Reviews for Written On The Body
Terminally Introverted chapter 1 . 12/12/2014
Thank you so much for this. Beautifully written, and it's really true to the characters and pairings. They need far more attention.
NotJustAGirlJustMe chapter 1 . 3/22/2014
Lovely!
RayenOfDeadStarsAndPlanets chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
This was absolutly beautiful! I love it!
TheLegacyLives chapter 1 . 2/1/2011
That was beautiful in such a simple, understated way. I love this writing.
anonymouspantsgogogo chapter 1 . 8/20/2010
Very cute. If I didn't know how Japanese culture feels about tattoos, I would have enjoyed it more. Tattoos are treated with a lot of scorn in Japan; if you have a tattoo, you can be denied entrance to hot springs, for instance. Tattoos are associated very strongly with the yakuza.

Very recently, some young people (due to American influence) have gotten tattoos. Rather than the traditional word (irezumi), these tattoos are called tattoos (タットゥー, I think; I've heard it aloud). These are generally not permanent, but the stick-on kind. Still, for those that are currently in their thirties and up, even that is incomprehensible.

So the kanji tattoo fad is rather odd in a lot of ways.

In any case, I thought it was sweet, but having studied abroad very recently in Japan... Well, it was a little off. So I thought I'd share it with you. Since you know about the image of two people beneath an umbrella as an image of two lovers (this image also features in Japanese weddings, though the Shinto wedding ritual is relatively new...I'll stop rambling), I thought you might be interested.

I'll shut up now. If you'd like to contact me, I left my email address in the name section. It's a gmail address.
CheesyFursona chapter 1 . 8/18/2010
Beautiful fic! I loved it!
TarantellaEarth chapter 1 . 8/16/2010
Only one review for this? WTF. This deserves a lot more. You put ten times the meaning than most tatooed Americans put into theirs. Even if some Americans do get sort of "matching" tattooes for their lovers, I automatically feel much more and see much more about Greece's and Japan's. Their relationship, which is so smooth and seemingly perfect, only to be spiced up with permanent symbols of love...*heartsthewholeconcept*

I also love in the beginning where Greece asks if Japan likes his tattoo "almost shyly." Telling us he's clearly looking for approval. D'awww.

Nice job on everything. Faveage right here.
youkai chick supreme chapter 1 . 8/15/2010
Waaaiiii How I love this. Very sweet. Ahh Japan, making friends with the nudists, how inappropriate! I love it.