Reviews for Nightmare
wotumba1 chapter 1 . 1/16/2013
i think el has a point there. she's good at figuring out what neal might want...
ferryboat George chapter 1 . 11/16/2011
Interesting theories on Neal
Novelist N Training chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
Smart El
deaka chapter 1 . 8/13/2010
I really think you got El and Peter here: Peter holding onto his suspicions - because he has to, because it's his job stand between Neal-as-felon and the public - and El in turn balancing his concerns with good sense and giving him room to trust in Neal a little.

Peter's concerns about Mozzie were an interesting touch, too. He's got a point, when you think about it. It may be glossed over in the show, but Mozzie does have some less than savory contacts.
Kiki Cabou chapter 1 . 8/12/2010
Another winner. The back-and-forth communal fog clearing between Peter and Elizabeth was extremely well done, and Peter made a lot of good points about Neal. But the most interesting point he made was with regards to Mozzie, about how the paranoid demeanor is an act. I was totally blown away by that moment in "By the Book" when he took the gun from that bad guy in half a second and trained it on him, and for a second there was something in his eyes that I'd never seen before; something really dangerous. I couldn't stop myself. I was like, "Whooooa." So I'm super happy you worked that into a fic. That was cool. And Elizabeth's final words about Neal's perceived harmlessness as actual self-defense were completely on point and I'm glad she managed to talk Peter down ... or up, as the case may be. *wink*
MaraudingSnitch1314 chapter 1 . 8/11/2010
This is fantastic. I love the back-and-forth analysis of Neal's character that you've showcased through Peter and Elizabeth. This is a realistic conversation, and your story really forces us to remember that, no matter how charming and harmless Neal is, he's still "an internationally renowned art thief" and the world's greatest white collar criminal. You did a wonderful job of explaining Peter's constant worry and just why he isn't able to trust Neal 100%. Great work. Please write more White Collar fics!
Enfleurage chapter 1 . 8/10/2010
Well done and insightful, and very believable. Neal is a con man and a criminal, and as much as everyone wants to believe in him, he's made a career out of fooling people who thought they could trust him.
Lisa Paris chapter 1 . 8/10/2010
Really astute take on things. I think Peter's right to be wary and although it's easy to be taken in by Neal's appeal and charm, one mustn't forget he has done things which have hurt people.

Theft hurts - ask any victim - as does being lied to. The sense of violation is extrememly unpleasant, and must be worse, if one has also been conned.
xblackcat21x chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
This was very good. As i read it, i didnt like the idea of Neal having the warning and evrythng, but i had to keep telling myself it was just a fanfiction. It was very realistic and i could definately imagine this as a scene on the show.
Wondo chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
Quite a different perspective from Peter. Nicely written. Gives the reader so much to think about.
govgal chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
You raised some really good points I hadn't thought about and I have to agree that that is the one thing that Neal keeps repeating - hating guns. I am so looking forward to tomorrow's episode where it looks like Neal IS involved with guns.