Reviews for Becoming Arthur
ladybug114 chapter 15 . 1/3/2013
wow this story is just fantastic! I love it! are you going to keep writing? please say yes! I know you haven't updated in a SUPER loooong time, but I really hope you do!
Mavia chapter 1 . 10/7/2012
I know I arrive very late for reviewing, but... It's such a shame that this fic has been abandoned ! :(
Your interpretation and portrayal of the characters are absolutely wonderful, and the story itself awesome !

I've read many Inception fanfics, and this one is, by far, my favorite.
I hope one day you will complete it, even with a mere quick conclusion.
ABundleOfDaydreams chapter 2 . 11/30/2011
Aquanova chapter 15 . 10/23/2011
I'm hoping to all hell that this isn't abandoned, no matter abandoned-like it looks. There aren't enough Arthur-origins fic in this fandom of substantial length, and I like how all characters are portrayed here. Also, Cobb and Arthur's awkwardness isn't something I've seen a lot in fandom, though now it's been written it actually makes a lot of sense to me. Points for that. I'm hoping that at some point you're going to develop Cobb and Arthur's relationship even further (though that's probably only really going to happen after Mal's death...maybe?), because I have a fondness for those close-friendship fics.

That's me assuming you're going to continue this though. You are, yes? Because this is awesome. Like, awesome.
CeeRat chapter 15 . 6/5/2011
Keep going! Don't stop! MoreMoreMore! :)

Please?

I will love you forever and ever!

On the other hand, if you don't, I will hunt you down. Consider yourself warned ;)
thesunwillshineclear chapter 15 . 3/30/2011
I love this story! I have been dying to read a good Arthur beginning story. By the way, Mal is exactly as I had imagined her before limbo, and the snarkyness was great. Keep updating, I really hope you do!
Efcia chapter 15 . 12/31/2010
Two chapters, wow that's great!

First of all, as always I love your Mal; the way you described her in chapter 15 suits her in my eyes perfectly. She could be lovely, but, hell, she had also to be brave and dangerous. I can’t see her any other way. I was surprised to hear about extraction and I’m really curious if there’s anything in Cobb past, something not pleasant that Arthur doesn’t know about. Of course I’m sure we’ll find out about it. Anyway, I’m thrilled to see Eames! Arthur’s and Cobb’s first meeting with Eames is a topic I’m really interested in, as it gives great opportunities to write a good piece of story. Eames as an employer and co-worker in the same time looks interesting. And I like the way you described him, all this laziness suits him perfectly. Eames resembles a tiger for me: at first sight he’s languid, but, in fact, he’s a dangerous man with bright mind. I’m thrilled to see Arthur will work on his own, without any Mal’s help.

Have a happy new year!
Shembre chapter 15 . 12/29/2010
Yay, that was a good chapter, and it wasn't out of place. I liked how Mal was portrayed here, and how this chapter adds to Cobb's decision to take another extraction job :)
mischief7manager chapter 15 . 12/29/2010
And the plot thickens!

And Eames is here! Goody goody!

I like the point that when introduced to him, Cobb and Arthur don't particularly like Eames. He does seem like a bit of an acquired taste.

And, of course, Arthur is now aware of how badly extraction can go wrong. Something tells me he'll see worse before this is over.

The "pretty boy" comment made me giggle.

Please update quickly!
Bibliophile90 chapter 15 . 12/29/2010
I'm afraid I'm a little confused with the timeline in this chapter... The Forester job Landly refers to, is it the same as the one in chapter 13 which they botched up? Because Forester's first name is different in this chapter (Kyle and Allan). Unless I'm being dense and I'm totally mistaken about this. :P

And if I'm correct as above, the South Africa job is happening one month later... Okay I get it now, haha.

I still like this chapter, and am anticipating the coming chapters. :)
lovinlife83 chapter 15 . 12/29/2010
It's not out of place, it actually fits in nicely. I'm just excited to meet Mr. Eames (; haha, update soon!
Bibliophile90 chapter 14 . 12/29/2010
Well this is a nice treat after an unpleasant turn my day took. :D

I'm pretty excited about Eames being introduced into the story, I didn't expect that! I do hope to see more of his trademarked dry wit, this chapter doesn't really show that but I understand that it won't fit well for just a short introduction. Looking forward to see how you flesh out the interactions between these characters!

I like how you notched up the tension and mystery at the end, it doesn't feel overdone. I mean, it's obvious that Cobb would take the extraction job (it'd be a bigger shock if otherwise, haha), but the way you wrote it keeps us wondering what made him accept the job despite having doubts. Must be a pretty strong reason.

(Love the "pretty boy" jibe. I'm such a fangirl.)

Right, I'm off to read the next chapter now. :D
thehighlysuspicious chapter 15 . 12/29/2010
brilliant story i cant wait for the next chapter :D
Alice Rivers chapter 15 . 12/29/2010
My, my... Aren't you becoming overly productive? Just kidding... Good updates nonetheless. If I might be so bold, I think you may be on a creative momentum right now, or have become very excited with your own story (which is always great). Also, I sense a more comfortable prose and a more steady pace of the action (not that it wasn't there before, but now the feelings are less explained and more obvious through the character's dialogues and stances).

Well, as always, it is a pleasure to give one's input to a story whose autor is willing and mature enough to take both criticism and praise. That is one characteristic editors and correctors sure appreciate.

Good luck!

PS: I was wondering if your story will also feature Mal and Cobb's obsession with pushing the boundaries of dream sharing, layered dreams or an allusion to their trip to Limbo... If I remember correctly, that was one of the major turning points for them. Maybe Arthur noticed something in those first years/months... then again, maybe he didn't.
Shembre chapter 14 . 12/28/2010
It has been a while! It was a good chapter though :)