Reviews for I'd Have to Love You
SoundWriter chapter 1 . 9/14/2013
Excellent work! The buildup to the proposal and then the way Draco was let down was heart-wrenching to read, but I loved the story anyway. Nice job. :)
PanonLove chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
Wow. I think this is the closest thing to the reality of Pansy and Draco's relationship. The proposal was sweet, and not a cliche. Then fell Pansy's bomb. She was point-blank, and that makes it superb. I mean, I don't imagine Pansy as the one who would easily give in. I like the fact that Draco loves her. It's nice for a change that it's Pansy who refuses, and it's Draco who is left confused; and not the other way around.

A splendid job from you, dear writer :)
Luna Rapunzel chapter 1 . 10/18/2011
Aw. ALL OF THE LOVE for TML! I loved Draco's proposal, Pansy's reaction, and Draco's general narrative/train of thought, but the one thing I would have liked to see was more of a rationale for what was wrong in their relationship and why Pansy said no-/why/ she didn't feel the same way as Draco did, or a few indications that she hadn't seemed to love him as much as he loved her, etc. You touched on this a little in the first paragraph where Draco mentions that marriage was something their parents were expecting by now, but yes. That said, the emotions rang really true with this one, and you did a super lovely job on the whole. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 10/18/2011
so sad how could pansy do that to draco... hes like the best charecter in the books( brring dobby of course)
Written Sparks chapter 1 . 8/30/2011
I really liked the idea of this piece and I enjoy your choice of words, you really have a way with words. I did find this to be a little out of character for Draco but the last line really brought it back to the arrogant Draco we knew. Good job.
Bad Mum chapter 1 . 8/22/2011
Oh, I love this. You build us up so nicely to the proposal and then let us down - as Draco was let down - with a huge thump. I love how you show us that their relationship has developed, that their engagement is just the logical next step, and I love that in the end Pansy is too honest to go along with it. Good stuff.
lightblue-Nymphadora chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
Ouch! I was so hopeful, and then BAM... I think what I liked best was Draco's confusion, and Pansy's resolve. SO many fics make it so that she just gives in because it's what she thinks she's supposed to do. Way to go taking it in another direction. Super believable story.
thenewkait chapter 1 . 3/24/2011
This was a bittersweet story. I loved how you wrote that Draco actually cared for Pansy and in the end it was actually Pansy who did not return the affection. This is very different from how this couple is usually played out and I enjoyed the change. A great job! Loved it!

~Kait
DoubleCaramel chapter 1 . 3/10/2011
Boo, this was awfully depressing. Now I shall go to bed (when I finally finish sending off my essay of hell) unhappy because I didn't get my designated happy bed-time story. *pouts* The angst label was obviously not enough warning for my sleep deprived brain.

But, yes, on with my review . . . This was depressing and it surprised me.

I was all happy, getting my mind in the gutter with the first paragraph (it's the lack of sleep, I say! *cough*), having to read it more than once to actually see the big picture. Then I got hopeful, marriage proposals are such cute stories (and, yes, I was still ignoring the 'angst' genre). And them . . . Wow, you caught me with how adorable everything was being. Draco was just so amazing and wonderful and not OOC at all because he was with Pansy who he's known forever (so showing some vulnerability would not be a crime).

But then, *gasp*, you broke Draco's heart and it was horrible to read. Not because it was badly written, but because it was just plain sad.

Still, gorgeous piece.

P.S. I quite liked the detail about Pansy being a terrible dancer.
Rosawyn chapter 1 . 2/12/2011
That was truly heartbreaking. And I don't even like either of the characters. Though, I do like them as a pairing. Gaaa! I can't believe you made me not only sorry for Draco but sorry for Pansy too!
Rikki Felidae chapter 1 . 2/8/2011
I teared up a little reading this.

Oh my gosh that never happens either! Its so sad, poor Draco. I knew it was coming but it still hurt to read.
stilessttilinski chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
Oh my god, poor Draco.

I feel so sorry for him! :(

I love your one-shots, by the way.

They're very cute! :D

I don't really like Draco/Pansy, but I couldn't resist clicking on it, lol.

:D
TheAlmightyMeow chapter 1 . 8/26/2010
Poor Draco... :(

You should have way more review on this!

It's really great :) And it's the first one I read where Pansy is rejecting Draco and not the other way around.

I'm looking up your other stories now!
Stephanie O chapter 1 . 8/12/2010
I'm not much into Draco stories, but I really felt bad for him in this one. Poor Draco!

I really loved this line: 'The convenient thing about getting down to one knee to propose for marriage is that it's easy to get down on both to beg.' -very well-worded!
SunripenedChaos chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
This really made me feel for Draco, and I usually have a hard time feeling sympathetic to his character. Good writing style :)