Reviews for It Could Be Worse
SrMichaelBucket chapter 1 . 7/18
This is the best TF2 Fanfiction I have ever seen. As proof of this, I spent two years trying to find it again after reading it the first time. TOTALLY WORTH IT. I have it saved on my phone now so I can read it whenever I want. I pulled two all-nighters with it. Thank you for this work of art.

P.S.: Best Video Game pairing.
Zilkenian chapter 9 . 7/10
Ok, I had to stop reading for a moment there to write this before I forgot it.

First of all, when Sniper was looking through the naked photos and nothing happened, I couldn't help but think about the song "If you're gay" from Avenue Q.
Second, the barn scene. I just imagined Spy going straight for the kiss, for the Sniper to stop him in an "excuse me while I go to throw up my sorry self on the corner right there" fashion.

Even thought I don't LOVE yaoi/love/romantic fanfictions in Team Fortress 2 a lot, yours has the right pace to make everything sink in, and my brain is fully accepting it.
Also, it's already in my favourites.
This is my fifth rereading of this doc. It's just so perfect, just the right amount of tension and arguments and love and ugh, I love it so much. The ideal spy/sniper fic.
MorbidSin chapter 15 . 5/28
I have to be honest, I didn't really like how the sniper was portrayed at first, but he really softened up. x'D The ending was pleasant and that was a great read. Thank you for writing it :)
WhimsicalMayhem chapter 15 . 3/3
Okay, um, where to begin?

This was totally worth getting up at four in the morning to read. I would do it again if given he option; most likely will anyways. One of, if not the single best Sniper/Spy I've read. The first time I've ever gasped out loud at a plot twist. I laughed. I cried. I bought an ugly colorful t-shirt. 10/10 would absolutely reccomend.
Daikonko chapter 15 . 2/11
How did they escape?!
AliceNoire73 chapter 1 . 2/6
It amazes me how many, many times I have returned to read your fic after finding it last year and surprises me even more how well it holds after 5 years. I love it and find myself coming again and again to read it. Really, it is one of the best Sniper/Spy (or Spy/Sniper, whateves...) I have read in years. I hope you have done amazing things after this and continue doing them.
MagicPastaFruit chapter 15 . 11/19/2014
IIII FUCKIN KNEEEWWWWWW IIIITTTTT! gosh, i had speculated earlier on that Sniper gained the scar due to the occurrences with the BLU Sniper reflected upon RED Sniper, but now that I know it was correct AND that it was done by Spy? AMAZING! Really, even though I haven't come in contact with any of the supposed nasty and gross spyXsniper out there (bless me for real i am so glad), this is definitely my fave of all the SpyxSniper I have read.
MagicPastaFruit chapter 7 . 11/18/2014
Engie, this is by far the greatest hypothesis you could have ever devised. Now, as any man of science would do after hypothesizing, we must experiment...
Hugrf chapter 15 . 10/31/2014
Now that I just found this, this was literally one of the best SniperXSpy stories I've ever read. It made me smile, it made me laugh, it made me feel all sorts of things. I'm not sure what to say; I'm speechless. But all I can say is well done.
The Majestic Phoenix chapter 15 . 10/8/2014
I finished re-reading your story for the 2nd time. I loved it as much as I loved it the 1st time. I adore your portrayal of Sniper and Spy, and since I read your story for the 1st time, I haven't read a portrayal of them that I agree with as much as I agree with your portrayal of them. I bought the e-book version of your story to thank you. I'm difficult to impress, but your story has impressed me, and influenced me emotionally: it made me laugh, and it made me cry, and it left a lasting impression on me. I think about your story, about its scenes and its imagery, when I'm lacking inspiration for my stories. It's beautiful. I'll definitely eventually be re-reading your story. I think that I'll be re-reading your story for years after my Team Fortress 2 phase has ended. I don't know what else to say to you, to express to you how thoroughly I enjoyed your story or the impression that it's had on me, except thank you.
AlithiaSigma chapter 15 . 10/6/2014
Eh, no wonder you published a story with the exact same plot as a non-fanfic.
I guess it was good, comparing with most gay-couple stories I've seen, but it just wasn't...interesting. It kinda went how you'd expect a typical homosexual romance to go, minus the bit at the end with Spy's discovery.
AlithiaSigma chapter 3 . 10/4/2014
I'm really interested in what happened to respawn.
AlithiaSigma chapter 2 . 10/4/2014
Well, that's certainly a wasted pot of coffee. And Soldier, as expected, cannot use a microwave.
AlithiaSigma chapter 1 . 10/3/2014
I realized one day (ie, the last time I read a good fic with a gay pairing) that I have a horrible mental image for all yaoi ever, mostly because nearly all yaoi fics I have read are random, have little or no development, or act like friendship is impossible. I usually stick to "canon gay" only, if I bother reading a homo-pairing at all, but really, nothing's entirely confirmed with the TF mercs, so I really shouldn't get all wound up about it.
I'm not against homosexuality (or bisexuality, as it may be), but I think I need to change my attitude about fanfiction homo. So I'm reading this. As long as it doesn't get much into the "M" rating, I should be fine.

Good story so far.