Reviews for Maverick X Files
Starling Starwing chapter 45 . 3/14
This is a nice fic. I like how you cooked up a setting with magic, aliens as well as a nice blend of canon and original content. You did a good job writing OCs I enjoyed and wouldn't mind seeing more of, like Violet and Bluebell. Other ideas liked were that gender discussion, Blues investigating aliens and paranormal activity and X taking over area 51 with a biker gang. I'd also enjoy reading that story about the eternal clock you mentioned, if I could find it. I really should've seen the twist at the end coming.
ArcaneMaverick chapter 45 . 8/17/2014
I wrote a reviews for at least half of your fic, but none have showed up yet.

Summary: I enjoyed the first half. It was so wacky and actually funny at times. You had a lot of novel ideas and twists that I appreciated. It was fast, loose, entertaining and so silly. I accepted its style. Your author notes were also nice or helpful to read.

But the second half and the end really fell apart. It felt you were flying by the seat of your pants with no true direction. Things happened out of nowhere to explain events retroactively. The tone shift and huge requests for suspension of disbelief really ruined it for me by the end. Everything was so simplified and rushed it felt not thought out. Many characters and "rules" were forgotten about quickly. Used once and tossed aside. I don't mind the 30 year trial thing. I've thought of that myself, but I didn't like the progression up to that.

It was mostly fun, especially at first, but I was left unsatisfied and disappointed at the end.
ArcaneMaverick chapter 20 . 8/17/2014
Eh. S'fine.
ArcaneMaverick chapter 19 . 8/17/2014
You have so many novel ideas. I like that Iris has many sisters. That's kinda funny. I hoped that X would have walked out at that time and flirted with them. But that Zero thing worked out too.

No idea about that mind screw scene. If it's just filler, then I don't care about it and it was useless. It it meant something...well, we'll see.
ArcaneMaverick chapter 18 . 8/17/2014
I'm glad X admitted that thing about Roll.
It was amusing to see this is how X3 turned out to be.

That's cool about trading powers. Like collecting cards or something. But X copied powers not steal them. I'm just assuming this means X won't have Shatter Wave anymore.

This chapter did feel filler-y but you knew that from your Author Notes.
ArcaneMaverick chapter 17 . 8/17/2014
Oh good, I was hoping for more scenes with X's employees and his shop. WTF was with Sue-Bella. For the reader, her reaction was unfounded. I thought she was kinda cool for going along with X and Zero that time. She acted like she was "one of the guys". But since we haven't seen any issues for her working at X's shop, her behavior is sudden and makes no sense. I guess I just have to assume. Oh well, she wasn't relevant anyway. Wow, and a guy got fired. That's some drama in X's shop. I'm surprised that biker gang didn't attack his shop out of spite for X winning it.

We need more scenes with X actually being a biker. The one in this chapter was right on time! My Biker!X is quenched for now.

Boy this fic is fast and loose.

Nice dues-ex-teleport. I'm disappointed with how Roll's reunion went. It was far too casual. But she did say "That's not like you." in regards to X's behavior...so I wonder what happened to him before.

I hope Alia returns sometime. I guess I want shipping for X because I'm horrible.
ArcaneMaverick chapter 16 . 8/17/2014
Nice use of the X3 stuff. I think that's a fitting idea for DopplerTown. After so many dark fics of humans and reploids hating each other, it's nice to see them in relative peace.

X is losing a bit of his edge and becoming responsible than in past chapters. I'm not sure I like that. I think X gave too much information away too willingly at his first session with Dr. Doppler.

Heh, I wonder if Roll will be the one to change X's ways.

I hope Rock isn't' gone on vacation for too long. I like his role as older brother. X is just a big softie.
ArcaneMaverick chapter 15 . 8/17/2014
I like SuperMedic!Flirty!X. Although his pick up lines are really bad.

Final section of this chapter was neat.

Oh yeah, I don't like Duo too much. I hope he doesn't get creepy around Roll.

Glad X and Zero are back together!
ArcaneMaverick chapter 14 . 8/17/2014
Okay this clears up some questions. I don't understand the Avery/Dr. Light thing.

Boy reploids die easy. And they can be restrained with mere duct tape...

A little disappointing how easily these battles go. And why couldn't the ride armor go through a little fire. I kinda wish there was more description because this fic is gradually losing cohesion.
ArcaneMaverick chapter 13 . 8/17/2014
I liked the appearance of Roll last chapter. I can't wait to see her interactions with her family. I hope they are positive.

Rock and Forte with lazer tag. Cute.

I really liked the cameraderie that the Light family and Wily bots have had so far. I don't like seeing them all messed up in Maverick Hunter hands.

I'm a little confused which is really Zero, the goddess and Nocturne. There seems to be 3 bodies around. I dislike Dr. Cain for screwing around.

This chapter had less concrete explanation of a few things. Getting a little hard to follow at times.
ArcaneMaverick chapter 12 . 8/17/2014
Oh yeah, the maverick battle last chapter was pretty silly since they killed themselves so quickly.

Well, I was a little confused this chapter with the content. Not sure how they can't arrest X for all the other charges like when he resisted arrest for obstructing justice with Sigma before. Nor do I really understand that fire goddess thing. I thought that spirit was separated from Zero and had a different form.
ArcaneMaverick chapter 11 . 8/17/2014
For some reason, I don't like those kids.
ArcaneMaverick chapter 10 . 8/17/2014
OMG. I don't know whether to laugh or be shocked or weirded or whatever. Okay I'm chuckling. Onward!
ArcaneMaverick chapter 9 . 8/17/2014
I am impressed. This is so original and novel. I'm incredibly interested. There is no way I could possibly predict what happens next. I'm happy this was made because it's very entertaining to me so far.
ArcaneMaverick chapter 8 . 8/16/2014
I don't really care for the dog aliens, but you certainly keep me interested. I feel like I'm reading a greatest hit of improv comedy and silliness.
60 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »