Reviews for in this coarse tapestry unwinding
FireEdge chapter 1 . 12/22/2010
Wow. Just wow. My mind is being overwhelmed right now, I can't even come up with coherent sentences. This was a helluva long one-shot, but it was beautifully written. The say you wrote it was very unique, but I love it when authors play around with the style. I loved the juxtaposition of the present and the past (especially the backwards running of the flashbacks).

Characterization-wise, I think you got everyone down to a tee. I can see Haar being very insecure about his relationship with Jill, and unaccepting of happiness. I think you did a fantastic job of portraying his emotions and thoughts. You had some absolutely brilliant lines, as well (I can't even remember them all).

Also, I loved Jon. He was a great OC. And his conversation with Haar (dream or not) was very touching and I think it was exactly what Haar needed to start letting go (he really does live in the past, doesn't he?).

Either way, I don't have much else to add, since my brain is just being overwhelmed by it all. So thanks for the amazing story!
Kitten Kisses chapter 1 . 12/16/2010
Hi there! There isn't enough of this pairing out there, and this deserves a review.

[in a solemn solute.] "salute"

The way you've written this is really unique. But it's still easy to read, and though it's different, doesn't detract from the story at all.

[(you know what this means, don't you?)

Foolish, he thought, and closed his good eye.] I like these lines.

[had to remind himself in the midst of preparing a frugal meal that there was only need for one plate, not two.] Poor Haar, feelin' a bit o' lonely.

[Weren't you always the optimist, Haar doesn't say; Jon hears it and laughs anyway.] Another great line. I like Jon. :)

[(stop asking me questions; stop asking – )] This line is good, too.

["…I'm glad you're back with us."

And Jill then smiles in a way that's so relieved and happy and utterly –] I don't know why, but I got a bit teary-eyed right there. I love the Lethe and Jill friendship.

[all of their old comrades look so glad to see them, especially the two of them together] Haha, how telling. But seriously, another good line. I think it's just fitting.

[(dead men tell no tales. dead men don't mean anything.)] Another good line that's also quite telling. A person can't really blame Haar for snapping, there. Even if Jill makes things complicated for him because he doesn't quite understand... Well, in the end, he's just worried about her.

[He's unimpressed with blatant lies.] Another good line.

["…forget about it. Stop."] Ouch. Oh, Haar. That had to have stung her something fierce.

I like all of Jill's broken dialogue, too. A lot of people might harp on a person about putting it in a story, "complete sentences" and all that stupidity, but in the end, people really do talk like that, and it helps bring Jill to life in this story.

I wish I had more to say about this remarkable story, but I don't have much. I'm not so great with words as I'd like people to believe. Haar might be a cranky old man, but it's good Jill doesn't seem to mind it. (Hah.)

But seriously, good work on this one. I enjoyed reading it very much.

holographic chapter 1 . 8/12/2010
Ahhhhh my god~

This. This ... THIS. -flail- There's definitely a reason why you're my favorite author, oh man.

It's funny; I don't even really like this pairing much, but the way you write every single pairing just makes me love them. ;w; It's so beautiful and amazing and well-worded, with a lot of things that slip in and blend without being overwhelming, and the memories don't interrupt or make the story blocky or anything.

Ahhh! I feel like playing the games now! w

I'm so glad you finally finished itttttt. And now I can't wait for the third part of the IkeElincia storyyyyy.

I'm sorry I'm freaking out but this was-I don't-asinasbkde. So much love, honestly.
saffiremoon21 chapter 1 . 8/8/2010
This was absolutely beautiful. Not sure if there's any other way I can say it.

Love it.
IsanTheWizard chapter 1 . 8/8/2010
Beautiful, no better word to describe it

Thanks 4 the fic!