Reviews for According to Lore
TolkienGirl chapter 1 . 2/24/2014
"My turn to save you. No matter how hard I try, Dean…I try and try, but I just can't save you."
FEELS.
Great story from beginning to end. Really impressive and well-crafted and just REAL. Love it. And great Bobby cameo. I could hear his voice!
Rasei chapter 1 . 5/30/2012
I love the interaction between Dean and Sam. The emotion in the story was wonderful. Keep up with the good work.
scootersmom chapter 1 . 5/17/2011
This was another great, great story! Thank you so much for sharing it. You write the brothers so perfectly, this would have been a great show!
Naic chapter 1 . 3/24/2011
Really liked it! Especially it feels like you really captured the characters)
CeCe Away chapter 1 . 3/23/2011
*there had to be something that needed killing at Disney World* Best line EVER!

I love all the thought you put into this about the ramifications of freeing Lucifer and Sam being broken and never being able to save Dean, and then Dean giving up missing Sam in Hell. There was a lot going on between the lines in this. Really meaty for a simple skunk ape hunt.
JennK528 chapter 1 . 2/28/2011
Aw, that was great. :) Good job on equal opportunity whumping, and the brotherly concern. The boys should definitely go to Disney World.

Great read! Thanks for sharing.
twiandsuperfan chapter 1 . 2/13/2011
Great story!
Madebyme chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
This was a great read! There was a little something for everybody here: h/c, banter, humour and a good dollop of brotherly interaction. A joy of a read!

You crammed in so many details here, little snippets that added so much to your story. Dean and Disney World, Sam looking up the best and more up-to-date ways to pack a wound (very funny, I could really picture Dean's face) and Dean knowing that Sam was sick before he did! It's little touches like these that I cherish in fics.

Most of all I loved the brothers here. Doing an everyday, non apocalypse hunt only for it all go wrong, how they put each others injuries and sickness over their own. And how at the end we find out there was plenty of water, they were saving it for each other! As Bobby would say, these two really are knuckles-heads!

Thanks so much for sharing! Take care, Madebyme.
KKBELVIS chapter 1 . 8/6/2010
Once upon a time, Dean had found a photograph in his dad's bag. There he was in front of some Disney castle – a tiny, grinning kid wearing mouse ears, standing between Dad and Mom. The picture was as far removed from Dean's life as if he'd been sent a postcard from outer space. But his mother was pregnant, and they were all smiling like they had something to look forward to.

He held onto that picture for a long time but never showed Sam. Somehow, knowing that Sam was there, but not really there, made it worse because Sam never knew what he was missing.

_

Yow-ouch!

That above...hurt so bad - but was so damn good!

I love your stories!

Thank you for your talent!

Karen
K Hanna Korossy chapter 1 . 8/5/2010
That was mighty good, funny and touching at once. I love Sam's staying up with the latest in first aid and his intention of saving Dean at least from skunk apes if not Hell and Dean wanting to go to Disney World with Sam and Bobby coming to the rescue (in his wheelchair?) yet again. Especially loved the lines about "there had to be something that needed killing at Disney World" and Sam being broken and hard to understand and that making Dean miss him more. I guess his being sick and stripped to his basics takes him back to someone Dean gets again. Nicely done.
Noninone chapter 1 . 8/5/2010