Reviews for Road Closed Ahead
Katrin Van Helsing chapter 7 . 8/19/2010
I loved it.
Zara Zee chapter 7 . 8/18/2010
Nice wrap up. Enjoyed the journey...

I liked Sam's 'He knew someone equally attached to his ride' line. And Mrs Maples saying that she'd think about the deposit brought a smile to my face. Nice way to finish off. Thanks for sharing.
Sue Pokorny chapter 7 . 8/18/2010
Very enjoyable adventure. I love stories that weave actual legends into them and I did like your take on the Headless Horseman. Nice touch having the motel lady be William's wife and knowing they were hunters. It's nice for the boys to have backup sometimes.

Thanks for a great read!

Sue
Ciya chapter 7 . 8/18/2010
Loved your headless horseman - for once he wasn't just a mindless :) killing machine, he was being directed against his will to kill and maim. Glad the horseman..William..was able to find peace and his wife is free.
lunasgathering39 chapter 7 . 8/18/2010
Excellent wrap up. Excellent story! I really loved the comparison between Dean and the horses at the rescue. And the kind, gentle way in which she helped them all feel needed again. We also finally get a glimpse of the Boys dealing with their anger issues. Well done! _
Colby's girl chapter 7 . 8/18/2010
Really enjoyed the story. I knew something was up with the hotel owner/receptionist but was not expecting the outcome you presented. Good one. I think you could add and epilogue if you're up for it. You have enough material in the comfort and and recovery of both boys to work with if you wanted to, I'd want to read. Thanks for the terrific story.
sela117 chapter 7 . 8/18/2010
Ooh, the innkeeper was the horseman's wife... didn't see that coming!

That was a fun little story, thanks for sharing!
JennK528 chapter 7 . 8/18/2010
Well, that was a twist I didn't see coming! Hotel lady as Mrs Maples! Nice and sneaky of you. Or else I'm just really oblivious and can't read between the lines...I always like your ghosts.

Anyway, terrific tale - and a great job of getting back to the familiar and oh so long-for angst of season one. *sniff*

Also? Nice detail with Dean knowing how to ride a horse. Dean on a horse. Just kinda...hot. If you know what I mean, and I think that you do. :)
I'mcalledZorro chapter 7 . 8/18/2010
Anoter great story! You always hit them out of te ballpark!
Ryla chapter 6 . 8/18/2010
Way to go, leave us all on a cliffhanger! LOL I'm now waiting for the next chapter on pins and needles!
Colby's girl chapter 6 . 8/18/2010
That was great. I loved the pace and action.
pandora jazz chapter 6 . 8/17/2010
I'm glad that Sam arrived in time to see the horseman with Dean.

I felt bad for Sam, but loved his determination to help his brother no matter how badly he was feeling.

Very creepy scene in the basement, it was probably a good thing Dean was unconscious. I did like your line about the brothers being a packaged deal, that is why we fell in love with the show, unsure if we will see that again.

For a moment there, I was wondering if Sam was going to find the head or not.

So the hunt may have not gone according to plan, but Dean found the witch and Sam found the head and both the brothers are suffering from to many blows to the head, yet they solved it together.

I've enjoyed reading this story. Thanks again for sharing it with us.
sela117 chapter 6 . 8/17/2010
I guess nobody ever told the witch the definition of karma!

D

I liked the way you foreshadowed what's to come in future seasons; the boy's being a package deal and Sam's anger issues. Well done!
AlecDeanFan chapter 6 . 8/17/2010
Oh, that is so not fair. Dean was unconscious the entire chapter. Glad the headless horseman took care of the witch. After what she did to him he definitely deserved to be the one to kill her. Can't wait for a conscious Dean, and the next chapter. So love the fact you update almost daily.
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 6 . 8/17/2010