Reviews for Matters of the Heart, Matters of the Mind
moosesquirrelkittenandking chapter 1 . 4/20/2013
Oh my God. I love it. The grammar and spelling could use some work, but the dialogue is gold.
esinger chapter 5 . 10/1/2012
Amazing! I love it and see you at the sequel!
anon chapter 4 . 6/17/2012
Oh, way to go, McGee! Tony says he's embarrassed about something he said while in shock, so you go ahead and tell Ziva what it is. So even if he clears the air with you, he still has to worry about somebody else knowing what happened!

facepalms
anon chapter 2 . 6/17/2012
Closing the laptop on Tim's fingers may have been silly, but there is NO way it could have bruised him. I highly doubt it would even have hurt-it's light plastic, for crying out loud, not a wooden chest or metal box lid!

I realize that it's required that a McNozzo slash or gen fic glorifies McGee and villainizes DiNozzo, but get real.
anon chapter 5 . 6/30/2011
Oh my god i absolutely love this story! The storyline and everything else is just perfect! Im so happy theres a sequel and im gonna start reading it right now! :)
Dreamer22 chapter 5 . 3/8/2011
very interesting thus far, off to see what happens now!
IGottaFindYou chapter 5 . 1/13/2011
"I didn't think so. And for the record, I'm not as uninterested or disgusted as you're apparently so sure I should be. Maybe you should do something about it."

...AWesome.:) That was basically a, "Make a MOVE, damnit!" and I LOVED it!:)
IGottaFindYou chapter 4 . 1/13/2011
It was shark week on the Discovery Channel, and he intended to make the most of his day off.

...Yup, no better way to make yourself feel better than to watch man-eating sharks devour unsuspecting victims...:P:P

Tim was trying very hard not to think of Tony, because if he went down that path he was bound to lose his dinner.

...Boy, what a compliment to Tony THAT is...!:P:P:P

"McGee."

"Hey, Probie."

...YAY!:):) TONY MADE THE FIRST MOVE!:):P

"Hold on, there's somewhat at my door."

...1) 'somewhat'?:P 2) YES! It's the old 'call-him-when-you're-outside-his-door' trick! I LOVE that trick!:):):)

He opened the door to reveal Ziva with Scrabble and a six pack of beer.

...Ah nuts.:P

Tony can't be gay, he just can't be.

...OH...yes he can.:):P Believe me, I've read enough Tony slash-fics to know that it's possible...:P:P:P
IGottaFindYou chapter 3 . 1/13/2011
"Tony has asked to see Ducky and Gibbs, and…" she didn't seem to know how to say it gently, "he says that McGee should go home because he does not wish to see him."

...AW...!:(:(:(:(:(

"He was a little moody while I was in there. The nurse said it was because of the medicine. And he's tired, so maybe he just has something to say something to Gibbs and Ducky, and nothing important to say to you."

...Well, gee, THAT should make him feel better!:P
IGottaFindYou chapter 2 . 1/13/2011
Ducky was holding Abby, and Gibbs was glaring at Tim.

...Aw...! Don't be mad at Timmy, Gibbs!

The ambulance had finally arrived a few hour-long minutes after Tony had gone unconscious.

...'hour-long minutes', I like that.:):P

Finally, Tim's nausea passed, and Ducky gently placed his hand to Tim's forehead. "You should go home, sleep and drink a lot of water. If you're feeling better in the morning, then you can come back to the hospital. Timothy, you didn't shoot Anthony; you saved his life." Then Ducky left.

...Should McGee really be driving after an episode like that?:P
IGottaFindYou chapter 1 . 1/13/2011
"Oh, come off it, McGoo. We both know that you love me because I'm the rebel you wish you could be."

...Hehe...that is kinda true...

As the criminal fell to the ground, Tim sprinted to Tony's side, dropping to his knees.

"McGoo, you fixed the computer." Tony's eyes were glassy, and he seemed to be going into shock.

...*Applauds* Well done.:):):P

"I'm bleeding?" Tony asked. "Did I ever tell you how cute you are when you're flustered, Timmy?"

...AW...!:):):)

The dispatcher said something that Tim didn't hear. Tim looked at his partner. "I don't hate you, Tony. Don't be ridiculous. … I'm sorry, what?"

The dispatcher sighed. "Do I need to stay on the line or are you okay?"

"Of course you do. You just said you did ten minutes ago," Tony accused.

"DiNozzo, I was angry because you shut the computer on my knuckles! I don't hate you, Tony." Tim was starting to panic.

"I'm sorry?" The dispatcher asked.

...SO funny!:):P
Jaygirl942 chapter 5 . 10/31/2010
Aww, this is awesome :) Off to read the sequel...
Doni chapter 5 . 10/30/2010
Nicely done.
Takaouto chapter 3 . 10/10/2010
Plot and spelling is fine. You really need to knuckle down on your grammar and phrasing.

You use phrases in the wrong way A LOT.

1) "Ziva nodded at Tim and took her leave for Tony's room." To take one's leave is to say goodbye, not to move somewhere or leave a room.

2) "Abby flounced down next to Tim and smiled at him." 'Flounce' is to move in an exaggeratedly impatient manner or to express one's annoyance through action. I doubt Abbey was doing either.

3) "He stumbled back over to the sink and washed his face and hands" for Tim to stumble BACK over to the sink, he had to have been there before. He wasn't.

4) "and Ziva surreptitiously discarded his coffee cup when she stood to throw away her own" 'Surreptitiously' means to keep something secret because it will not be approved of. Throwing away Tim's cup without trying to let him/anyone else notice is quite a different act to 'carrying on a surreptitious affair'.

5) "Tim was not as discrete as he had intended to be" The word you want there is 'discreet'. Discrete means 'individually separate and distinct'.

6) "Gibbs and Ducky reemerged into the waiting room" Same thing as going on in (3). Gibbs and Ducky can't RE-emerge when they haven't emerged from the room before.

7) "he yanked the half-filled page of writing in his typewriter out of the typewriter and threw it in a crumpled up ball across the room" This phrasing is awkward - you probably shouldn't have the word 'typewriter' in the same sentence twice. That's what third person pronouns are for! :)

By the way, these are all in chronological order so that you can find them easily. :) I seriously am really enjoying the plot though! XDD I heart unhappy Tim and in-shock!Tony. XDDD
boothandboneslove chapter 5 . 8/16/2010