Reviews for At First Glance
ginny411 chapter 1 . 2/18/2011
Hey this was great. Watson is not a woss. he is the best. You cauptured the chartcters personality perfictly. Keep writing.
Eikciv63 chapter 1 . 1/6/2011
I really liked Mrs Hudson's musings over Watson. I always found quiet intellectuals who didn't have to prove themselves much more sexy!
nomdeplume30 chapter 1 . 1/3/2011
Nice! There's that awesome Watson again. I like seeing him through others' eyes. I liked the bit with Lestrade and the evidence that Holmes missed. :)
Shall be lifted Nevermore chapter 1 . 11/22/2010
you are obviously favoring watson over holmes. also, it is extremely ooc. all throughout "watson's" work, his voice of amazement at holmes' abilities could be clearly heard. And it did not mention anywhere in the canon that watson was attractive or intelligent.
Faithful Bozwell chapter 1 . 8/31/2010
"She was an older widow...but she was not dead yet!" LOL - I love it! And no, I don't have a problem with Mrs. Hudson noticing Watson's charm at all. Heck, who wouldn't? Very nicely done, imho.
Antigone1Evenstar chapter 1 . 8/24/2010
As always, I absolutely love your Watson. I enjoyed the Lestrade origin the most out of the three, though all were quite telling. And you are quite correct, from what we know of canon Watson, he was formidable in his own way. Being a medic in Afghanistan, let alone surviving the conflict he did...Well. His character was, starting out, quite a bit more vibrant than the good detective's, who at first comes across as mostly eccentric.

Perhaps with that back story it was necessary to tone him down in order to keep the story about Holmes?

Just guessing, but was the shift you were referring to when Holmes found himself desiring 'the man to say yes'? And in a way, switching the traditional role of Watson 'giddy cheerleader' to Holmes. Not completely, but just enough. Perhaps I'm simply reading this too late at night.

At any rate, love your story!
shedoc chapter 1 . 8/15/2010
bwahaahaahaa... that's hysterical! I love it! so glad I stopped by to check your fics!

Thanks for sharing!
Valerie Blakewell chapter 1 . 8/10/2010
Haha, when you talked about Watson talking to the corpse, I immediately thought of Ducky in NCIS...

"There was this time, where someone died exactly like you. He was younger, but oh was it excitin-"

"Just get on with it Ducky. Stop talking to the corpse."

Haha.
Elerrina Star chapter 1 . 8/8/2010
'Watson smiled. "Oh how did you figure that out, a man with a tropical tan in overcast London, with obvious war injuries and a military bearing, and it happens to be just months past one of the worst defeats in British Army history in where of all places...oh yes, Afghanistan...you astonish me with your acumen, sir," he needled, "if we can forego the parlour tricks..." ' - Oh gosh. *snickers* That's awesome! I love sarcastic!Watson, and you are great at writing him.

Loved this! Your take on Watson is defiantly different, and I really enjoy reading your stuff! And you're right, this totally deserves more than just a few reviews.
tapd0g chapter 1 . 8/8/2010
That was excellent! Thanx for sharing that. It's always interesting to read differing viewpoints as you can bet London to a brick that the Strand stories were heavily embellished versions of the real truth of life in 221B!

As my thrice-be-cursed Nokia E71 (currently my only net connection) won't allow LiveJournal I can't get Watson's Woes so I have to wait until stories from there appear here, so once again: thank you for sharing! :)
Ebony.L chapter 1 . 8/8/2010
I love this! Your Watson is so unique and competent one has to love him:) And you managed the different voices very well.

Definitely hope to see more of this!
wlk68 chapter 1 . 8/8/2010
This was delightful! Very nicely done.
misunderstoodemon chapter 1 . 8/7/2010
A very nice story! And I especially appreciate the new angle on Watson - he has to be something darn special to put up with Holmes all those years, much less be his best friend!

Thanks, and keep it up!

misunderstoodemon
Silverdragonstar chapter 1 . 8/7/2010
I do like your rendition of the beginning better then the cannon. I do prefer Watson as you portray him.
bemj11 chapter 1 . 8/7/2010
Positively delightful, I must say, and a joy to see another of your works up. Very nicely done.