Reviews for The Woes of Learning the German Language
RyoKei chapter 1 . 11/21/2013
I love this fic, I like the drunk Ryoma which reminds me years ago when I used to got drunk too. And I really love AtoRyo pair now.
drippinghoney chapter 1 . 8/11/2013
Your Ryoma cried very well. Anyone would have broken down earlier than that, but like your Ryoma I think in canon he would have stuck it out until the pressure beat him down, and even then he'd go out like a BOSS. I liked the ending because I can't imagine Ryoma saying the big three words that easily even if he obviously feels it. Thanks for this
Guest chapter 1 . 10/1/2012
Quite confusing but the others where right. It should be "Ich liebe Dich".
"Sie" semantically referes to a rather unknown person, someone I meet on a regular basis but am not close to (like a teacher/professor at university), or someone (usually an adult) I meet for the first time. Gramatically we use 3rd person singular when we have to conjugate verbs but always mean 2nd person singular (if you learnd Spanish you might know this tu/ustedvosotros/ustedes).
Little D. Xylie chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
Mmmhh... It's actually kinda fluffy yet bot at the same time. I agree. In most AtoRyo fics, Tezuka almost always get in between them and it's so cute and heartwarming to see them get past that obstacle.

Good work. More please?

Kit chapter 1 . 4/24/2012
*giggle* burning books is so much fun XDD but only right after school XDD

Aww~ I love Atoryo X33 they're so~ ... entertaining XDD

p.s. Since Ryo-chan is in love with Kei-chan & and they're on first name base the correct German sentence for I love you is "Ich liebe dich"... ) (German is my first language )
hj-dm-sk chapter 1 . 4/8/2012
Aw, I really just want to give angsty!insecure!Ryoma a hug :( but he has Keigo for that again by the end, so I suppose it's OK :)

I really love the drama in this story, and I don't actually think Ryoma's being too girly at all. I mean, it's not exactly just in Ryoma's head - Atobe *did* call out Tezuka's name in his sleep, and he *does* kinda look down on Ryoma's non-tennis abilities: "Catching up on the reading we didn't do during our school years?", "Or what, did you add food decor to one of your many future achievements you plan to dazzle me with?", and "Why would you study things...which you would fail miserably in..." Even part of his apology comes off as condescending and sarcastic: "You can study all the German you want and whatever else you're interested in and I'll say how wonderfully you're learning it." So, nope, don't think Ryoma's being girly; he definitely has a right to be ticked off, and Keigo *was* kinda a jerk. (End rant)

Anyway, loved the story, and, again, loved how you built up the drama throughout this piece :)
akdhyt749 chapter 1 . 4/3/2012
i have never actually cried at a fanfic before - but wow. just wow. that was AMAZING! LOVE IT:D:D:D well done!
AtobeLover chapter 1 . 8/26/2010
Nooooooo... you don't suck at present tense...

I love this story. Really. When I log on, it's going in my favourites. You can't re-add an author to Favourites, can you? *sigh*
Chibi'prince-sama chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
oooh jealous Ryoma... i love it. love it by the way
TheDarkestButterfly chapter 1 . 8/16/2010
tehehehe i LOVE IT! I dont think you made Ryoma seem like a girl i thought he was hot most of the time ;)
tokiya-kun18 chapter 1 . 8/8/2010
Very enjoyable read. (-: Loved every moment of it. I almost cried, actually, if not because I'm able to hold back the tears threatening to fall. XD Also, I think that Ryoma should've said „Ich liebe dich“ instead of „Sie“. Do you, by any chance, study German? :-D Just a curious question.
Ayingott chapter 1 . 8/6/2010
I liked (more like loved) it very, very much.

Ryoma wasn't too girly, in my oppinion, he was just emotionaly tired.

P.S. I hate German too. My teached is the Hitler himself. I'm even scared to breathe in her lesons. ;_;
hyperdude chapter 1 . 8/5/2010
You made Ryoma a girl, but he was an in-character girl and he almost made me cry, so I honestly don't mind. I'm really happy to see that you're still active though. This was all kinds of awesome, little bits of detail on their educations, and then little bits on personal lives, and the "ghost of Tezuka" standing in the corner, even though Atobe was really just trying to help Ryoma. Brilliant, great job as always.
Sanz0girl chapter 1 . 8/5/2010
Very good! Really liked it

( :) Have to agree that present tense is so hard to write,but i think you did well.
A chapter 1 . 8/5/2010
I liked this very much, the angst was nice. Just a correction, I think the German should be: "Ich liebe dich". The 'sie' is rather impersonal, but maybe you were going for that?