Reviews for The Language of Life
TropicalCyclone chapter 46 . 6/23
I suspect this ditto is Mew, because mew in this universe is female, and mew can transform into anything.
TropicalCyclone chapter 16 . 6/20
it's like the automatic subtitles on a movie, it always think that a coughing is laughing. :P
General Lemarc chapter 9 . 12/30/2017
Aaand its back. Eve's preaching gets annoying despite her being right, and Katsu sounds like an asshat despite being a good guy. Its as if they've lived in two entirely different worlds with different rules surrounding pokemon. I mean, is Eve really the first person to figure out the slowpoke thing? Pokedex entries say they feel pain-wouldn't that be common knowledge? Also, are we ever gonna get an explanation as to how Eve talks with Pokemon?(basically rhetorical, since this'll probably be a big part of the plot)
General Lemarc chapter 8 . 12/30/2017
Aaaaand there go all my other complaints about Katsu. Wow. Like, dang. If you hadn't written him well i'd call this too sharp a 180, but you did, so it isn't. Plus, he seems the kind of guy who'd do anything to get a girl to like him.
General Lemarc chapter 7 . 12/30/2017
And my complaints about Katsu are at least somewhat decreased. That was nice, and a darn good strategy
General Lemarc chapter 6 . 12/30/2017
Can't say I'm a fan of Katsu. It seems off somehow. In a world of such close cooperation between humans and pokemon, in a world where there is very much communication between humans and pokemon, in a world in which the bonds between humans and pokemon are so deep, I'm not sure how he can exist as an otherwise well-balanced individual. If he were some sort of Team Plasma follower I'd get it, but... i dunno, it just doesn't work for me. But, early days yet, and its not like you haven't written him well outside of this.
General Lemarc chapter 1 . 12/30/2017
You had me at politics and religions.
darkdino chapter 59 . 12/20/2017
this was a great story. I hope you do decide a sequel for it. I am working on my own story if anyone is interested
SnowCatt chapter 8 . 11/27/2017
Eve is being a little bit unfair. Human beings aren't as bad as she keeps on saying. It's not fair to expect people to battle as 'carefully' as possible. That's impossible. And it would be stupid to panic about pain and injury every time you battle. Katsu wasn't that rude or terrible in their first battle together. He was creepy when he actually got angry at Eve for not letting him train with her. He was also admittedly annoying later on, but she was just as bad for not saying anything to him. Let's walk through this forest and kind of ignore a guy because he's annoying you, but don't tell him anything. She also puts the blame of language all on him. I speak a second language and understand what it's like to be in a room where some people have no idea what you're saying. There are ways to include people in conversation without literally translating every sentence from the others. And I can understand Katsu not saying much to Basil and Hannah because he doesn't know them very well and can't understand them. Have you ever tried walking up to a person who doesn't speak your language and just speaking at them? It would be incredibly awkward and uncomfortable. Its not Katsu's fault he can't properly talk to Basil or Hannah. Your OC is coming off as self-righteous. And Faulkner wasn't acting like a gym leader. He seemed more like a villain with how much he was accusing Eve of foul play. And the professor wasn't professional at all blatantly showing favoritism to Eve and giving her secret extra credit. Basil is capable of insulting Katsu. The other Pokemon at the beginning of the story bullied Hannah. They are capable of evil but this is ignored. Anyway, sorry about the rant. I have issues.
WyldClaw chapter 1 . 11/27/2017
Great start
NandNvg chapter 59 . 5/21/2017
I loved this story but didn't like the ending

Both worlds being separate just doesn't seem right.

After all that happened Pokemon and Humans will

never be together again, and the bond will never be.

It's all very sad and upsetting.
Guest chapter 53 . 5/9/2017
The last paragraph said Brian is standing on the beach with katsu just after he teleported away. (i think you ment Mark)
Guest chapter 58 . 11/8/2016
Not gonna lie... In a way I hate it... However that is a purely emotional response logically and judging the writing itself it made absolute perfect sense and to be honest I do not see any other way it could have went without a much more tragic ending
Guest chapter 35 . 11/7/2016
How dare you... Right in front of her!
Guest chapter 23 . 11/6/2016
Never be sad that the chapters are longer than you expected due to detail unless it is stalling low amounts of detail is infuriating the only thing frustrating me is sometimes not catching on to what some of the pokemon are quickly I thought the dratini was a dragonair for awhile