Reviews for YuYuGiDigiMoon Special Gaiden: Underworld Saga
Charles Vaughn chapter 1 . 8/12
I'm back, Kanius!
Ford1114 chapter 6 . 10/1/2015
Here is the final chapter of the Underworld Saga.

Kuzuhamon just got sucker punch after Seadramon and Inumon mega-volve. The dark version of Sakuyamon is hold off by Inumon, but the real battle begins with Basilikmon.

And we have the serpent’s appearance in person, I remember it reminded me of the Basilisk from Harry Potter. The battle wages on and that the heroes try to get the weakness gem.

Kuzuhamon is defeated, but it’s a sign that she fell in love with him, showing this characteristic in Wrath of Pharaohmon after this.

The big kicker is look once again, Kotori is killed by Basilikmon (and a tearjerking scene to boot). This is where Himura’s anger flares to personal hatred at the snake. Basilikmon is defeated, and Anubimon punishes him to the Dark Area.

All of a sudden, Himura is at the hospital with his younger sister at his side. Both figure out that their parents are indeed killed, it is a tragic moment. He lost his eye and Kotori, but one thing is for sure. He has Inumon in his side to travel. Nice Botan cameo btw.

So that’s it by rereading its fifth anniversary (and mention DoC now that its finished shows it has its anniversary as well). It is a dark take to the usual Digimon seasons, but really good considering it leads to the first season of YYGDM. The Valkyrie scene, we are getting close to VA.

Back in Shinnen:New Year, the scene with Brunhilde and Sinon, I can remind why Sinon’s life is similar to Kotori. Both have blue hair (though Brunhilde is dark while Sinon is lighter), both of their fathers died, endure bullying, and aspire to be policewomen. However, Sinon’s normal life is not as severe as Kotori (which living in domestic abuse is much worse than trying to overcome her fear of guns), but her strength is weaker than Kotori.

I feel that bonds are emotional.
Ford1114 chapter 5 . 10/1/2015
The semi-final chap of this Gaiden arc is here to relook. It has been a month since Kotori and Himura grew close (and learn their past lives), they are about to reach Anubimon’s pyramid.

So now they meet the two Holy Dragon Digimons in Paradise. Yeah I recall Basilikmon use to be Cobramon until he bit Goddramon’s scales.

The final chapter is on the way to face the Big Bad.
Ford1114 chapter 4 . 10/1/2015
A prologue scene of Ragnarok. The tragic love story of Brunhilde and Siegfried, these two inspire many references to fictional works, especially fan ones like YYGDM. Whoa, that blade pierce through Brunhilde, if that scene is use for Valkyrie Advent, then I begin to know who the perpetrator is.

Kotori is having this dream, this is destiny written for her. The group is now halfway in the digital Underworld. With Fangmons blocking the way, and the concept of Witchelny, wonder what’s gonna happen next.
Ford1114 chapter 3 . 10/1/2015
A battle between Cerberumon and Karatenmon starts. So Kuzuhamon has Inumon in her possession and is first seen as one of Basilikmon’s effective commanders. Then a fight between Kotori’s group and Kuzuhamon is on. Yeah, an Evil Digimon notices a Digidestined swearing as a 10 year old, then again in the Japanese versions of Digimon Adventure/02, the Chosen do swear at times. :P

Seadramon digivolve to…MegaSeadramon!

And yes, our heroes meet Inumon as his Mega form.

MegaSeadramon digivolve to…MetalSeadramon! (Himura is surprise by the past moment)

After the battle, Inumon forms his partnership with Himura. And so, two Chosen have come to rise.
Ford1114 chapter 2 . 10/1/2015
Himura’s turn, he hears voices that a car crash is heard. He is under attack by a Monochromon, but he’s save by the arrival of Kotori and Seadramon. Kotori gives some tough love to heal Himura and his eye.

Ah, so there is the early hindsight of Hell (Inferno), Purgatory (Purgatorio) and Heaven (Paradiso). Like Kotori, Himura learns about the main villain.

Next chapter I’ll see Inumon’s introduction, alongside Kuzuhamon.
Ford1114 chapter 1 . 10/1/2015
Time to reread another old story. It has been 5 years since the Underworld Saga to celebrate its anniversary. Nice prologue of hearing voices, who is Kotori and what is her role?

Well here’s the main heroine, who is at Hell, but not what she imagines. Yeah, for a kid her age, she is a swearing one. She has her first encounter with a Digimon, who recalls seeing the anime which was new at that time to the fan public.

Then a major scene happens when Kotori saws Seadramon, a former Dark Master, about to be punish by Anubimon, but Kotori stops and convince that Seadramon has some good inside him (yes, as we remember since MetalSeadramon is the only Data of the Dark Masters and not sadistic). And so, a digidestined partnership is formed. But the main villain, Basilikmon appears.

Yeah, Kotori had a fucked up childhood that can relate to any audience. Sounds like her mother was cruel. I remember about that bully Hamada, but unlike normal bullies and even Anton/Bruno in Phillipe/Sasha’s Gaiden that have redeeming qualities in the long run, Hamada is one of the few I see is a true shithead that pushing Kotori was a Moral Event Horizon. I wonder what happen to him (I think he got expelled)? Rereading this, I thought of a suggestion for him to appear in Defiants that we can PM?
Jeffrey chapter 6 . 10/29/2010
A wonderful wrap up to a good story. It was good action and Kotori's sacrifice was very sad and heartfelt. I was surprised seeing Botan up in the house (with her cheeful self). All an all a good story. So we won't find anything out about the Norse thing huh? Well I can't hardly wait till what it's significance is.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK WITH YOUR STORIES! :)
Jeffrey chapter 5 . 10/29/2010
An update! So that's how that slimy, cunning, conceited snake came to be! That was a good Q/A chapter and in the next one is the final battle for our heores (at least for now).

Keep it going dude!
Belletiger BT chapter 6 . 10/28/2010
Thats how I expected the last chapter would be. The ending was awesome and yet touching and sad. You made Kotori's death sadder in this arc than in the one of pharaohmon arc. great work, my friend. I really liked how the underworld arc came out. :clap:
LazerWulf chapter 6 . 10/27/2010
IT'S OVER!

Man, even though I knew it was coming, Kotori's death was still a powerful scene. Kudos.

Phila-Del-Phia!

LazerWulf
Haruhi Suzumiya s0s chapter 6 . 10/27/2010
Great ending, but very sad. Poor Himura, Seadramon, and Inumon. The ending was very touching. ;_;

I loved all the throwbacks to Wrath of Pharaohmon. Everything's been set up for that story. Basilikmon, you idiot! You'll get yours! _

Nice to see Botan in there. Though Kotori passed on, Himura will never forget their beautiful bond. Hmm, but I wonder what the deal with those visions are. Hope to see something come out of them and how they relate to Kotori & Himura.

Overall, great story and a good ending. Most of all, can't wait for Dawn of Chaos to return! _
LazerWulf chapter 5 . 10/26/2010
Great Chapter! Lots of exposition right before the end! And nice usage of the word "penultimate"! Not many people use it correctly, as you did.
Haruhi Suzumiya s0s chapter 5 . 10/25/2010
Hey, good chapter!

So, the gang meet the majestic dragons, Goddramon and Holydramon. And who would've thought? Goddramon (unintentionally) was instrumental in Basilikmon's rise. Too bad. :/

(Seadramon slightly groaned. "...we're finally losing her."

"This is probably for the best. She'll only get in the way," Inumon mumbled next to the sea serpent.

"HEY! I HEARD THAT! I'M HARDLY A LIABILITY!" Witchmon screeched over Inumon and Seadramon, causing them both to cringe.)

LOL! Witchmon, you are a riot. XD

Whoo-hoo, the final fight with Basilikmon is on! Can't wait for fight, but not looking forward to... well, you know what I mean. (

Please, try and get the final chapter ready, Kanius-sama! _
Belletiger chapter 5 . 10/25/2010
I like this chapter. And I also like how you added Basilikmon's origin and how he was able to evolve at underworld. I cant wait to read the next chapter. with the final battle agaist Basilikmon.