Reviews for Ephraim's Journal
SodiumLamp0nAHill chapter 16 . 7/27
There was a lot of potential for this to go wrong or be boring (and in fact I did think that in the beginning) with the format you chose, but it you circumvented that well and had a great story in the end!

I wanted to complement you on the attention to detail you've paid, without falling into the trap of going overboard: I could see in my minds eye all the different lands through your descriptions of plants and terrain, and you did a GREAT job (in my uneducated opinion) with all the tribal customs & celebrations.
It also really felt like I was traveling through the years with the progression of cars styles, clothes fashions, everyday object, and historical events, plus you did a good job keeping out anachronisms (no easy feat)! I would definitely say that this could qualify as historical fiction.

You did a great job of getting into Ephraim's head, and telling the story from a Native American's standpoint in bygone days, especially with the nature comparisons (like how cold-ones smell).

You might want to consider putting a note that the story has a slow build-up in the beginning.

All in all, it felt exactly like what it was: reading someone's journal, and being transported back in time thru that. And with a very sweet ending to boot! WELL DONE! God has blessed you with a great talent for writing, so thank you for sharing your gift and keep up the good work!
PastOneonta chapter 16 . 2/27/2014
This was excellent story telling. The story is original and creative, complete in details and characters. I was completely engaged throughout and reading along with Jacob. The emotion, the pain and joy at each step was so well written. Jacob's thank you to Carlisle at the end wrapped it up so effectively. Thank you for sharing this and for leaving it posted for newer readers.
sannipan chapter 1 . 11/16/2012
I am so sorry, only now I can see you published before the illustrated guide ever came out. I take my comments back!
sannipan chapter 16 . 11/16/2012
Wow, it was so long! It took me almost two days to get through it all. Pretty cool though, I liked the way you work through a century of history through the eyes of Chief Black himself. I was a little bothered by the inaccuracy of the family tree though. I hoped it would stay true to canon marriages and names. Also, I was under the assumption that the Alpha timbre only worked while in wolf form, hence Jacob's human form when fleeing from Sam's would-be orders. On the other hand I really liked your view on the making of the treaty. And the walky talky part was pretty cool too. I loved Jacob thanking the Cullens for their part in his family's history. All in all I liked it. Thank you for sharing.
Algrandz chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
I have to say that I loved this story. It's not often that a story captures my attention enough to read it in one day. After I started I just couldn't stop reading it. Just like how Jacob was drawn in I ws drawn in aswell. I felt like this was an actual journal I was reading.
Maxsmomma chapter 1 . 8/22/2011
So glad I came across this and read it. Great writing, loved the pace and the care you took in building the story.

And really like the cute cartoon on your page.

Thank you for posting this!
Writer-in-the-making16 chapter 16 . 6/12/2011
Wow. This has been an absolutely incredible story. You collaborated the histories of Meyer's Quiluete tribe and Jacob's ancestor brilliantly. If you should ever continue these journal entries or make new stories for other Twilight characters, I'll be more than eager to read. Excellent job!
ScotchnStout chapter 16 . 5/16/2011
enjoyed d story,1 of d best i've read in a while
ScotchnStout chapter 1 . 5/15/2011
enjoying it so far
kiwihipp chapter 16 . 3/25/2011
I really, really enjoyed your story! It seemed like it could have been written by Stephenie herself. Your attention to detail is amazing. It makes one see how fast time has moved in the 100 years that it spanned. Showed why the younger generations did not believe the legends, as they ought to have. Thanks for a great read!

Merete
I dream of Jasper chapter 16 . 1/31/2011
Pretty cool journal! Wished you could have had a last chap or epi about Jac/Billy talking about it. But it was a really great idea! Loved It
Tygercat2 chapter 16 . 12/24/2010
Really good story. There was a lot of detail and emotions which helped the story a lot. It was really cute. Your writing is very good.
klarsen117 chapter 16 . 12/6/2010
Beautiful story, I enjoyed every minute of it!
klarsen117 chapter 6 . 12/4/2010
Poor Ephriam! At first I thought he would imprint after getting married, but this is soooo much worse!
klarsen117 chapter 5 . 12/4/2010