Reviews for The Necklace
gumper chapter 1 . 12/6/2017
Just read this one again - definitely one of my favorites!

It's remarkable how much you are able to so adequately cover between S&R in just 4 chapters...

The whole necklace issue is brilliant - a perfect way to get them talking/fighting/engaged at this point in time when in the novel they are essentially not communicating at all. The 3 perspectives (Bonnie, S & R) on this piece of jewelry all seem very true to character and the honeymoon backstory of its original acquisition adds another nice layer of emotional depth to the tug of war.

Rhett apologized...RHETT APOLOGIZED! What a concept - yes; overdue but so welcome nonetheless.

I wish that this could have gone on longer...I'm still dying to know the "one thing" that he was about to disclose before interruption...but such a well done story nonetheless.
Guest chapter 4 . 6/19/2017
Oh, that was so good! :)
Guest chapter 4 . 12/17/2016
What a beautiful ending. Very realistic, especially that you didn't try to get them to talk about everything in one conversation. Lovely storytelling. I've also lost intrest in ff but I still come back every once in a while.
LilianClassic chapter 4 . 8/16/2016
Aha, I remember reading this as a senior in high school, now I'm graduated university and working my first job :p I'm glad you finished this story, and after rereading it I really loved the ending. It's so simple yet it works so well. I think if Rhett had sucked it up and apologized for some of his more grievous acts then things might have turned out a lot better. I realized after reading the book again that all he does is run away and he's not much better than Scarlett in their marriage, especially when it comes to Bonnie. I loved how you ended it with his apology I'm saying, and he did it in such a smooth way that it really works and felt in character to me. Thanks again for writing and have fun out in the real world lol.
MysticSong1978 chapter 4 . 7/23/2016
This is a wonderful story! I loved it!
heresvivi chapter 4 . 7/22/2016
Beautiful story! I loved it.
twilighternproud chapter 4 . 5/4/2016
LOVE IT

I can't believe it took 6 years hahaahha that's amazing
gumper chapter 4 . 3/11/2016
what is the last thing he must say?!
Scarlett Jaimie chapter 4 . 2/20/2016
I can see the future! And it is bright! :) Endings are always difficult to write, no wonder you struggled but it was all worth it. Well done!

I love how you wrote Rhett's apology; it was not corny or OOC, it was perfect and it made my eyes go wet. Brilliant how you made her aware of his love for her without any over the top declarations; I can actually imagine him letting her know this way. Such a nice fic that leaves us with hope. Thank you.

Sorry to read that you will not be writing anymore but you've left us with a treasure of wonderful stories to reread and enjoy. You will be missed.
Melody-Rose-20 chapter 4 . 2/14/2016
Oooh, a very promising ending.
ScarlettOR chapter 4 . 2/14/2016
This story is coming from a very unique angle which also allowed Rhett to look into Scarlett's mind. I really enjoy this lovely story, and thank you for completing it.
Carol CR chapter 4 . 2/10/2016
Thank you for finishing this beautiful story! I'm sorry you're leaving the fandom, you're a great writer, you captured very well the characters of Mitchell 's masterpiece ! I wish you all the best, thank you again for sharing your stories with us!
skyebugs chapter 4 . 2/9/2016
So here we are, at the end. I still can't quite believe I'm writing this. I feel like - Threshold aside - this story's spanned our friendship, and I will miss our conversations about it (all 3,374,179 - I'm adding previous chapters as well). I'm not worried that we will run out of stuff to talk about - I'm a much slower writer AND practically every windie leaving the fandom has to entertain the possibility of returning to keep the gossip down - but still it does feel like the end of an era.

You pretty much know all the things I like about the chapter - though those two lines ("I have a bad habit of spoiling those I love." and "Let's go see about our daughter") do need to be singled out again. I love the way this ends with the necklace, mirroring Scarlett's memory of getting off the train in Atlanta ready to start their new life together.

Thank you for writing this story. Thank you for writing all of your stories and for letting me be a small part of them. And you know, we'll always have Philippe...
skyebugs chapter 1 . 2/9/2016
So, seeing how I haven't commented on the last three chapters, I thought I could just as well comment on all of them. I think this first chapter remains my favorite overall - just because it does such an amazing job with Rhett's emotions at a very complicated moment in the book. You can definitely see his mixture of pride, bitterness and hurt, and the way he does his best to channel all all his tender emotions and hope towards Bonnie. It is just so perfectly in character and so rich in detail.

I also realize now that actually I do recall some parts of this chapter so vividly as if they were in canon - the line about "memories, bright and hard like cut glass wedged into his heart" (an image I'm always tempted to copy, unconsciously) and the episode in New Orleans, particularly the way they lose their train (I find that line quite funny). What I didn't remember, but liked a lot this time around, was the way you incorporated an echo of the bonnet scene in the beginning. That, and Scarlett turning the full force of her charm on a toddler, were probably my favorite things on the Bonnie/Scarlett side of the chapter.

Apparently, in my other review I advised you not to take eight months to deliver the next chapter. Oh, sweet summer child that I was...
skyebugs chapter 3 . 2/9/2016
I feel their conversation/fight was cathartic not just for them, but also for the reader. Scarlett is right that at this point he wronged her more than she wronged him and it is great to see that dam burst - I think the "you took everything away from me" line was very inspired in this respect, because it is accurate in some ways, but irrational enough that it highlights her anger. Having Rhett reflect on these revelations and realize that Scarlett has been living in invisible pain for a year (another great line) because of him was great. But I have to say that perhaps my favorite element in this chapter, because it is so Scarlett-esque, is how Scarlett realizes she missed Rhett and decides this is the one answer to the puzzle of her depression, as it was laid out in the previous chapter. I love it because her depressed state clearly stemmed from more than just that, but she has this capacity to narrow down on the central element and the one that, most conveniently, she thinks she can now solve.