Reviews for Hero's Journey
Steveaaml chapter 8 . 11/5/2013
SOOOOOOO GOOD.
What an amazing end to an amazing story.
There's too much that I want to say.
Too many great moments, great lines, narrative tricks, and just too many fantastic things to comprehend right now.
I loved this.
Thank you.
It was perfect.
Steveaaml chapter 7 . 11/5/2013
You write beautifully, with lots of call backs and narrative allusions to previous chapters.
Also, unlike most stories I've read, I BELIEVE that you know the emotions L&M are experiencing. You write the anxiety and excitement that comes with that sort of young romance so damn well.
Steveaaml chapter 6 . 11/5/2013
SO GOOD.
I love this story so much. Your description of the shadow temple was beyond perfect, and the nightmares that came afterward were very familiar to one who played that game as a kid. The bit with the shadows taking Navi was particularly tough.
I really like the bits of Majora lore in here too.
This chapter went from terrifying, to heartbreaking, to sweet, to adorable flirting, to sweet family time, to just perfect. I loved it. If this weren't already favourited, this chapter woulda done it.
Steveaaml chapter 5 . 11/5/2013
What a beautiful thing. Wonderfully foreshadowed all the way back in those early chapters. It didn't occur to me until the start of this chapter when I remembered the Well quest. Which, by the way, I loved that whole thing being summed up as "Well, we got it."
Really clever use of the time travel. Very moving.
Steveaaml chapter 4 . 11/5/2013
You write their relationship very well. All the passion and excitement, the secrecy, that one would expect at their age, and you do it without rushing into some ridiculous sex scene as so many authors would. Perfectly romantic. I liked Malon not wanting to stare wistfully into the rain for hours. I'm also very interested in the discrepancy around young link's departing words.
Steveaaml chapter 3 . 11/5/2013
"If Link wasn't going to impress her with his deeds, Navi would damn well do it for him." I have never read a sentence that better summed up how I imagine the Link/Navi dynamic. She'd be the best wingman.
Also, that last paragraph was beautiful. You do time skips very well, and this was a particularly effective bit. The way the dungeon is almost an afterthought; it doesn't get its own paragraph because the smile is the dominant idea for that paragraph. Shows where Link's mind is at. Truly great writing. Great chapter bookends too, with the dungeon fights.
Steveaaml chapter 2 . 11/5/2013
I totally love this. Great pacing, great narrative voice. I really liked "that seemed an appropriately heroic thing to do". Shows good insight into the mind of a child who's just grown up quickly and is trying to fulfill his appointed role, and who happens to also be dealing with a crush. Really great.
The Beginning of Talent chapter 8 . 2/29/2012
5/5 I didn't expect such a entertaining story. You make a great story teller.
taking it easy chapter 5 . 2/5/2012
wow...you really did make that confusing...
JohnTitor chapter 8 . 10/13/2011
This was really great. I enjoyed it.

I like how you were characters were done. I feel like you could have focused on Malon's abandonment issues a bit more; however, I'm really glad you didn't since it's sometimes annoying to read a fic about someone brooding and moping. I liked Link in your fic as well. He really played the part of a 10 year old confused in a 17 year old's body. All your other characters were greatly done as well.

One of the things I loved the most of this fic, is that Sheik/Zelda was not a callous, jealous bitch. I loved how there was no character bashing. I loved it so much that you don't understand. There are so many fics that are good, but they have Zelda/Malon bashing and just ruin them. I love that you didn't do it, and didn't have to rely on that to show that Link and Malon care for each other.

One thing about their relationship that I think you messed up on, was their awkwardness. It felt more like sexual tension than actual peaceful silence. Then accompanied by the h-scene you had it didn't really prove that they loved each other, it just proved they were horny teens. The dialouge they had wasn't really "relationship" material, at least in my opinion. I did however enjoy this fic immensely. Good job.
pkfire68 chapter 1 . 8/9/2011
This made my day. beautifully made story that im pretty sure could be quite accurate to the real thing. One of the sweetest romances ive read in a while, great work!
The Polyethylene Man chapter 8 . 7/2/2011
This is easily the best multi-chapter Malon and Link romance I've read in years. Not to mention one of the only three (the others being tikitiki's "Insomnia" and Whistle's "Islands and Dreams") LoZ game novelazations worth reading.

One thing bugs me though, why didn't Link get Epona at any point? Wasn't that horse what brought them together in the first place?
Aimsee89 chapter 8 . 3/13/2011
Hi there, just read your whole story and I think it is absolutely amazing! I love your characterisation of Link and I thoroughly enjoyed how you incorporated Malon more into the story. The MaLink moments made me squee with delight and I like how you have stayed so close to the story in Ocarina of Time but also made some welcome changes here and there. Kafei working at Lon Lon Ranch made me giggle. Could he by any chance be the Hylian counterpart to the one in Majora's Mask?

Anyways great story overall. I've added it to my favourites!
puma1sunfire chapter 8 . 2/19/2011
Wow! Nice fanfic. I am surprised you don;t have more reviews it was a good story. I was hoping for one last chapter to end it all but this also seems like a good point to end it. Well gonna check out your other stories now and see if any catch my eyes. Keep up the great work.
Niftu Cal chapter 1 . 1/29/2011
I started reading this story and found I just couldn't stop. There were so many great things about this story, I can't even say them all. This is easily one of the best pieces of fanfiction I've read. Bravo.