories can no doubt be interesting to many, it really stretches credibility.

This was really well done.
stonecoldfox chapter 8 . 1/7/2004
This was a great, well-written story. I liked that it was well-rounded, and you didn't drag it out too long. Skipping over several months was a fantastic idea. The fact that it was only eight chapters long, but the chapters were a decent size, and the story was finished satisfactorily, is a great bonus.
I totally agree with you about Snape - although I love stories with consumnation of his relationships, really I know that Snape the character, as JKR has written him, would most likely never let it happen with a student. But you handled it nicely and I was totally satisfied with the ending!
I love your stories Dahlia!
stonecoldfox chapter 3 . 1/6/2004
I like this story! I don't usually read SS/OC stories, but I like Rosaline. And of course, I love Snape. So it all works out! lol
Synchestra Duende chapter 8 . 4/22/2003
This story really developed layers as it went along. The first few chapters reminded me of "Compelling the Heat" by Auror Borealis - (which is one of my all time favorites.) So, it started off seemingly a very light and fluffy PWAB. Teen Rosaline has such infectious moxy and dares to admit aloud with a smirking smile the thoughts many of us ladies ponder in our heads "have you ever really looked at his eyes ..I wonder how they’d look mid-coitus…” My kinda gal. What fun! A few chapters in and deeper layers develop as lustful tension starts to build between them. Fortunately, you have good concise pacing and flow to the story and the angst builds yet doesn't drag endless. It's nice when an angsty romantic fic is moving towards a point, I've given up on so many that went on and on with chapters going into detail the angsty scenarios between Snape and the female lead but doesn't seem come to any cross roads. Oh, and applaud your determination to keep Snape in character. Overall, a worthwhile enjoyable read.
Katharin the Dragon chapter 8 . 11/2/2002
This is really neat. I don't usually read stories where the main character is a non-canon character, but I liked your title so I thought I'd give it a try. I was not disappointed. I thought you treated the subject realistically, but still interestingly enough to keep me reading, and Rosaline was a charming character. Thanks a lot.
Cobweb1 chapter 8 . 5/27/2002
This is definitely one of the better Snape/OC stories I've read, and I'm finding Rosaline (nice name, by the way ;) to be a most interesting character-not a Mary Sue in the least, but a well thought out personality, struggling between whims of teenaged lust and rational adult maturity. I really enjoyed her scenes with Anne: "Trust me. I have no romantic delusions about Snape. I just want to fuck his brains out." "That's the most disgusting thing I've ever heard you say."

I like that Snape recognises Rosaline's ::cough:: innocence, and that you made his character very resisting. A taunting bastard, bitter and self-loathing while at the same time very dignified (I've read too many stories where he gives in to temptation far too easily after only a chapter or so of wrestling with himself). You captured his darkness quite well, and I love that you left the ending still full of unresolved sexual tension (thick enough to swim through between those two-very nice). I also like that he was one of the people responsible for the Wolfsbane Potion; makes me wonder what else he's got up his sleeves.

And with that in mind, I'm off to read the sequel, which I'm sure I'll find just as entertaining. Wonderful stuff.
Lainey chapter 1 . 4/2/2002
Hey, nice forst chapter. I like your characters. Not a typical-boring-Mary-Sue. Congrats.
snowieaddz chapter 8 . 3/24/2002
wow.. pretty good. Will you please let me know when you start part 2?
MalfoyMistress chapter 5 . 3/16/2002
LoL, the name of the chapter is perfect...
myself the one and only chapter 6 . 3/13/2002
I think that you're doing well keeping Snape in character(that's actually all i really look for in fanfics) and it's really good (I mean it is graphic but I'm used to that)Please tell me you didn't fail your exams to write this...I would feel so guilty reading it!1
Elspeth1 chapter 1 . 3/13/2002
As Snape/student stories go, this one is definately up there on the list-I love the conversation between Anne and Rosaline in the first chapter ("please don't mention sex and Snape in the same sentence" *snicker, why not*). I especially appreciate the fact that Ros and Sev don't get physical (well, not very physical) at the end. Not only would it have been sort off OOC for Snape (I think you're right about that), it would also have been vaguely disturbing, graduation or not.
Xara chapter 8 . 3/11/2002
That was wonderful! Can't wait for the sequal.
58 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »