Reviews for Of Newspapers and Bleeding Penguins
Leonora Chris chapter 1 . 10/14/2015
It's perfect, is all I can say.
redstickbonbon chapter 1 . 9/21/2014
This one shot is superb. I liked it so much that as soon as I finished, I read it through again. This may just be my favorite short NCIS fic. Well done!
lmill123 chapter 1 . 8/1/2014
Loved what you have written. Because Tony lives in the grey unlike the rest of hime team he should realize that he will always be the better cop, the better investagator and yes the better agent than the rest of his team combined. One thing Tony knows better than the rest including Vance and Ducky is human nature. Something the show clearly shows the rest of the team is lacking as they live in ther enclosed little worlds. Hello writers, time to finally let the real Tony DiNozzo out and not just that little bit at the begining of the show.
Cat and NCIS Obsessed chapter 1 . 4/20/2014
This story is beautifully written. I especially loved the quotes throughout, also the lines:
'He lives in a world of shadowy ambiguity, gray and rocky and uncertain. Not like Gibbs, who wants definite answers, who labels you villain or hero, who doesn't allow for second impressions or changed minds. Maybe that's how they did things in the Corps, but Tony knows his boss wouldn't last a day in Baltimore, where villains were the heroes and people's minds changed like the weather.'
'or himself, who cheated death so many times it's a wonder he hasn't been disqualified'
'Which was nice, because dye can come out, grass stains can be cleaned, pesto digested, newspapers smuggled out. Nothing's permanent, after all.'

A most brilliant story, well done.
csad21 chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
Hot damn, this story packed a punch. Well done, if that was the goal. I really love that this story is is dark and dramatic without coming nowhere near melodrama (in my humble opinion at least).

I like your analysis of the characters. I agree with all of it. And most days, I prefer to find a way to ignore it or else I'd never be able to read the type of fluffy fics I prefer. *wry grin*

It's hard to pick a favorite line here, because you really didn't overuse the words, but gotta say, these here are the most reverberating:

[ Tony knows his boss wouldn't last a day in Baltimore, where villains were the heroes and people's minds changed like the weather. ]

[ The Sig that's always been strapped to his side is now complimented by three shiny new knives, thanks to his sudden doubts in his team. It's not that he doesn't trust them; of course, he just trusts them a little less. (DiNozzos don't trust anyone.) He doesn't want to end up in a pool of his own blood because McGee didn't know killers could be nice people.

He thinks he probably will, anyway. ]

These lines pack a punch for me (especially that last one-"He thinks he probably will, anyway"), for many reasons. Because it's the reason Tony is such a fascinating character. Because it's so true. And because it would be where the show would be heading, if the writers thought ahead before writing the episodes (and damn, I would really love to see that sort of fallout like you described).

So, long rambling short: Loved the story.
Washington-Jones chapter 1 . 8/2/2011
This OS rocks a lot !
lindycat chapter 1 . 8/1/2011
Just found this wonderful fic. A great job of looking inside Tony's head at the end of season seven (I think). He certainly got the short end of the stick that season, and it's easy to understand his growing lack of trust in the team as you present it. Keep up the angst!Tony, you do it very well.
Gage39 chapter 1 . 5/18/2011
This story was really good. Keep up the good work!
Dixie Dewdrop chapter 1 . 1/14/2011
Oh my goodness- this was gripping, haunting, and totally believable!
sueKay-04 chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
Excellent. This is one of the best NCIS character studies I've read! :)
xenascully chapter 1 . 10/17/2010
creepy. and awesome. nice job:)
shywr1ter chapter 1 . 10/17/2010
Wow. You do this so well. Thanks for a darker but very possible DiNozzo.
Sparkiebunny chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
Wow. This absolutely BLEW ME AWAY. I don't say that often. But everything about this fic was a masterpiece. From the chilling analogies to the raw metaphors, and the blunt, amazing description...Wow. And the characterizations were SPOT ON. Everything fit together beautifully, even the title was perfect. My hat is off to you for this astoundig piece of work. Well done! :D
NikkiMonster chapter 1 . 8/11/2010
I loved it. Thank you for giving a voice to Tony's thoughts.
gibblette chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
I'm analytical by nature so I'm very partial to character studies and you did a great job taking us into Tony's head. Love the juxtapositions of Tony's viewpoint and motivations vs. those of the rest of Team Gibbs.