Reviews for The Satan War
mendenbar chapter 16 . 10/19/2011
Short, but tasty and definitely pithy!
EmeraldWings90 chapter 16 . 10/19/2011
Hi! Just letting you know that I'm still reading all of your fics that I've reviewed before, I just don't have time/energy for my usual reviews nowadays. But great chapters on all of them :)

mendenbar chapter 15 . 10/10/2011
Now that the cannon fodder is mostly out of the way, the main event can begin. Nice job balancing out all the parties. Just a glimpse here and there as a real battle would provide.
Ultimate Warrior of Zera chapter 13 . 7/21/2011
Nice choices for the Horsemen.
mendenbar chapter 12 . 6/29/2011
A chapter that doesn't exactly advance the plot but does wonders for setting it up, motivations, worries and all. I'm glad you wrote this one. Gives us a chance to catch up with everyone for a moment. That last calm breath before it all hits the fan. Thanks.
Lord Gambit508 chapter 10 . 6/8/2011
I guess this means they now have TWO people who look the same. I have to admit, I figured Fred would join the team last chapter, (and seeing as she is one of my favorite Angel characters, I'm glad she did),
EmeraldWings90 chapter 9 . 5/25/2011
Yay! Fred's soul is - well, not entirely okay, but she still exists! I'm so happy! I really don't have time to review now, but I've read every new chapter and I loved them all, but I just had to say this. I just knew her soul couldn't have been destroyed. :)

Lord Gambit508 chapter 9 . 5/24/2011
Oh...oh shit
mendenbar chapter 8 . 4/20/2011
Captain Jack Sparrow? Oooh, I can think of all sorts of reasons for him. Can't wait to find out yours.

Good to see the Batman back. A truly noble character no matter what he himself thinks.

Angel just understands Spike way too well.
Emerald Wings chapter 7 . 3/8/2011
Oh yeah, one more thing:

"Satan barely had time to register that the Coven had gone before he ceased to exist in the state that he had existed in previously."

That's promising. It means *something* changed in time, at least. :)

EmeraldWings90 chapter 7 . 3/8/2011
Just noticing: You left out Hellboy from the introductions last chapter. BTW, I loved his and Angel's conversation here.

Yeah, pulling out Excalibur... I'd like it if Angel could do it. He was worthy to pull out a sword from a stone once, but that was for Evil... can he do it for Good?

Wouldn't it have been easier if they did it in two steps? Go back in time, then go into Hell? Would have given them a little more time for the Hell-portal at least... But this Clockwork guy was cool. :)

Flaming green and black... must be beautiful.

Before he could say any more, the world around the Coven suddenly seemed to stop, the pressure on the barrier that they had

-you are missing the end of this line.

I'd still like to see Erik (the Phantom of the Opera) but I'm not sure how he could help. I've got several Star Wars ideas, but, well, 'galaxy far far away' and all, so that won't work. You said you'd bring Vampire Batman from CRS, right? Though I hope he didn't go to Hell. Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde? I don't know.

I keep thinking that, since it is Hell, they could recruit people from any time period, but I can barely think of any past stories with supernatural in them. Maybe some OC's? Or some adaptation of Egyptian mythology or something?

Hey, we do have a lot of Charmed involvement already, but what about Phoebe's evil past life? Or maybe Darla. (Come to think of it, I can't remember right now: what's up with Connor?) Or Holtz. I'd say there's a chance he's in Hell -after all he committed suicide- but I'm not sure he'd help Angel even under these circumstances. Snape? Though I hope he's not in Hell. Or Pettigrew. I hope he *is* in Hell, but under these circumstances, maybe he could help... down there, he's got nothing to lose and something to gain by helping defeat Satan.

That's all my ideas, I think. I'm very, very excited... :)

that guy you know the one chapter 7 . 3/8/2011
You could have any of the Winchester men from Supernatural, they all spent time in hell even if they didn't stay there. You'd only be able to use one of them though since they were all there at different times. Kratos from God of War would be a good addition, they could use a former god. He may have done it for selfish reasons and not cared about innocent lives lost in the process, but he fought to free mankind from the control of the gods. Or heres an interesting idea, Jack Sparrow.
mendenbar chapter 6 . 1/26/2011
HERO: someone who does what needs to be done regardless of personal sacrifice.

Seems like you've got quite a crowd of heroes.
Niacine chapter 6 . 1/26/2011
Hi! I love the story! Sorry to be a grammarnazi, but...

"it was a plan that would save the people they cared around"

shouldn't that be "cared about"?
EmeraldWings90 chapter 6 . 1/26/2011
I'm taking it back; nice job on the introductions. Just what I had in mind. :)

Okay, just had to take a little break to bounce down the stairs and tell my parents about Angel's brilliant plan - I just can't contain myself. "This guy is good" indeed. But seriously, how could I have forgotten about time travel?

Excalibur in the attic! XD That sounds absolutely hilarious when put this way... LOL.

I agree with Deadman - it's the 'kill Satan' part that I have trouble with, too. Maybe that's why I didn't think of time travel - what's the point is the guy's always been indestructible? Just because back then he didn't have enough power to conquer everything doesn't mean that he could be killed... Guess I'll see. (Maybe recruit in the past, too? Or are they going back and into Hell at the same time, not in two separate steps?) But the fact that Satan deliberately got the Coven out of the way while he was preparing shows that he *was* worried about them, so that probably means they do have a chance.

Yeah, that's the hard thing about time travel: unless you do it by merging your future memories into your past self, (or if you don't change too much and go back to the future) even in the best case scenario you can get the problem that there's two of you. Not to mention that with some methods of TT, going back to change something is simply impossible, or creates a paradox that ends the universe. So I'll be interested to see how your theory of time travel works. The thing that makes the most sense to me (apart from that method I said where you don't travel back bodily, just merge with your past self) would be if they all died in the attack and their past selves would be free to live on - but it would also make me really sad. I like it that they get to know each other here, and that shouldn't be lost.

48 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »