Reviews for Monochrome
Aileil chapter 1 . 5/30/2021
Thank you for writing this! As much as everyone will always remember "Inception" for its fascinating world of shared-dreams it certainly left quite a can of worms out there about how first entering those dreams would be for people off of the bell-curve center, so-to-speak. (It also brings back the age-old question: We observe the same phenomena and give it a shared name, but how do we know we perceived it in the same way?).
There is plenty of room for exploring this in a world built around people rubbing right up against each other's subconscious minds and I enjoyed your 'what if' about exposing the mind of a color-blind person to the perception of color without the intervention of the eyes.
Dalamanza chapter 1 . 9/25/2018
Ooh I love this idea! Really fits Arthur's character, and as you said would actually be a real asset to someone in the dream business
The Feisty Rogue chapter 1 . 6/26/2018
This is adorable! I loved the concept, and Arthur’s initial reaction to his dream was as cute as it was funny. Lovely.
lauren0712 chapter 1 . 4/18/2017
What a great little story concept to add depth to Arthur's character. Really enjoyed this orginal idea!
silberfuchsII chapter 1 . 3/23/2016
Wow that was great -even though i figured Athurs colorblindness out as soon as he asked for the apples- and it is well written and nice and somewhat deep, but on top of all that my favorite beer is Killian's Irish Red as well - and I'm german so that has to mean somethig. And I totally love the last sentence. Thanks for sharing.
Book girl fan chapter 1 . 2/23/2016
That is pretty interesting, and would be an excellent as well as fascinating way to tell dreams from reality.
shieldmaiden19 chapter 1 . 2/19/2016
Aw how sweet! Lovely bit of writing here. Thanks for sharing!

-Shieldmaiden
outwriter18 chapter 1 . 10/4/2015
This had my attention from the very beginning and kept it until the end, and I find you making Arthur colorblind to be absolutely genius. From the start I was excited to figure out how he knew the real from the dream, but I didn't even guess what it was up until you revealed it. Definitely fits in with the very nature of Inception, and I especially like how Cobb and Arthur are perfectly in character to the T. Extremely well done and thank you for the amazing read!
stupidvariousreasons chapter 1 . 2/27/2015
"My college professors all thought so. But my kindergarten teacher thought I was an idiot."

Ohmygod YES IM DYING!
:D sooo good
PippaFrost chapter 1 . 9/1/2014
OH MY HOLY FREAKING GOD YOU'RE A BLOODY FREAKING GENIUS! HOLY FREAKING SHIT ! JUST... MIND BLOWING! LIKE, SERIOUSLY! MY BRAIN? ALL OVER THE PLACE! HOLY SHIT!
So1Thought chapter 1 . 1/31/2014
This is darn cool. Reaaaaally neat. As long no one knows about hiscolourblindness... XD
Cool stuff.
Miss Ashlynn chapter 1 . 10/4/2013
Pretty neat, although technically you aren't supposed to let anyone else touch your totem, so that was the only thing I didn't like - when Arthur lets Cobb touch the dice. Nevertheless, I still thought this was a cute short story.
Bookdancer chapter 1 . 8/23/2013
This was fantastic! A brilliant idea, and it was written really well. Excellent job, and keep on writing!
marinawings chapter 1 . 6/11/2013
This is a fascinating story! I found it on a favorites list and had to check it out. I love the way you write the characters and the friendship between them. And wow, what a surprise with Arthur's monochromacy! And he dreams in color! When you revealed that, I got chills. :)
girlwiththeblackinkpen chapter 1 . 4/14/2013
Great job. It was really good.