Reviews for The Necklace
I love this
gabyhyatt chapter 4 . 8/5
Great fic, i love it
Truckee Gal chapter 4 . 5/19
An ending that offers hope ... for Bonnie to live a long life ... for Rhett and Scarlett to parent together ... for them to be a healthy, happy family. So pleased you had Rhett apologize, in words, to Scarlett and gave him patience with her. Also love that Rhett's gentle teasing has returned. I liked this story and like it even more because there was no lengthy wait time!
Truckee Gal chapter 3 . 5/19
It takes a lot of fire and brimstone to get these two itemizing their grievances! After browbeating and demeaning her, Rhett did listen to Scarlett list how he took three major, devastating actions against her. He had the courage to admit to himself that she was right, but he was a coward for not admitting and apologizing to her. Even now, courage and cowardice are at war within him. A tough couple chapters that could be the key to righting what went so horribly wrong between them. Ball's in your court, Rhett.
Truckee Gal chapter 1 . 5/19
It's good for Rhett to see that Scarlett cares for Bonnie and has some fine mothering skills. The flashback to their honeymoon in New Orleans was sweet; it contrasted sharply and sadly with their meeting in the hallway.
gumper chapter 1 . 12/6/2017
Just read this one again - definitely one of my favorites!

It's remarkable how much you are able to so adequately cover between S&R in just 4 chapters...

The whole necklace issue is brilliant - a perfect way to get them talking/fighting/engaged at this point in time when in the novel they are essentially not communicating at all. The 3 perspectives (Bonnie, S & R) on this piece of jewelry all seem very true to character and the honeymoon backstory of its original acquisition adds another nice layer of emotional depth to the tug of war.

Rhett apologized...RHETT APOLOGIZED! What a concept - yes; overdue but so welcome nonetheless.

I wish that this could have gone on longer...I'm still dying to know the "one thing" that he was about to disclose before interruption...but such a well done story nonetheless.
Guest chapter 4 . 6/19/2017
Oh, that was so good! :)
Guest chapter 4 . 12/17/2016
What a beautiful ending. Very realistic, especially that you didn't try to get them to talk about everything in one conversation. Lovely storytelling. I've also lost intrest in ff but I still come back every once in a while.
LilianClassic chapter 4 . 8/16/2016
Aha, I remember reading this as a senior in high school, now I'm graduated university and working my first job :p I'm glad you finished this story, and after rereading it I really loved the ending. It's so simple yet it works so well. I think if Rhett had sucked it up and apologized for some of his more grievous acts then things might have turned out a lot better. I realized after reading the book again that all he does is run away and he's not much better than Scarlett in their marriage, especially when it comes to Bonnie. I loved how you ended it with his apology I'm saying, and he did it in such a smooth way that it really works and felt in character to me. Thanks again for writing and have fun out in the real world lol.
MysticSong1978 chapter 4 . 7/23/2016
This is a wonderful story! I loved it!
heresvivi chapter 4 . 7/22/2016
Beautiful story! I loved it.
twilighternproud chapter 4 . 5/4/2016
LOVE IT

I can't believe it took 6 years hahaahha that's amazing
gumper chapter 4 . 3/11/2016
what is the last thing he must say?!
Scarlett Jaimie chapter 4 . 2/20/2016
I can see the future! And it is bright! :) Endings are always difficult to write, no wonder you struggled but it was all worth it. Well done!

I love how you wrote Rhett's apology; it was not corny or OOC, it was perfect and it made my eyes go wet. Brilliant how you made her aware of his love for her without any over the top declarations; I can actually imagine him letting her know this way. Such a nice fic that leaves us with hope. Thank you.

Sorry to read that you will not be writing anymore but you've left us with a treasure of wonderful stories to reread and enjoy. You will be missed.