Reviews for The Wedding Present
Lover of gays chapter 1 . 4/5/2014
iCareAboutHim chapter 12 . 11/9/2013
Hm.. it's a bit hard to believe that Brian didn't get into any kind of outburst when Justin revealed what he was up to. When he learnt that Justin knew about his cancer, he went mad. Well, cuz he was scared. They went through that, I know, and so many more, but this time, Justin not only knew, he met them, talked to them, made PLANS for them while Brian not only didn't know about those PLANS but also about the people's existence. I know he loves Justin a whole lot and it's not his fault, but I would still expect him to retort a sarcastic remark on him a bit annoyed or angry.. Of course, then come to senses, but still... it IS a very big secret.

Also, him being Hopeful that his father is coming? I don't think Brian is that clueless. He was the one who told Michael that Justin was not coming back, when he told Brian that his trip was being extended. I would except Brian to accept it at once, that his father would not be coming. Senator life would not be needing a "son". Or something.

I like your writing style, though. The "way" they talk really sounds like them, just sometimes not "what" they say.
iCareAboutHim chapter 6 . 11/9/2013
Justin is asking Brian's grandparents if THEY want to meet HIM. Did it occur to him that maybe HE wouldn't want to meet THEM? He can't make such life-changing decisions on his own. Even if he IS his life partner. WEll, almost.
iCareAboutHim chapter 4 . 11/9/2013
I like this story, but I just wonder why in the world is Justin SO happy that Brian was adopted? I mean I know how shitty his adoptive parents were to him, but that still doesn't mean that his REAL parents would be any different. Well, I'm sure you made it the way you wanted, but Justin couldn't possibly know that yet. And no matter what, the mere thought that you were GIVEN UP by your REAL parents, wouldn't really please me all that much.

I don't know... I just find it hard to imagine him being overexcited about it, when he still doesn't know ANYTHING about them. It would have been more logical to have such reaction when he actually met them and learned why they gave him up and all that stuff..

I mean, if it were me... I would be feeling even worse... I would be feeling -unwanted-.
MistaBella chapter 31 . 7/7/2013
I throughly loved this story and look very forward to the sequel. I wish I found this show sooner (while it was on air) and fan fiction. But I can see a lot of the on air show characters over there 5 years here in this continuation. I wish Showtime would do a 3 night 2 hour each night continuation of the show. But since they did not I got my happy ending here even though the writers implied some of this in the last episodes.
Guest chapter 31 . 6/17/2013
This story was, as Brian would say «ridiculously romantic», and I loved every word of it! Thank you for creating a story that not only made Brian and Justin's wedding seem plausible (the mockingbird- lol!) but also introduced four very interesting OCs. This was brilliantly written, extremely touching and very in character. Thank you so much, off to read the sequel! :)
Minnesota Fireball Wolf chapter 31 . 5/14/2013
I love this story! I'm really happy that Brian got a new and better family. I also really liked how it was focused on the wedding. I look forward to starting the sequel.
stoker fangirl chapter 31 . 2/3/2013
Great story-this was a unique plot, and I really like your original characters. Thanks for writing.
Angel-eyes56 chapter 31 . 2/1/2013
Oh this was another joy to read! I'm so glad that Brian and Justin got their happy ending and in the process Brian found grandparents and a father that truly want him in their lives. It was a lovely gift that Justin gave him and it made everything the more sweeter on their wedding day. I adored the friendship between Justin and Tony, Brian and Fin stand no chance when those two blonds put their minds together. I'll be checking out the sequel as soon as I can.
Life 4 Love chapter 31 . 1/19/2013
OMFG! O_o
This is it! This is it, the best end for QaF final season! This scene that I want to happen in QaF 5!
This story is SUPERB AMAZING, Kim! You know what I can't stop smiling when I read it & especially with additional surprise about the truth of Brian's parents... Thanks God Kinney's couple is just Brian's foster parents cause I can't accept it a great man like Brian has homophobic parents like them! _

The best thing is this new family loves Brian very much, even they just know each other in short time but they bonded immediately. I know Brian longing to feel of family's love & the greatest thing is his Sunshine give it to him as the wedding present. I love Sean & Kathy so much cause they can accept Brian sexuality even they religiously enough... :)
Who will guess his true father indeed like his twin (ofc Fin is older), not only they had same built, face, manners (Fin had better manner, though) & same successfully path in their own job but also they had same taste of blond twink! XDD
I like to hear it whenever Fin call Tony "Baby", gosh that ridiculously romantic! I imagine it if Brian call Justin like that, WOW I thought I can die just to think about that! LOL

And the wedding part, gosh that's so perfect! Kyaa...XD
Emmet is so amazing & gosh Brian do something that I never imagine or dreaming it to be happen, Brian Kinney do the most "ROMANTIC" things to Sunshine, I really grinning like crazy when I read it! _

Seriously Kim, I do really hope your story can be happen in QaF 5 so I really can die in peace after I watch it...XDD
Well, even that impossible but just read this story make my heart content, from my deepest of heart I want to say... Thank you so very much Kimberly to present this ridiculously romantic, amazing, the greatest & the most beautiful story of BJ's love life ever! I love it so fucking much... :D

Hana

P.S : I'm on my way to read the sequel & I guess I'll die for the 2nd time when I read the "honeymoon" part...XD
RazzleJazzle21 chapter 31 . 1/14/2013
Le Sob* Love. Love everything. Love the story. Love the characters. Love the fantastic author who wrote something so amazingly perfect. 3 THANK YOU!
RazzleJazzle21 chapter 27 . 1/14/2013
*insert sobbing and wailing noises here* WAHHHH! My boys are finally married and Brian actually has a real family there that loves him! :) && Debbie cracked me up with her little glare down of anyone who would even DARE mess up her Sunshine's wedding lol
RazzleJazzle21 chapter 13 . 1/14/2013
I am madly in love with this story so far, I've read everything up to this point with tears in my eyes and I just...LOVE it. I wont be able to stop ready till I finish. Thank you for an amazing story so far!
Guest chapter 31 . 12/31/2012
I thoroughly enjoyed this story. I had began reading the sequel and was well into it when I decided to stop and read this first installmen first. There were some details that counteracted with one another, but not enough to detract from the story. All in all it was a good read and I can't wait to get back to the sequel.
badwolfsaves chapter 31 . 8/21/2012
this story was incredible! really great plot and characterization! cant wait to read the sequel.