Reviews for The Once and Future Friend
this was super cute!
Alestrel chapter 1 . 5/3/2012
Lovely - really lovely.
femme4jack chapter 1 . 9/14/2011
Had to go read the whole other story, which was so very enjoyable, to come read this one. Really enjoyed the interaction between Ironhide and Optronix, and the fact that they went Fly Fishing (which is such a lovely nod to the much hated 86 movie which, despite the horrors, I really enjoy parts of now).

Really makes me yearn for this story to continue, and has some interesting parallels to the fix-it fic Filly and I just finished. I love the collective unconscious of fandom :)
LdyGossamer chapter 1 . 5/6/2011
This is such a lovely story. I've read it many times and enjoy it every time I come back to it. I just wish we had more stories in this Universe.
Hobbitstown chapter 1 . 11/4/2010
I've recently discovered Lukerlynne's Kite Strings; this was a wonderful suprise.
cmdrtekk chapter 1 . 8/17/2010
This read beautifully and felt very comfortable in Lukerlynne's "Kite Strings and Sealing Compound" verse/storyline.

Thank you for sharing it. Thank you to Lukerlynne for letting you play in her 'verse.
Sslaxx chapter 1 . 8/14/2010
This appears to be an older Optronix than in the main stories, interesting. How long has passed, I wonder... what other changes have been wrought.
Lurkerlynne chapter 1 . 8/11/2010
Aw, poor Ironhide! Although it's good that the old glitch has gotten his head out of his exhaust pipe and can interact with Optronix as himself. My version of him is of everybody's uncle, with all that entails. The kids love him, Seibertronian and human, because he teaches stuff (even things he probably shouldn't) and is easy to talk to. He would so do this, take a kid out where they could just hang.

The adults are more hit and miss because he's older than almost everybody and sometimes treats those lots younger than him as kids but he was Optimus' close friend, adviser and occasional bodyguard.

Do you mind if I link to this on my Kite Strings comm? Also, this is giving me ideas, may I steal? I'll credit.

Erm, sorry about the late comment. :( RL has been a little hectic right now. Also, I, er, just discovered I missed your message. _ But, yes, Kite Strings is on earth.
Thornwitch chapter 1 . 8/6/2010
This story is SO CUTE! Yet rather sad. I wonder if the bots belive in reincarnation...
Carmilla DeWinter chapter 1 . 8/6/2010
Aww. *sniffles*

This is comfort fic of the purest kind - almost as good as chocolate.
Eliza Aacher chapter 1 . 8/6/2010
Awww! That was great! You write well. :)
Jessie07 chapter 1 . 8/5/2010
Great story!
Hasty chapter 1 . 8/5/2010
Too cute! I only have one correction to make- I don't think mayflies suck blood. Other then that..d'awwww!