Reviews for Do Not Pass Go: Do Not Collect 200 Dollars!
Hummingbird2 chapter 4 . 2/3/2013
"Well, look at the linguistics expert from America; where they call the true football, soccer, and where, in football, they barely touch the ball with their feet."

You know, Newkirk has a good point ;). That was really fun, thank you!
inhonoredglory chapter 4 . 6/14/2011
Ah, what a cute conclusion. I like how you went from Hogan's last talk to Schultz, then shifted over to Newkirk and Carter's point of view. So cute to see pieces of places all over the barracks. Love the return to all those Britishisms; you do a great job! What a great line by Newkirk in the end - the "sacred institution" of British English. And then them seeing Hogan behind them - priceless! Newkirk's word to Hogan sounded so much like him. The ending, I thought, was great, even though I haven't a logical clue what it means. Newkirk and Carter don't either, but all that'll be explained after this story ends, and if you included that, it'll be anti-climactic. :) I like it the way it is. The recipe was probably a special one, but Hogan just told them the ironic summary. Such a cute story, I thought. So funny!
inhonoredglory chapter 3 . 6/14/2011
Ha! Love Hogan’s “Shock wave from an explosion” joke. The bit with Schultz felt so much like an episode. I can just picture the scene with the 14 guys trailing Hogan to the rec hall and almost piling up at the end. Great material! This is so good.
inhonoredglory chapter 2 . 6/14/2011
Wow, love the historical details of the game of Monopoly - the red dots and MI-5 and metal tokens and stuff. Great info!

Haha, love love love the scene with everyone trying to get out of playing Monopoly. I think you did a great job on sliding in all those names of the other prisoners. The best way to do it is natural and without ado.

It was neat seeing an actual play-by-play of the game for a bit. So many funnies! So cute to see Lebeau happy. Poor Carter, though, and Olsen at the end, wanting to "get out of jail." Very intriguing and funny story!
inhonoredglory chapter 1 . 6/14/2011
Oh, love it! You are terribly unique and it's great! The mystery is exciting, and it screams of memories to me. When my sister and I had birthdays, we made "clue games" for each other, which is basically what is happening here. You sure have the dialogue down, and the Newkirk/Carter banter is perfect. The scene of all the game names was priceless. I like how each "translation" was done in a different way. No two alike!

This is really a fun story, and I'm enjoying it already.
Lizzi0307 chapter 4 . 8/31/2010
Hahahahaha! Brillant! I loved it! Newkirk and Carter remind me of myself and some of my friends (only we are missing the Aussie lol). I actually liked the ending. To me it seems the egg salad (while a very happy and silly ending) could me a receipe needed by another undergound member. Maybe they must cook it to gain enternce somewhere or to cook for a general or something, and then steal the info he has. I dunno. But I liked it! :D
oboe11 chapter 4 . 8/31/2010
Another funny story to lighten up our summer. I've always wanted to do a story to include the tampered with Monopoly games. Now is the egg salad recipe for Snow White to be used like the pizza parlour recipe to get info from someone? Or is it code for some high-ranked Admiral or General, since the elaborate decorations on their uniforms are commonly referred to as scrambled eggs? Hmm...only Hogan knows!
St PA chapter 4 . 8/24/2010
Are you serious or just "pulling our chain" that all the fuss was for an egg salad recipe - puuleeze (sp). I second the review that the ending didn't make sense; that it was an enjoyable story until the "ending."
Kirarakim chapter 4 . 8/23/2010
I loved Newkirk and Carter's arguments over phrases. This story was adorable.
smithcrafter chapter 4 . 8/22/2010
That ending didn't make the least bit of sense to me, and before you ask, NO, I'm NOT a Woody Allen fan! so a bit of explanation would have been nice; although, an ending that has to be explained in the first place probably still needs a little work, doesn't it? Maybe you can get some other readers to brainstorm and give you an idea for a different ending, and repost it at a later date. I know what it is to run out of ideas, that's for sure! Overall, I enjoyed the story...until the "ending". :)
Jinzle chapter 4 . 8/22/2010
This was a very nice story. It kept me giggling til the end. Reminded me of when we played monopoly as a child w/o the trash talk. Excellent piece!
konarciq chapter 4 . 8/22/2010
Ha ha ha ha! Egg salad! That was hilarious! Some sort of code for something else, I suppose?

I loved the story, really good. Well done!
Bits And Pieces chapter 4 . 8/22/2010
ROTFL Perfect ending! Poor Carter and Newkirk; left to clean up the mess by themselves. I actually like Newkirk's 'Britishisms'. LOL And I see Hogan likes redheads. ;) Terrific story! Very funny; I enjoyed it so much! I hope you'll be able to share another story with us soon.
ColHogan chapter 4 . 8/21/2010
Egg salad? All this craziness and anxiety over a recipe for egg salad? Sheesh! This was a well-written, funny story. I agree with the reviewer who suggested writing a sequel. This story was great!
waikiki23 chapter 4 . 8/21/2010
Your story was awesome! Do a sequel please?
46 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »