Reviews for Coffee Between Friends
heyarnoldforeverandever chapter 1 . 3/2/2014
Cute story. It was nice to see Arnold not falling over Lila so much.I am glad that they would become friends. I think that is what would happen. (:
The Gooseberry Catastrophe Is Me chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
I really loved this! It was nice to see Lila in a good light, and her and Arnold just as friends with their own love lives. I was worried when I saw the Arnold/Lila tag, but I really liked it! Awesome sauce! :)
HAFanForever chapter 1 . 10/6/2010
Hey this is a nice little story. It's nice to write a fic about these two as friends only. There's no reason why they can't be friends, and I'm sure Helga is good friends with Lila at this point as well.

Yep, absence does make the heart grow fonder. I guess that's why they still loved each other even while Arnold was away.

I have a strong hunch that Arnie is Arnold's maternal cousin and that Arnie's mother would be Stella's sister. It just works for me, you know? Who knows if Lila will ever end up with Arnie... *shakes head*

Whoa, use protection? That's probably the best advice Phil could ever give Arnold! And yes, Arnold and Helga's anniversary is in October...think about that, Arnold!

Again, nice little one-shot, buddy!
acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
Again, great job here.

Keep the good writing.
Aoife Miranda chapter 1 . 8/8/2010
You know, I'm really glad to see a fic on here where Arnold and Lila are just friends. They're not going out, neither of them is pining for the other, Lila isn't a bitch, and Arnold isn't out of character and pining for her. Members of the opposite sex can be friends without there being something between them, but for whatever the reason, that's hard for people to understand. Another thing I don't get either is when people get bothered by married people keeping in touch and maintaining their friendships with their single friends. It's ridiculous. But, I'm getting off my soapbox now.

So. The dialogue between Arnold and Lila was truly seamless and it flowed together really well. I liked that they could just sit down together and have a cup of coffee without it turning into some fiasco or debate over the whole "I like you like you" crap. Plus, it was nice to hear about their lives, along with Gerald, Phoebe, and Rhonda thrown in for good measure. I liked that, since it balanced out all the Arnold & Helga narration.

Beautiful work as always!
Azure129 chapter 1 . 8/8/2010
Aw, I liked this a lot :) It was just a really cute indirect look at how things end up turning out for our favorite couple! Lol, and I like your A/N in the beginning assuring people that this was just going to be ARnold and Lila getting coffee (because you KNOW that everyone's going to see it's them sitting down and then assume that 'passions get revealed' or someone accidentally cheats on someone or jealousy flares or-you know what I mean, lol ;) ). Anyway, loved the one shot, NintendoGal! Very cute and well done!

Thanks!

~Azure ;)
loonytunecrazy chapter 1 . 8/8/2010
Another exllcent fic here cool job with Arnold and Lila's convestion
JToTheAde chapter 1 . 8/8/2010
Awwww, this was so nice. I loved it!
MagicHateBall chapter 1 . 8/8/2010
Ooh, another A/L fanfic on page 1. Color me intrigued...

Reposting from DA because I'm lazy...

As Larry David might put it, this is a fic about nothing, and that's what makes it so enjoyable for me. It's nice to see these two getting along after grade school and sharing casual friendly moments like this.

One thing that puzzles me, though, is that Gerald and Phoebe would get engaged before college and then set a marriage date for some time AFTER college. Also, is it me, or is "Don't be sorry about apologizing" kind of a rude thing to say to someone when you really think about it?

Anyway, this is some fine work. Clean up the dialogue a bit and you've got yourself a real winner.