Reviews for Operation: MARRYING
Love Favoritism chapter 3 . 12/6/2016
- Kuki and Mushi fighting (Mushi's really spoiled, and Mushi thinks Kuki's the favorite daughter of the Sanban family)

Kuki Sanban: Spoiled!

Mushi Sanban: Favorite!

Actually, HERE IT IS! The beginning of the teen KND comic series. I'll start off with intro to each of the main characters with their siblings, as to give a quick glance into how their sibling relationship became after the KND and teen wars is all behind them. First character intro in their teen years belongs to Kuki and Mushi! I decided to keep Mushi's color light purple, and give her twin pigtails to keep that "two grouped hair" look. MY interpretation is that after whatever happened after she ran away with King Sandy, Kuki now realized her sister's true personality. Mushi also gave up her facade. Then she came back. Somehow. So the loving sisters now turned to bitter rivalry. Mushi is insanely jealous of her older sister and believes Kuki is the favorite one. And I do mean insane in the almost literal sense.

Kuki is 17 and Mushi is 13.

To make things clearer:

- The shouting in the 5th panel is Kani (the dad)'s screaming. I should've drawn his head there to make it clear, but I didn't have the time to redesign the parents yet.

- They are fighting over a shoe. I found it hard to make it look like a shoe when parts of it gets obstructed by their hands. But then jewelries are too small.

Kuki Sanban: It's mine! Give it to me!

Mushi Sanban: Nooooo! You haven't used it for forever! Gimme that!

Kuki Sanban: But it's two sizes and it's too big for your foot!

Mushi Sanban: But I like the color!

Kani Sanban: Mushi, give it back to back to your sister already! You can use them when she gives them to you!

Mushi Sanban: The favorite always gets everything and gets away with it. What a surprise!

Kuki Sanban: Mushi, stop using that excuse. Try to be more reasonable.
We're gonna be late and it's all your fault!

Mushi Sanban: Well it's your fault for being the favorite!

Kuki Sanban: What does that mean?

Mushi Sanban: Shut up!

MY interpretation is that after whatever happened after she ran away with King Sandy, now Kuki realized her sister's true personality. Mushi also gave up her facade. Then she came back. Somehow.
So the loving sisters now turned to bitter sister rivalry. Mushi is insanely jealous of her older sister and believes Kuki is the favorite one. And I do mean insane in the almost literal sense. To be honest, parental favoritism's more interesting, ins't it? Mushi still doesn't like Kuki at all. First of all, her and her stupid toy got her grounded for past three years ago! Second of all, her boyfriend, Sandy used to have a crush on her and lastly, her parents obviously favor Kuki over her. So, Mushi resents her biological older sister, but idolizes Kuki's best friend, Abigail Lincoln. Mushi wishes Abigail was her sister, instead of Kuki. Abigail, being the level-headed and chill girl she is, convinced the Sanban's how unrealistic and unfair a "life" grounding would be, so they decided that three years of being grounded was enough for their youngest daughter. So, how does Mushi react? By favoring Abigail over Kuki, and rejecting Kuki as an older sister figure. Instead, she calls Abigail her older sister, much to Kuki's irritation. She wants Mushi to look up to her, not Abby! Abigail can't really help that, she never asked Mushi to look up to her, it just happened. In this, Abigail joins Captain StickyBeard once she's turned thirteen, and still has full memory of her time in KND. She's more on neutral terms with everything. She's come to terms with growing up, but still believes you shouldn't just let your childhood slip away. Grow old, but don't grow up, that's her motto. Although her and Kuki don't really have much in common anymore, Abigail still holds onto their friendship. Mushi, resenting her sister and what happened with the Count, hates Rainbow Monkeys. Her room is completely wiped out of Rainbow Monkeys (with the exception of her closet, which has destroyed remains of the toys). She isn't part of the KND, preferring to be able to keep her memories of her childhood. She's a lone wolf, using her art tools as weapons. She's usually found following Abigail around, if not around Abigail, then she's either in her room, in detention, or with her boyfriend Sandy. Kuki doesn't remember anything about the KND (assuming it was all their childish imagination), and has fallen into the girly-girl stereotype. Makeup (especially nail polish), boy bands, boys (more specifically, Wally), and a love of shopping have taken over her life. She still adores the cuteness of the Rainbow Monkey, holding onto her old toys just for collectors sake. She tries to bond with her little sister, not remembering why Mushi was grounded, nor remembering the other incidents, but Mushi refuses to accept Kuki's apologies (saying that, since she doesn't remember, they have no ground). Kuki is actually jealous of Abigail. Not only does she have her little sister's love and admiration, but she's always so calm under stress, and the boys think she's cool enough to hang out with!
Sibling Rivalry chapter 3 . 6/24/2016

Kuki is 17 and Mushi is 13.

To make things clearer:

Kuki Sanban: It's mine! Give it to me!

Mushi Sanban: Nooooo! You haven't used it for forever! Gimme that!

Kuki Sanban: But it's two sizes and it's too big for your foot!

Mushi Sanban: But I like the color!

Kuki Sanban: Mushi, stop using that excuse. Try to be more reasonable.
We're gonna be late and it's all your fault!

Mushi Sanban: Well it's your fault for being the favorite!

Kuki Sanban: What does that mean?

Mushi Sanban: Shut up!

Man, I can't stand love hate relationships! I can't stand any worst changes and any other worst changes. We especially hate sibling drama tension. We can't stand sibling rivalries. We'll never ever even get out of the shadows of sibling rivalries.
EmeraldTyphoon47 chapter 3 . 6/21/2013
Great story! I think it was a shame that it was never shown what actually happened with Sandy and Mushi in the show; you prtrayed a possible scenario very nicely.
holyshizpickle chapter 3 . 11/6/2010
awwww a perfect evil couple.
cartuneslover17 chapter 3 . 8/10/2010
Poor Joe, I feel for him. :( He's so cute, it's ALMOST heartbreaking to see him being a bad guy. Bad guy kids are just hot! :D

And talk about burn! Mushi got Kuki good and Sandy just stabbed Wally like a knife with the truth. The truth DOES hurt, duh! :D

And King and Queen...how delightfully evil. Can't wait to see what other mayhem they'll do in the future! :)
cartuneslover17 chapter 2 . 8/9/2010
Oh, I live Joe! :D It's awesome that the child villains are, in a way, like the KND. I'm kind of surprised Numbuh 3 isn't happy Mushi is getting married, of course, how could she? Sandy almost married her before Mushi came along! Update soon!
Gamewizard2008 chapter 2 . 8/9/2010
Good chapter, but you spelled "Balooka" wrong. It's spelled... well, like that. Not "Balochi".
cartuneslover17 chapter 1 . 8/8/2010
I was pissed when Mushi got grounded for like forever! Even though she can be evil, she's not as annoying as Kuki. I think I like her evil side best about her.

King Sandy is one child villain I REALLY liked in the show. I'm glad he chose Mushi as his queen over Kuki; they are so cute together! He's her knight in shining armor!

And yes, I remembered their little cameo in INTERVIEWS all too well. For some reason, I was hoping they would win...

Anyway, awesome start! I think it'll be cute how they get married! Update soon! :)