Reviews for Twice the River
Aloever chapter 1 . 10/30/2015
This is beautiful. The descriptions, the emotions conveyed and the way events played out combined to make a story in which the characters and emotions felt completely fitting and natural. Thank you so much for publishing this.
rayningnight chapter 1 . 8/1/2014
Oh... I thought Touya was going to end up being Haku, what with all the allusions to it...

But still. This was an amazing piece. The imagery and the brilliance of a fantastical journey through Go, through mystical and magical and beautiful places of time of old... I loved this. Great story, even if a bit confusing near the end, but interesting. It's a story I could see Japanese people creating into an anime movie, perhaps even Ghibli Studio itself!

I do so hope you'll continue writing some more Spirited Away and Hikaru no Go crossovers. There so many possibilities!

––Rayne
Andelevion chapter 1 . 11/10/2013
I don't fully understand this, but it was superbly beautiful and had gorgeous imagery and I am half-besotted with it.
chubbysquirrel132 chapter 1 . 8/21/2013
LOVED IT! XD
BiblioMatsuri chapter 1 . 8/3/2013
*applauds* There was always a sense of underlying spiritualism throughout Hikaru no Go, usually during story arcs that focused on Sai, but Hikaru has his own insight and Touya was never quite as impervious as he looked. Spirited Away is a classic fairy tale set in (more or less) modern times, and Chihiro's inner strength was in a way the whole point of the story. It's interesting how you blended the 'verses, not only the character interactions and parallels but the fast-paced almost surrealism of SA interspersed with the overtly mundane HnG.
C.L. Forest chapter 1 . 11/25/2012
I seriously thought it would end with Touya being Haku (immense similarities, both outside and inside.) and with that line ("He's my friend," he said, his voice shaking. "You can't have him.") I was seriously putting a lot of money on it but no.
Either way it was beautiful. And long. I like long oneshots. You're writing style is simple but I guess that's what makes it so amazing.
It took me a while to understand what was actually going on in the story (I like to read things quick because I'm impatient and I want to know the ending.) but once I did, I realize how you just made everything click so perfectly.
You're ideas here are also epic. Go as a means of transportation to the spirit world? Who would've thought?

Beautiful story.
Eru no Tsubasa chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
Wholly spiritual... a deeper meaning beneath the words. Lovely writing! XD
A Midsummer Night's Dream chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
Darn, I thought it was Touya-kun but of course not.
irezel chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
man...so strange! but i loved it! huh...i wish there was more... :)
lf-deleted chapter 1 . 9/25/2011
Wonderful story! This is one of the best fan fics. I've read yet (Even though I didn't understand some bits _;;).

I really love how you mixed in the various characters from HikaGo and Spirited Away into the story perfectly.. and I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought Touya and Haku looked similar! xD;;

THis is officially my favourite fan fiction of all time. xDD

~Fan-chan
the.stories.live.on chapter 1 . 8/31/2011
Odd story. Extremely interesting, but odd. I had to look up pictures of Toya and Haku, and just marvel at how much they look alike. It's pretty crazy. Anyway, Good story!
My Solitude chapter 1 . 8/11/2011
This is quite an amazing story. It's really mystifying and just...otherworldly.
Nocturnal Smile chapter 1 . 6/7/2011
This was gorgeous. I love how you blended the two series, and yay, Haku and Sai are back! The entire quest is great, this was truly a joy to read. Thank you so much for writing this!
Ceri Moriarty chapter 1 . 5/18/2011
This is awesome. Really, really awesome. I love the way you combined the two series (it's logical and really interesting) and I love how you brought back both Sai and Haku. Fabulous writing!
MoonClaimed chapter 1 . 11/7/2010
Oh. Very, very interesting. And two strange but very compatible fandoms to use in a crossover. Great job. :D