Reviews for The Stolen Rose: A Beauty and the Beast Retelling
Roxanne Beaumont chapter 22 . 6/29/2015
I've forgotten how much I love this story. My favorite chapters are the ones where Anne explores the mausoleum and where Beast saves her. It's full of red herrings, I can tell! :) I wonder if that ivy has anything to do with Richard's spirit? Maybe he'll play a much bigger, villainous role later on! The scene where Gregory finds Anne is so wrought with emotion, and it felt so genuine. Their chemistry is amazing. I really hope you update soon, since I'd hate to see this amazing story be abandoned. I see so much potential in this story. Wonderful work! You deserve every positive review that comes your way.
Roxanne Beaumont chapter 15 . 6/29/2015
I've read this before, but only favoriting it and not leaving a comment. And now, I think it's high time I do. I absolutely love your writing. It's so descriptive, and the tone is very fitting. The story is so unique and I don't think I have read anything else like it. One thing I did notice was that your sentences were really long. Try using commas, colons, and semicolons to break ip clauses. Sometimes I just break up a long sentence into two parts. When you vary sentence lengths, it's easier for the audience to read. Overall, I adore your story. I can't wait to re-read the rest of it!
Guest chapter 22 . 3/1/2015
This is so good pls update!
Moonlight Iridescence chapter 22 . 11/18/2014
This is positively amazing, there is just so much detail and its so interesting. It has sucked me in and I couldn't stop reading. The development of Anne and the Beast's relationship is more realistic than most things I have read in the way it is very gradual. I think you should write about Thomas again though because I really want to know what is happening to him and her parent's. Also the way you ended Thomas's chapter you seemed to be foreshadowing something which really intrigued me. This truly is an amazing story it's so well thought out and there is so much thought behind everything and you even occasionally put little authors notes explaining parts. It is such a unique spin on the original tale that I really hope you are continuing this and can update soon. Best wishes xx
white-tiger2200 chapter 22 . 5/26/2014
I do love how at first the two are slightly awkward and tentative around each other but the moment Anne recovers some mobility she's excited and teasing as she races away from her room! And how that immediately puts Gregory in higher spirits and they mutually agree to spend time together and he leads her away at her request! I loved that!
As a bibliophile myself, I was totally in awe of the library and was disappointed when Anne sought to leave it haha! But you've stated more library in coming chapters so I shall gratefully and patiently wait for more to come!
Oh! I noticed it said: [until she kneeling on the chair's cushion] hehe
Otherwise I am very pleased with this story and I'm happy to be a fond reader and fan of your work here! 3 Can't wait for more as always!
white-tiger2200 chapter 21 . 5/26/2014
I'm going to begin this review by saying that I am sorry it took me so long to provide it lol. I read the new chapters quite awhile back and since it was the middle of the night I knew I wouldn't be able to provide anything constructive so I meant to wait until morning to reply and then totally slipped my mind several times. But I'm here now and ready to go! lol
Okay I absolutely love the beginning of this chapter and how we're given a glimpse into Gregory's mindset at this point. Many adaptations fail to recognize the character development of The Beast in these stories and giving the audience some information on how he is dealing with his situation! I love how we are able to know that he fears becoming a true beast and animal once more without the security of his home. I especially loved how the thought of Anne brought him back to his senses again; drew him away from those darker thoughts. I thought it was a true sign of Gregory's character that he worked that hard physical labour and as you mentioned how it helped not only pass his time but keep him busy and keep him working like a man would work. No beast or monster would take the time to construct and put together something in that extent.
I noticed it says: [Remembered to, the way his large hand...] when it should be [Remembered too] instead ;) The second 'o' must have not registered when you'd typed ;D
I do like the sinister nature that she's feeling about those dreams and how she resolves not to let them happen like that again. The way you described the difference between her regular dreams and these ones truly made a stark contrast to one another and very much portrayed to me at least the discomfort she'd be feeling with those realizations!
I do like how you dealt with the passage of time and how she did spend all afternoon just in thought like that but it didn't seem unrealistic or forced in the way it was presented to us readers :)
And can I just say that as a whole that last paragraph was just wonderful!
kaiko13 chapter 22 . 5/19/2014
I'm so excited I found this story again! I read ut first when I had no account, and forgot about it. Perusing the fairy tales, it caught my eye yet again. I'm glad that it has updated though, and plans on doing so. Keep writing! :)
Crayola Color Sky chapter 21 . 5/11/2014
Apparently my computer dislikes me, because it automatically submitted my last review.

Anyway, I got back into my old email account, saw your story update, and decided to reread this. LOVE IT STILL. Needless to say, I'll be keeping an eye on this story! More dream sequences please!
Crayola Color Sky chapter 22 . 5/11/2014
So I logged into my old email account and found several Fanfiction emails... Your update being one of them!
Anonymous chapter 22 . 4/22/2014
You do not disappoint! You continue to gently develop the relationship between Anne and the Beast, which is very endearing. Anxiously awaiting the next chapter. :)
musicbox chapter 21 . 3/21/2014
Hello, I am a passing reader. I added this to an fanfiction reading app on my phone last summer and found it to be delightful, though I sadly noted the lack of updates. However, I was happy to see this update when I revisited my app and synced the stories. Know that any updates at any pace will not be most appreciated by this reader.
Smallfry182 chapter 21 . 3/1/2014
I'm reading! I just started reading today, but I feel I've stumbled upon your story before. It's beautifully written either way and can't wait for you to update!
mirror-owl38 chapter 21 . 2/24/2014
well, it has been done. The knife that you so BRUTALLY stabbed through all our hearts and then twisted after no updates for 4 years has been removed. We thank 'ye kindly madam.

Anyways, damn this is an amazing story! And it is wonderful that you finally updated! I mean, come on! Now don't turn your back on us again! I don't think any of us could bear it again! Oh the agony! Oh the shame! Oh the torture! (...I'm in a dramatic mood tonight...too much sugar)

Now, onto the important and juicy stuff that I am most likely sure you want to hear. This is getting intense! She is finally liking the guy...er beast? Gregory. Anne is liking Gregory. The idea behind the attack by the vines was very interesting. Was Richard's spirit controlling the vines? And he attacked Anne? Questions questions questions. Will Gregory tell Anne the myth, like the actual true story, behind how he came to be and the king (Richard) that she hates? Because I feel that would make for an interesting scene. Or even the origin of the roses. Will you bring those back soon?

OK I shall leave thou be for now, as if any more questions are asked, I feel you may hunt me down and imprison me :O. uh oh. Anyways, keep the writing up as it is quite amazing and can't wait for another update!
p.s. If life hands you skittles, stand on a random street corner and throw them at random people saying, taste the fricken rainbow!
p.p.s. Just tell me not to leave obnoxiously long reviews if you don't like them...
Guest chapter 21 . 2/22/2014
Thabk goodness after all of these years. U updated.
Continue please
Ps: DONT U DARE DO A 4 YEAR HIATUS EVER AGAIN
iluvmycorgi22 chapter 21 . 2/20/2014
I'm so happy you updated! It always breaks my heart a little when I finish an unfinished fic and I see that it hasn't been updated for years so thank you so much for continuing with it!