Reviews for Anchored
Want more chapter 16 . 4/8/2013
I'm sorry I cant help but feel disappointed that i read all that and Gabby an Xena still haven't "hooked up" Please tell me more is coming.
kazywaz chapter 1 . 3/20/2013
Hi Rebecca.I really liked this story but had issues with Xena's character. I know a lot of reviews here said that the story was true to Xena's character. Certain parts were, but other parts not so much. The fundamental piece missing that makes Xena unique among women fictional characters: the dark energy that makes her the predatory, hungry warrior that she is. While she is someone who has impaired interpersonal skills, and might have switched her focus to helping people rather than killing them, it didn't mean that her personal libido went the way of the vestal virgins. I never saw Xena as this Dudley DoRight warrior. She is a lusty, robust, energetic woman and the idea that Xena would allow Gabrielle to be pursued by someone else while she placidly watched, or the notion that she would remain passive while Gabrielle might find love with someone else rings false. Xena is aggressive, she's violent, rough, fiery and easily agitated, and she most certainly is a sensual and possessive creature.

The Greater Good explanation for not pursuing an erotic relationship contradicts what had already been addressed on the show. Xena had reached a point in their relationship where Gabrielle became more important to her than her quest for redemption. She put Gabrielle before the Greater Good in "The Deliverer", in "One Against an Army" and in "The Legacy" (and those are only the ones I can remember) so the whole "Greater Good" issue isn't viable as to why Xena refuses to be intimate with Gabrielle.

Not to mention the whole Greater Good message from the show, I always thought, was for the kiddies anyway and not the adults. It was kind of cheesy in its Christian moralizing, an anachronistic doctrine that the show inserted into ancient Greek culture, that had no relevance, nor did it appear in any belief system 2500 years ago. It unfortunately created a fan fiction genre that portrayed Xena as this noble, honorable tormented hero that you read in Harlequin romances that left behind her past misdeeds to walk the path of righteousness. It also, unfortunately completely desexualizes her, disempowers her and makes her appear frigid. Romantic? I guess so if you like the bleak Victorian age romances of "special friendships".

When you take away the erotic in a relationship, you take away its passion and undermine its strength and without the erotic intimacy, the connection between them is less meaningful and enduring, less devoted, less urgent. Ask anyone who has read the great heterosexual romances in literature, how meaningful they would be, had they been just friends.

Damn, I wish you would have finished this story to see where it would have gone to. You're a damn good writer and you sure know how to write dialog and create angst. But this story needs closure regarding the explanation of "The Greater Good" as a reason for a neutered Xena and why there's no sexual pursuit given flight here.
Bexteron chapter 16 . 2/27/2012
I have honestly really enjoyed reading this so far. I hope you are continung it? i can't wait to see how it all ends and how the characters will develop further. Plus, you seem to be really good at writing "Intimate" moments. I had to fan my face a couple of times to keep from blushing! :)
Angelsheart85 chapter 16 . 2/12/2012
so meeting in Crete huh? :D And I sooo hoped Xena and Gab will have some time for themselves :D
ideasofmany chapter 15 . 2/11/2012
Nice new chapter and to see where they currently are and are progressing slowly but surely. There is a sweetness to the dialogue you write that is unique and enjoyable.
Angelsheart85 chapter 15 . 2/11/2012
u maybe havent updated in a long time, but u neverttheless spoiled me with this story for sure coz it is soo slow and dunno...beautiful? yes beautiful... the way u try to slowly develop things between the two of them... :) sigh... really beautiful and i truly enjoy literally every word of it :D
damad chapter 15 . 2/9/2012
YESSSS! A brand new chapter updating both couples! Please don't keep us waiting...
Angelsheart85 chapter 14 . 11/26/2011
thanks a lot for taking time and writing the story! :)
Angelsheart85 chapter 10 . 11/26/2011
ok whom should I kill now -.-
Angelsheart85 chapter 9 . 11/26/2011
well at this point i do think its shifting a bit form the original characters of Xena and Gab, but anyway you really weaved a wonderful story so far :)
Guest chapter 14 . 6/15/2011
I stopped by hoping for an update and there was one - yeah. Interesting turn to move the story forward a couple of years. Addie & Alix happily moving forward raising a their child. Gabrielle & Xena more or less back to status quo. Only difference is xena appears to appreciate G more. Gabrielle still holding out hope for more.

Please don't give up on this story. Hopefully your muse continues to inspire you. I'm wishing for xena to come to her senses and return the loves Gabrielle unselfishly gives. You know in real life, this would have been torture for the bard. I wonder how long G can really hold out until she finally allows herself to get what she deserves.
liz chapter 14 . 3/31/2011
Yessssss! An update! Oh, I am so glad you haven't forgotten this one! And with another GREAT chapter, no less. Things seem to be getting very intimate between Xena and Gabrielle, though they haven't "taken the next step".

I assume at some point Alix and Adelai are going to meet up with them again. I am curious to find out how and what the outcome will be. Will there be awkwardness between Alix and Gabrielle? Will Adelai be hostile towards her lover's ex? Is that tribal girl gone for good?

I look forward to your next installment. Thanks for all your hard work and please continue this!

Cheers!
kitten in the rainbow chapter 14 . 3/30/2011
still a wonderful story, especially the campfire scene with Xena and Gabby, love it!
SeetheRed chapter 1 . 3/30/2011
I'm so glad you updated! Life is good. ;)
KaisaNaara chapter 14 . 3/30/2011
"This was how she hoped every night of the rest of her life would end."

Awwww! That was sweet x3 I hope the whole story won't end up in tragic way?