Reviews for Self Preservation
Guest chapter 5 . 6/25/2013
Brillent story and I love how it's writen.
AnotherStupidNickname chapter 5 . 4/12/2012
Beautiful, sad and very insightful. On the other hand, completely hilarious. I squealed like a baby for a good ten minutes at "Are you honestly telling me you wouldn't hit that so hard that whoever could pull you out would be the next king of England?"

Amazing work.
kawoosh chapter 5 . 12/11/2011
I absolutely love your voice for Tony, it's fantastic and frequently cracks me up.
baybelletrist chapter 3 . 11/2/2011
Oh God. Oh God. This chapter. You can find it in the dictionary by "brilliant."

iLittle towers of charred vegetables, mushroom caps filled with spackle./i

I LOL'd. Like, seriously.
Shadowjewel chapter 2 . 10/17/2011
ROFL

Oh I am so in love with this story! "Mating plumage" indeed! ROFL

I actually tried to favourite this thing twice, first when I was half way down the chapter and again when I got to the end, having forgotten I had already clicked it, your fic has had me laughing so much. Congratulations I have NEVER done that before! *grins like a loon*

Also the first time I have felt compelled to review two consecutive chapters in a row, particularly when the story is already complete when I start reading - usually I just read the whole thing then review at the end.

And, for the lucky third, this is also the first time I have enjoyed a fanfic enough to show restraint, in that I am going to save the rest of the chapters for tomorrow (it is very late). That way not only do I appreciate it more from not being tired, but I also get to spread the lols over two days instead of one (yay!). It is very rare for me to enjoy something enough to hold back on it, to savour it more. There are only two films and three books on that list - and this is the first fanfic.

*worships fanfic*
Shadowjewel chapter 1 . 10/17/2011
"Just take my wallet with you. You can put it in the seat next to you, tell it to behave occasionally, and at the end of the night you take some money out of it and make a big fat donation. I bet you no one will even notice that the rest of me isn't there."

That line... OMG that line! I am in love with your dialogue in this! *hearts*
Mae Stark chapter 5 . 12/20/2010
I like this! You got the characters down really well, and all of this is completely in character.

Are you going to be continuing this?
Sarah chapter 5 . 11/27/2010
You have truly nailed these characters. Tony's POV was amazingly written.
KOG chapter 5 . 8/28/2010
Okay, I seriously love this story.

Really. It's my favorite of the ones I've read so far, for sure. The wisecracks are hilarious and the emotional dynamics are so perfect (the timing is flawless too, which helps.) This is my favorite kind of fanfic ever - the kind that's so perfectly in keeping with the tone of the original that it feels like an epilogue or a deleted scene or something. I'm not even in the IM fandom and I was totally into this. 3
Rachel chapter 5 . 8/11/2010
Fantastic! Please continue!
RooC chapter 5 . 8/8/2010
What a glorious read this was! I love writing Tony, but your Tony puts mine to shame. You have a wonderful take on the joyful abandon (and sometimes poignant meloncholy) he embodies and your characterization of Pepper is deftly spot on and endearing. Even Happy resonates in only a few small moments with rich detail.

Brava! I can't wait to read more of your work!
RooC chapter 3 . 8/8/2010
I am tearing through every chapter like a glutton. Damn, that's a Deadly Sin, isn't it?

Two Chapters to go!
RooC chapter 1 . 8/7/2010
Off to an awesome start. Not only do you have a great feel for the characters and their respective voices, but you have excellent grammatical skills and know how to use a spellcheck program. (Forgive me if you naturally spell that well. Apparently both are generally unheard of here.)

The bit about the wallet was spot on and nearly had me on the floor. I can't wait to read the rest of the chapters!
XxThe Penny TreasurexX chapter 5 . 8/7/2010
AW! I really enjoyed this story:):) Maybe there's a possiblity for a sequel? Either way, this was Great!:)
ShellyStark chapter 5 . 8/7/2010
This was absolutely fabulous! The tension between them was so great! Keep it up!