Reviews for Whatever Happened to Captain Rex?
Awesome. Just plain awesome.
CheckSix chapter 3 . 5/17
Again, I really like how you approach this scene from both Rex's and Ahsoka's viewpoints. One of my favorite stylistic ploys is the use of stand-alone internal thoughts. For example, "Now, to stand up", "Can't hold it . . . " and "I have skills of my own; a lot of skills. When is Rex going to stop treating me like a kid? I'm older than he is." That last sentence, in particular, was one of my favorites because it's such an ironic truth and seems very much the sort of thing Ahsoka would be thinking.

And while I truly enjoy descriptive passages, there are times when short and to-the-point is more suitable. The entire exchange regarding "field-testing the new rounds" is a perfect example.

"Rex let out a grim laugh, but there was no humor in the sound.
Ahsoka wasn't laughing, either.
Finally, some accurate intel."

That was brilliant and really gave the reader a sense of how both of them are trying to hold it together with false humor and "straight faces".

I also like your professional terms for the pieces of armor. Cuisses and greaves and poleyn lend an air of credibility.

So, stylistically, that's my take.

From a story-teller standpoint, it's very nicely done. The reader certainly slowly let in on just how badly Rex is injured. We also get glimpses into the way Ahsoka thinks that Rex views her in this chapter, whereas the previous chapters were much more how Rex viewed Ahsoka. They are both very likeable and in character with the series.
CheckSix chapter 2 . 5/5
A general comment, first off: great action and tension in this chapter. I also like how we get a bit more insight into Ahsoka's thinking and her determination to protect Rex.

I particularly like Rex talking himself through the pain, trying to convince himself that if he can manage a quick field patch-up, he'll make it through until he get back to the Resolute. I thought that was very "in character" and made me think of Saleucami, where he's just had a hole blown in his chest and he wants to get back underway immediately. Very nicely written.

"Have I been flying with General Skywalker again" is a GREAT line! I loved when the series interjected little bits of humor into otherwise serious stories, and I like that you've done the same here!

Now, maybe you were intending this, but I noticed a sentence that gave me a good chuckle: " . . . batting back a brutal barrage of blaster shots" . . . whew! Lots of b's in there!

Another good grabber is when Ahsoka is noticing that Rex's armor isn't sporting the sort of "standard" damage, but rather that it's been "shattered". Good dramatic effect.

I did notice that in the first paragraph, one of the sentences seems to have been lopped off.

I enjoyed the chapter very much.
CheckSix chapter 1 . 4/21
Great first chapter. It catches the reader's attention right away! And while I love the action, I have to admit that it's your writing style that really shines. From a personal standpoint, I don't much like stories that go from one explosion to the next with nothing in between. What's engaging about your style is the very subtle insertion of internal thought - such as Rex's impression that Ahsoka is pressed too close and why does she need to be that close; his musings on watching her back; and the bits of actual internal dialogue, "not liking this place", "What kind of munitions generate that kind of heat". This brings the characters closer and makes the reader feel a greater intimacy with them, as opposed to just reading a series of actions.

Your descriptive and history passages are well-placed, not overly long, and do not interrupt the flow of the story. You know me, I love description! Lots of editors (and, I imagine, readers) don't like to slog through paragraphs of description; but I do! It helps me get a picture of the setting where the action is taking place.

One area that is a little off: The paragraph that starts "Mission accomplished," starts off from Rex's viewpoint but then switches abruptly to Ahsoka's opinion that he's swaggering. I think Ahsoka's view would stand well as a new paragraph that begins, "Ahsoka could swear . . . "

Just my two cents.

I tend to get quite detailed in my reviews, so if you prefer pm reviews, just let me know!
meep15 chapter 30 . 4/6
Twitch
Hannah chapter 93 . 3/18
oh shadow...me and mako both like 'em big...;p
Hannah chapter 92 . 3/18
you had to bring up gearshift, waxer and hardcase...didn't. you. i'm not even emotionally healed from echo either.
Hannah chapter 80 . 3/18
Your A/N had me cracking up...
Hannah chapter 78 . 3/18
I really liked this chapter. Especially about the part where Auset says not all of the relationship is about sex. i think that's an important part. sometimes just holding someone's good enough.
Thank you!
Hannah chapter 30 . 3/16
Having names submitted is a wonderful idea.
I love chance and odds so much it's not even funny.
thank you for making this story. I think it's important to show what happens to the troopers that don't make it home from battle. :( :(

THANK YOU SO MUCH! ( second time reading this story...and shadow's still my favorite. by the way. )
ameIiorate chapter 33 . 3/13
I love how you give all of the clones very detailed personalities! They all seem so individual
OtulissaOwl chapter 151 . 3/13
I'm finally finished! Oh wait... This story was amazing. I wanted to do a good review, but I can't. There is no other way to describe it.
For clones/andoans maybe you could use my Clone OC Kit? He got his name because he is obsessed with cats for no reason, and even got a tattoo of kitten on the side of his head. He has green stripes on his armor.
For Andoans maybe a woman named Lily. What if she has a son, who was born only a few months before the war?
Kazakhpyn chapter 17 . 3/12
Hi! Sorry im a little confused here... where it says "She leaned down and kissed Rex for a SECOND time." Is that meant to be for a FIRST time or anything because i dont think i missed any chapters before this one and they have not actually kissed yet before this moment. Thanks!
OtulissaOwl chapter 144 . 3/12
A Boba Fett story? Now, where is that? *Checks profile*
And, good chapter!
OtulissaOwl chapter 134 . 3/12
OH MY FORCE THEY NEVER TOOK APPO OUT OH MY FORCE I CAN'T STOP GIGGLING!
2,202 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »