Reviews for Final Fantasy VI: The Sands of Time
SplittinAdam chapter 113 . 6/3/2014
Oh wow, I just realized there are 7 chapters here I haven't seen! I was about to come and give you a hard time, but apparently I'm the slacker here! Let me get caught up, and I'll post a new review. Sorry bud, I'm usually on top of this!
jdgjordan chapter 1 . 7/5/2013
This is relly good you have a real gift here cant wait to keep reading more and one thing i am hoping for even tho i know its a ways off before you even start typeing it let alone being posted is seeing how kefka became kefka tho i can only guess as if you will do that or not either way great story keep it up.
Furysetzer chapter 7 . 2/6/2013
I see how you're structuring your chapters now. No wonder you have 106 "chapters" lol. It's all good, I'm just used to having more than 1 segment. If I ever get around to rewriting my fic, I think I'll consider this approach. Anyway, about the chapter, it's noteworthy that a lightening strike usually will kill someone, especially a direct hit. A normal human would not be back on his feet in 5 days if they survived. Although the magic spell is something else entirely. So... where's the magic? Is this before the Goddesses or after? That really isn't clear. Looking forward to finding out!
Furysetzer chapter 6 . 2/4/2013
I'm glad to see that the paragraph situation was improved. It was a lot easier to read. I would have liked to see some description or back story on the base. Other than that, good chapter.
Guest chapter 5 . 2/2/2013
Great chapter here. I think I read this faster than any of the other ones so far. It has a lot of heart. In my personal opinion, Dune should find another outlet for his passion and make his wife happy. But I have been here. Not in so many words, but in my experience, women will always choose happiness and family over any other thing in life. If their man isn't there for them, they will replace them. Anyway, I would have liked to see a little more description on what Mae looks like, and why he finds her so beautiful. The best "romance" chapters have a lot of description, because as humans we tend to have a heightened sense of awareness when it comes to love.
Furysetzer chapter 4 . 1/31/2013
Nice dream sequence! I liked it. I got a definite Lord of the Rings vibe from what was going on. I find it interesting that you thought of the "dark" crystal, just like I did. ) In addition, I always thought of the dark crystals as representative of the dark elements, for me being Poison, Gravity, Atomic and Unholy in FF IV. Also, when you describe the Master of the Earth, I get the impression of a manifestation of the spirit of the world. In my story, that was Gogo. Crazy, huh? The only issue I see could be the sudden personality shift of Dune. If he is corrupted by the power, I hope that it is explained in more depth and believability.
Furysetzer chapter 3 . 1/31/2013
Of course I'll read it all! It may just take me some time, is all. D

As far as ch. 3, you have really good description of events on the first part. The only thing that got me confused was that halfway through you went into the captain's head. That really wasn't clear because you had stuck with Dune for everything up until that point. I had to reread that portion of his mind because I got done with the whole part and realized it afterward. I would also like to see him a little more gruff as far as his speach. I don't think he would say something like "although" while being a tough old sea captain. Is the object magicite, or something similar that is protean? Hmmm...
Furysetzer chapter 2 . 1/31/2013
You were right. The early chapters are indeed rough! It's all good though. A couple problems I noticed were the run on sentences, and the paragraphs are really long. You broke tense once or twice, and saying The Captain for every instance was a bit much. Otherwise, I enjoyed it. You have a good creative grasp on first hand accounts, and it leaves the reader wanting more.
Furysetzer chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
Greetings, FreeSpirit. ) It's been a long time since I saw you on the FFOnline forums. I remember you as a likeable person with an encyclopedic knowledge of FFVI. Now, since I find myself with a lot of time on my hands these days, I'd like to read/review your story and start writing mine again. I remember you posting this story on there, but I didn't know that you had transferred your chapters to here. Hopefully, I can give you some encouragement and motivation to finish this, since I find your interpretation of the game's history to be interesting and logical. I was wondering, do you find the Settei Shiryou Hen guidebook to be accurate with regards to the timeline?

As far as the chapter here, I find it a pretty good intro! Dune strikes me as a Locke archetype, no offense intended. Maybe you distinguish him differently in the story down the road. As far as the prelude goes, is it explained how Cid is able to "go farther back than anyone has before" later on? I would like to see how you do this. Til next time.
SplittinAdam chapter 106 . 1/4/2013
Loving these last two entries, and the training and knowledge obtained in them. So, we're seeing the different ways Maduin can control his magic, (and, pleasingly, his Chaos Wave summon attack.) At the moment, we're working with Blizzara, but if memory serves, Maduin's Magicite also teaches Fira and Thundara, so I'm eager to see how his knowledge and expertise of magic expands as the story unfolds.

I also have no doubt that the Lady Blunt attack on Elphis was staged by the Stradivari, as Maduin's hatred and mistrust of her is proving to be one of his greatest weaknesses - and it seems the others are using that to their advantage - at least in this case. Maduin seems determined to hate her though, and I hope it's something he learns to overcome as we progress further.

Overall, very nicely done, and as always, I'm looking forward to more!
Reasons of Heart chapter 105 . 12/22/2012
I love this.
Ipooh bears tamed by lots of honey.
I like how Maduin thoroughly thinks things through before making a decision. It's really surprising that Lady Blunt has feelings for some guy. But that alone is not a good reason for Maduin and his friends to join the Stradvari(-spelled wrong.) I'm really interested in the plans for Eliphis (probably spelled wrong again.) I'm also curious of her abilities and why only she can hear Titan speak. I keep thinking about Maduin's future marriage to that woman that will result in Terra's birth. Maybe that comes after a very long time. Your effort and time spent creating this story is evident. This is almost like an epic novel because of its great length and quality. Keep writing!
SplittinAdam chapter 104 . 12/21/2012
Very excited to see TWO new chapters up on this one! I was beginning to worry that you'd moved on to greener pastures. Nice backstory on Zwill and Ole Bull, and the intro and description of the Demon Wives really helps set the table for the upcoming challenges. It seems Maduin is starting to accept his role with the Stradivari, and isn't so... tense around them now. He even seemed to get on well with Lady Blunt in this last passage.
I like the training you're working on - getting him to control his emotions and strength, and eventually his magic. I think working with the Stradivari will do wonders for Maduin, and will really help hone him into a power-house, worthy of fighting espers, heralds, and fallen gods.
As always, excellent work - I'm looking forward to more!
SplittinAdam chapter 102 . 8/6/2012
Well, time has certainly gotten away from me recently, and I now have two splendid entries to discuss! The second of the two is really where the action happens, and we're introduced to two new Stradivari, Ole Bull and Captain Delphino (with some interesting ties to Captain Bismarck, no less!) I think I'm with Maduin on this one, I don't much like/trust Captain Delphino yet, but Ole Bull seems to be a likable character. At the very least, Dune is staying on his toes with them, and that is reassuring to me. Elphis is eminating enough of her "magical" qualities for Lady Blunt and Captain Delphino to register, and it's going to be very interesting to see where you take her in the future.
I apologize for not responding to these sooner; I will try and stay on top of this story! If you start posting again, that is...
As always, my friend, I am looking forward to more!
espritduo chapter 100 . 5/30/2012
Thanks! What do you find hard to follow about it, though, if you don't mind me asking? I'm always trying to improve my writing, and if it seems disjointed or difficult to understand at times, I'd be happy to try and fix that.
Ice Blossom chapter 100 . 5/30/2012
I thought you're story was well-written and enjoyable to read. After I'd finished the game, I'd never really thought about what Final Fantasy was like before the game. Although you're story can be hard to follow, I really thought it was interesting to wonder what mysteries lay before FF VI.
51 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »