Reviews for Afterlife
ArcaneMaverick chapter 13 . 8/20/2014
WTF? You put yourself in here? WHY? I'm done.
ArcaneMaverick chapter 10 . 8/19/2014
X would be a far better teacher for Roll than Bass. Bass knows himself, but that's it. He can't train anyone because he lacks empathy, sympathy and tact. He's not as smart and doesn't understand the technology and politics of this time period. He is brute force. X is more intelligent and creative which would mesh better with Roll's abilities and thoughts.

Has X acted "emo" in front of Bass? I don't think so. I think that's you projecting that stupid X stereotype.

I'm disappointed. That Roll cleaning Signas' office was cute and interesting. Why would you bother to include repercussions for that. To emphasize Roll's lack of place? That's silly. She could easily find something to do or be upgraded or taught how to do something useful that she could enjoy. X could do that for her if they just talked, but you are skewing X's personality to arbitrarily create some conflict in the future. She is his older sister after all. He would listen to her wants and needs and try to help.

I think you handled the Roll-in-the-future fairly poorly. Bass is an easier fit, but with Roll, there should be far more interest in the past or family or something. I would be that she and X would be inseparable considering how much was sacrificed for him to live. And X would want to know everything he could about his family in the past. She has plenty of non-combat use. I don't like that you are arbitrarily sending X off on an inconsequential mission. Especially with teleporting, there is no excuse that he couldn't be back in an instant.

The Roll and Zero hair thing was adorable. Now that was a great conversation. That's exactly the sort of thing you should have had earlier.

WTF? WIly had more to do with Protoman than Rock or Roll. Where are you getting that information?

I'm disappointed by Zero's reaction to the braid. It was an overreaction. The funniest thing to do would have been to embrace it. That would throw the joke back in Bass' face.

Roll could definitely help or do hair with the other Navigators. I'm sure they'd like it.

Bass is a little bitch sometimes.

I wrote so much because I care. I like parts of all this stuff and I wished for improvements despite that it's already complete and old and I'm wasting my breath.
ArcaneMaverick chapter 9 . 8/19/2014
I want more X and Roll moments! Them together is fun and cute. Family time!

I felt that if anyone should train Roll, it should be X. Bass should also come to respect X's power and judgement. He's better in everyway. I want X to shut Bass's attitude down. Roll is X's responsibility now and Bass claiming that X has no call in this is plain wrong.
OakheadLord chapter 6 . 5/19/2012
"Volk" is Russian for "wolf", not "volkovoi".
OakheadLord chapter 2 . 5/18/2012
AWE,COME ON YOUR DONE WITH THE STORY? I wanted to be a Maverick... Oh well, nice story so far, especially the fight scene and Bass's personality.
Teribane chapter 19 . 12/15/2011
Um. Was this supposed to be 7point5? Because it displays as Chapter 75. D

Otherwise, very angsty but also... well, kind of sickly-sweet cute? And Aengus is awesome. :3
Re the Maverick Hunter chapter 14 . 7/10/2011
Axls death ! D:
MungoJerry chapter 18 . 1/13/2011
I'll be interested to read it! I don't know if you did this or not, but I like thinking about the story as having shifted into a parallel universe- all the same characters are still there, they'll just be existing in a different context. IE Signas and the Maverick Hunters still come about, they just don't have to worry about the Sigma Virus.

I guess I just like thinking about it that way- it's depressing to think that so many interesting characters would be "erased."
Shadow Fox777 chapter 18 . 1/12/2011
Yes yes yes, Awesome! Poor Roll, but sadly, no power in this world can bring back the dead. Human life is fleeting. That's the nature of things.
GlassSuicune chapter 18 . 1/12/2011
Sorry for taking so long to review! Anyways, this was very good. :D
Teribane chapter 18 . 1/11/2011
You're alive! :D XD

So Roll is, um, mostly happy. Sort of. Except there's no Dr. Light. D:

It is a nice chapter thing though. I can pretty easily picture

Looking forward to your next story! And make sure to stick lots of Forte and Blues in too. XD
Shadow Fox777 chapter 17 . 12/12/2010
I seem to have missed a lot. heheh. wow, this was a very interesting way to end the series. For now. eh. I'm still loopy from my meds. But at least, not loopy enough to not realize it! because I do. The X series is my favorite I thinks. But I did have a leap in my heart when you where mentioning the ZX series. I Loves that one to. 3. It was the bait that got me hooked. Weee I love it!
Goddra2 chapter 17 . 12/11/2010
Sorry about China, there. Never been in a Chinese elevator before.

Fun little chapter, here, which makes me feel a lot better (I still remember Proto Man crumbling to pieces - not fun).

I like how you kept Cut Man's cut-puns here, though I guess the only real thing about his speech that detracted was his narration of what had just happened when he realized how bad he'd gaffed, but that's forgiveable.

I look forward to your next installment.
kaelenmitharos chapter 16 . 12/6/2010
Hmm. I'm not sure whether I"m a fan of breaking the fourth wall for the author insertion; it trivializes the characters a bit, in that their lives and interests become less real. On the other hand, I think you did an excellent job writing yourself. I doubt my old wizard avatar Kael could take any of his characters seriously if he appeared in-story.

Now with that said, I wonder how Roll expects to change the course of human history, even with your help. I hope you know enough history to know that only the Gospel can save the world from its own self-destruction. Other methods turn out to be insufficient to prevent men from destroying one another. Further, even the Gospel works only insofar as people willingly accept it and live by its standards. Perhaps I'm looking at a principle of human behavior rather than of literature, but it's a point worth considering if you're asking Roll to help you change the world. Or do you believe people like Weil, Wily, and Sigma wouldn't arise in every generation?

Thanks very much for the excellent story. I particularly enjoyed the bonus features, and the Christmas story. Afterlife was a good and for the most part a pleasant read.
Goddra2 chapter 16 . 12/2/2010
"It's the thought that counts." - Sigma

Oh, dear, I had to laugh so hard at that one. Thanks for including me in this last chapter (Clzh and X say hi). Glad to see this ended on a cheery note. Your welcome for all the reviews, and I hope to see more of your work in the future.

And on that note, I only picked this name because its about as old as Clzh and -X are. :P Haven't thought up anything better.